The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 122,228 times)

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 11, 2018, 01:43:17 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on May 11, 2018, 01:29:40 AM
For some idiotic reason, I thought it was the Jungle Hunter's helmet.

You know what would be really great is if they had City Hunter's helmet in there somewhere. He did leave it lying in that meat factory after all.

That would have been fantastic. I hope we get references to City Hunter at some point in th film.

As to where they could have gone with this, honestly, the genetic modification stuff aside, they're more or less going exactly where I thought they should have, instead of the "Predators" route.

Predator is our first battle with them. The sequel shows that people are on the look out for Predators. So part 3 should arguably be humans turning the tables on The Predators and turning them into the prey.

Like always the devil is in the details, though. If we get some good likeable characters than the weaknesses in the story can be overlooked.

I agree with that. I was hoping for more character moments in the trailer but at the same time I don't want to have great lines spoiled right off the bat.

ace3g

Just a teaser but interesting we didn't see Edward James Olmos, also who was the actor playing the character interrogating Quinn - didn't see him on the IMDB page.

genocyber

Wow, this looks pretty shit. The stuff with the kid fooling with their tech was a real facepalm digging moment. The dialogue and characters all seem reminiscent of AVP Requiem, and the hybridization seems like a retarded idea they're going all in on.

Mr.Turok

One thing that got my curiosity is the hybridization plot they got going on. Splicing with human DNA? Is it going to be like Hunter Borgia from Predator Concrete Jungle? Why would Preds even splice with us as they are vastly superior to us in every way? Or is it us trying to be spliced with them?

Can't wait to see more.

blood.

The mask kinda looks like it's forehead is inflated compared to previous masks. Weird. It doesn't even look like the predator face design has changed, just a weird mask.

Huggs

Quote from: blood. on May 11, 2018, 03:28:00 AM

The mask kinda looks like it's forehead is inflated compared to previous masks. Weird. It doesn't even look like the predator face design has changed, just a weird mask.

It looks like some kind of sucking thing. Like those creatures from Jabu Jabu's Belly in Ocarina of Time.

Hollywood

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 11, 2018, 02:58:55 AM
One thing that got my curiosity is the hybridization plot they got going on. Splicing with human DNA? Is it going to be like Hunter Borgia from Predator Concrete Jungle? Why would Preds even splice with us as they are vastly superior to us in every way? Or is it us trying to be spliced with them?

Can't wait to see more.

Maybe they want to adapt to cooler temps or breathe our atmosphere better?

pmaz11

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 10, 2018, 10:47:20 PM
Thought after watching on my phone:

It doesn't look bad, but the kid stuff does ring a bit too Iron Man 3. They could have done more to make it feel like a Predator trailer, rather than just having the clicking a few times.

That being said, the production value looks solid, and I'm hopeful this new direction is fun. Hopefully we get a full trailer in a month or so to give us more to judge.

I completely agree with you Ultramorph just based on this first teaser trailer. Great points and I still have to see a little more before I make some better opinions.

Also, I was never too keen on the idea with this kid and the bigger role he maybe plays after first hearing about it. But I never did read any leaked scripts or anything, so I'm willing to run with some of these ideas/plot details I've heard so far. As long as it gives a partially new (positive) direction for the Predator franchise. Also, If the production is done well too and they keep a gritty/scary tone to parts of the film I think this can end up being a decent film that I can be happy with.

I feel the ship crashing on earth is just a lazy rehashed idea from the AVP films, with this Predators tone to the trailer, which I did enjoy Predators well enough. But this new film still looks to have its own style of course, so I'm still excited to see more of it.

But until we see a little more down the road, without having too much ruined about the plot or any spoilers hopefully...I'll keep waiting to have a stronger opinion on certain elements of the film.

Lionhart

Predator 2 the last scene when the Predator ship flew away, Harrigan runs back to office, calls Dutch and together they work with NASA that helps them build some kind of a ship. They fly to the Predator world and they f**k them up. End of story :-)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

The reactions to this teaser have been depressingly negative. Like, it wasn't the greatest trailer of all time. But, the reactions across multiple social platforms has been overwhelming negative from what I saw all day. From Youtube, FaceBook, Twitter, the official PREDATOR app and the forums.

I hope the next trailer pulls a VENOM and has a drastically different effect on people. Well, for the most part anyway.

Tangakkai

First thoughts shooting through my brain after seeing this:

-Woah, wasn't expecting the AvP:Requiem vibe :-\ That ain't a good one for me.

-But nice to see that the shuriken and the oneblade-wristgear have been included :)

-Those Predators... look tiny. :(

-The one with the strange mask, is that one female? Looks fairly feminine when shooting the wristblade.

-The cast is bringing solid a-game from (the few things) I see. Looking forward to seeing them interact with each other. May be the first time since predator 2 where I care about the human protagonists.

-still... why... suburbs... looks... so... cheap  ???

Lionhart

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 11, 2018, 05:50:04 AM
First thoughts shooting through my brain after seeing this:

-Woah, wasn't expecting the AvP:Requiem vibe :-\ That ain't a good one for me.

-But nice to see that the shuriken and the oneblade-wristgear have been included :)

-Those Predators... look tiny. :(

-The one with the strange mask, is that one female? Looks fairly feminine when shooting the wristblade.

-The cast is bringing solid a-game from (the few things) I see. Looking forwars to seeing thecinteracr. May be the first time since predator 2 where I care about the human protagonists.

-still... why... suburbs... looks... so... cheap  ???

Not all Predators are tall, check out this picture
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Losttribe_grouppic.jpg

goose_3387

In regards to the AVPR vibes the story and setting was the least of that movies problems. The actors, characters, production, music video directors all contributed to the final mess that it was.

I like all the Wolf stuff in AVPR. It's deffo a guilty pleasure of mine. They did a good job with Wolf. Imagine putting just Wolf in The Predator with a top director and what looks like a very well put together cast...

cheachea

Quote from: goose_3387 on May 11, 2018, 06:10:12 AM
They did a good job with Wolf. Imagine putting just Wolf in The Predator with a top director and what looks like a very well put together cast...

blood.

This is only a teaser trailer so I'm not jumping to conclusions but the overall theme of the film seems way off for a predator film. This could be a good thing I guess. If it IS a action/comedy/horror it could turn out like a lethal weapon movie with a predator thrown in, which although quite distant from the roots of this franchise still sounds like a whole bunch of fun.

I'm removing expectations and just going to go in for the lols and hopefully watch a predator throw some hapless tough guys for 5.

Also I'll mention about Wolf - the reason we liked wolf so good is because the narrative of the movie follows him/it somewhat. That simply wouldn't work in a horror movie where the predator is the sole villain, because the suspense is completely lost... however I don't think that is the type of movie this will be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed