ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 398,456 times)

Ultramorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 01, 2015, 03:55:34 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 01, 2015, 03:11:00 AM
Assuming Blomkamp's movie is a new alternate timeline, wouldn't that also clash with the Titan Publishing books which are post Alien 3 and Resurrection?
Only one of the Titan books is post Alien3.

The upcoming Rage War trilogy is more than likely also post-Resurrection.

Xenomrph

How do we know?

Hell, the bulk of the EU is technically "post Alien3" but isn't reliant on it, even if Alien3 got wiped out the vast majority of the EU could still work within the "new" timeline.

Ultramorph

We can go back and do up the James Moore quotes on Aliens Experiene, but, honestly, I don't think it's worth it. I don't even see what all this debating is for. The films and EU have existed in parallel for decades, Wilks-Billie/Big Deletion ductape non-withstanding. I was just making the Star Trek comparison as a way of posing out how the films and novels/comics can go their own way.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 01, 2015, 04:14:24 AM
I was just making the Star Trek comparison as a way of posing out how the films and novels/comics can go their own way.

To be truthful, the Star Trek EU is non-canon in any capacity. Paramount has even announced that but they said that in the case of the written works by Roddenberry, that's more or less up to him at the time when he was alive.

But assuming we do get different timelines, and still sticking with the analogy you mentioned.. where would this put the AvP films? Would they be their own universe which was built off the first two Predator films and the three Alien films, Resurrection not withstanding of course? I don't see a reason why they couldn't/wouldn't be assuming we have alternate timelines going on.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 01, 2015, 04:02:10 AMHow do we know?

The author of Sea of Sorrows (the post-Resurrection novel) has stated it follows on from his book.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2015, 10:49:23 PM
Has there been any more word on this? I'd really like to get it, if/when it actually hits shelves.

The French edition has already been released. No idea what the holdup is with the English edition.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2015, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 01, 2015, 04:02:10 AMHow do we know?

The author of Sea of Sorrows (the post-Resurrection novel) has stated it follows on from his book.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. :)

locusta

Well, well. It does take a loooong time, but it´s coming.

Just as a small update, for technical reasons (and I knew that from the beginning) the flip cover for the SE became a slip cover ;)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-insight-collectibles-902252/

HuDaFuK

Nice. That slip case does look awesome, even in close-up. I quite like the minimalist grey cover art for the actual book inside too.

Corporal Hicks

That does look gorgeous. And those images make me tempted.

But I'm really not going to spend that much.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ask them if they can send you a copy for "review purposes".  :laugh:

predxeno

I wanna know who would spend $325 for ONE book.  Unless they have a steep discount available, I can't even touch that price. :(

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 05, 2015, 06:58:34 PM
Ask them if they can send you a copy for "review purposes".  :laugh:

I'm not that cheeky.

predxeno

You could probably get away with it, tho. :D ;D

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 05, 2015, 08:14:17 PM
I wanna know who would spend $325 for ONE book.  Unless they have a steep discount available, I can't even touch that price. :(
I bought some of Giger's books for about that. Each.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed