Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,349 times)

happypred

Now I'm impressed by the art...

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 14, 2014, 04:08:58 AM
That's something I actually am curious about.. How would a mutated human cope with a Predator?

I think Fitfield is still a fair bit weaker than a xenomorph. Judging by their wrestling shenanigans, I'd say predators such as Wolf and Celtic are physically on the same level as xenomorphs, if not stronger

Xenomorphine

Deacons have tails now?

I like most of the art style, but those lower jaws are... Strange.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 13, 2014, 10:42:03 PM
....AvP movies included? This is what doesn't corroborate here.

There's nothing which really contradicts one another. Nothing is on screen which says Lance Weyland couldn't have existed before Guy Weyland.

What had previously been the sticking point, was the clearly canon-contradicting nature of the 'Requiem' Predalien's reproduction method. But as I've said before, paradoxically, the black ooze in 'Prometheus' now makes that easier to hand-wave away as a f**ked-if-we-know plot device.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 14, 2014, 06:10:36 PM
There's nothing which really contradicts one another. Nothing is on screen which says Lance Weyland couldn't have existed before Guy Weyland.

Nothing on screen anyway.. But if you actually take the time to look at the Weyland Corp Timeline, then the contradictions are glaring. And I think Ridley intended that.

predxeno

predxeno

I didn't see any glaring contradictions; it actually looks like it deliberately tried to avoid them.

Master

Master

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 14, 2014, 06:10:36 PM
Deacons have tails now?

The one in the middle is Alien I think.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 14, 2014, 06:32:39 PM
I didn't see any glaring contradictions; it actually looks like it deliberately tried to avoid them.

How so?

predxeno

predxeno

The timeline was very descriptive but when it went to 2004 territory it appeared to get vague (I interpreted it as deliberate) so as to avoid contradiction with the AVP films.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 14, 2014, 06:48:09 PM
The timeline was very descriptive but when it went to 2004 territory it appeared to get vague (I interpreted it as deliberate) so as to avoid contradiction with the AVP films.

Well, I don't want to get into a canon debate. I would but I'd rather not so as to avoid the ban-hammer from admins.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you though on that, but I don't think that this is a thread for that particular discussion.

predxeno

predxeno

Ok but out of curiosity, what are these contradictions you see in the timeline that contradict the AVP films?  This is the first I've heard of them.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 14, 2014, 06:54:57 PM
Ok but out of curiosity, what are these contradictions you see in the timeline that contradict the AVP films?  This is the first I've heard of them.

Namely when the two companies were founded. Weyland Industries was supposed founded sometime during the 1970s I believe, and Weyland Corp was founded sometime around October 10th, 2012 I believe.

Born Of Cold Light

I don't mind deacons being genetically engineered bio-weapons, but I do hope that they allow the xenomorphs to be a natural species, or at least keep things vague.  I personally feel that making them all nothing but lab creations takes way from their uniqueness as a species, and indeed, a franchise.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Many Angled One on Jan 14, 2014, 07:29:17 PM
I don't mind deacons being genetically engineered bio-weapons, but I do hope that they allow the xenomorphs to be a natural species, or at least keep things vague.  I personally feel that making them all nothing but lab creations takes way from their uniqueness as a species, and indeed, a franchise.

Same thing with the Predators. I just hope that the new comics don't establish that the Engineers created not just humans and the Xenomorphs, but also the Predators.. I would like to think that the Predators are a naturally occurring species as well.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 14, 2014, 07:59:44 PM
Quote from: Many Angled One on Jan 14, 2014, 07:29:17 PM

Same thing with the Predators. I just hope that the new comics don't establish that the Engineers created not just humans and the Xenomorphs, but also the Predators.. I would like to think that the Predators are a naturally occurring species as well.

I don't see why they would as I think that would be a movie-level story shift.  That's just too much of a change in the mythos to be done in a comic book.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 14, 2014, 06:29:35 PM
Nothing on screen anyway.. But if you actually take the time to look at the Weyland Corp Timeline, then the contradictions are glaring. And I think Ridley intended that.

I don't think he had a hand in being consulted about those materials (or if he was, didn't look too closely at them). Otherwise, outlandish stuff, like the 'Weyland Storm Rifle' wouldn't have existed - which actually contradicts 'Aliens' (either that or the Colonial Marines have such a poor budget, they can't afford old, superior hardware). I don't personally regard them as canonical. Just trivia made up for the home release.

Then again, I'm still waiting for a reason why that dream observation technology wasn't simply used on Ripley when she returned, considering all the repeated traumatic nightmares she kept having... Would have come in mightily useful at her hearing.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 14, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

He's admitted he's never even watched the first of the AVP films. I doubt he even realises it was set in that year. He's relied on others telling him it was bad, rather than making up his own mind.

Would've avoided all the other similarities if he was going down that road.

predxeno

predxeno

Ridley wasn't the one who created the timeline.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed