Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,111 times)

AJL

AJL

I am not a big fan of jungle maps... Even in AvP2 where jungle usually
only meant desert with some trees and bushes here and there marines
really had it hard...

In map like that in that Crysis video it would be hopeless for marines...

Sure they may have weapons which can kill enemies from distance just
fine but they have to see them first... and there is soo much foliage...
They would never see the enemies untill its too damn late...

And sure Marines might have Smartguns and Snipers... But does those
things even detect anything through the foliage ? Maybe, Maybe not.

And besided those Marines won't have Smartguns and Sniper rifles...
They got Pulse Rifles and Pistols...

Revenant

Revenant

Quote from: AJL on Jan 27, 2010, 05:06:38 PM
I am not a big fan of jungle maps... Even in AvP2 where jungle usually
only meant desert with some trees and bushes here and there marines
really had it hard...

In map like that in that Crysis video it would be hopeless for marines...

Sure they may have weapons which can kill enemies from distance just
fine but they have to see them first... and there is soo much foliage...
They would never see the enemies untill its too damn late...

And sure Marines might have Smartguns and Snipers... But does those
things even detect anything through the foliage ? Maybe, Maybe not.

And besided those Marines won't have Smartguns and Sniper rifles...
They got Pulse Rifles and Pistols...

you got a point ther ... but still automated aiming is BIG

The_Silencer

Additionally the designer can always lower the vegetation's density.

I don't think marines might look tha naked on a map like this we're discussing on here. Grenade launchers, pulse rifles, smart guns, ( no flamethrowers please.. pretty laggy here ), PISTOLS!.. Seriously, a  well coordinated squad of marines on this map should enjoy the XP as much as a lonely Preddie. Hmm.. I said 1 marines squad Vs. 1 Pred.. does that ring a bell there?.

Revenant

Revenant

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 27, 2010, 06:21:45 PM
Additionally the designer can always lower the vegetation's density.

I don't think marines might look tha naked on a map like this we're discussing on here. Grenade launchers, pulse rifles, smart guns, ( no flamethrowers please.. pretty laggy here ), PISTOLS!.. Seriously, a  well coordinated squad of marines on this map should enjoy the XP as much as a lonely Preddie. Hmm.. I said 1 marines squad Vs. 1 Pred.. does that ring a bell there?.

If ur talking about teh mode '' Predator Hunt '' then i'v already mentioned it on page2.

mawhuhawuhawuhaw

Giger_Incubator

Keeping it simple and short.

With changes people are asking for like:

Crouching

Marines not being able to see well due to flashlight.

etc...

Why do you want this game to be every other game out there, just with an AVP skin?

I don't understand wanting features from other games put into this game, because then this wouldn't be this game.   They made this game to play a certain way, if you don't like it, don't play it. 

The marines are supposed to have the flashlight be weak.

Trophy kills are supposed to be both a blessing and a curse.  They aren't "cheap" kills, they're KILLS.  I am really trying to understand this mindset of making the game your way.  It's an experience they set up for us to execute.  You either like it or you don't.

Balancing issues, bugs, graphical and server problems.  These are things we should complain about and try to get fixed, but what is the f**king point in asking for major gameplay changes?  This is the game!

PRI. HUDSON

The flashlight could be a tad brighter. Maybe a night vision mode like the other games.

Also for the Marine. Only 5 weapons? Pulse Rifle, Shotgun, Smartgun, Flamethrower, and Sniper Rifle? Lame. I don't count the VP-78 or w/e it's called.

Nutlink

Nutlink

It's also known as the pistol  ::)

Also, how is adding crouching making it like every other game out there?  That's like saying having customizable controls makes it like Quake and having a shotgun makes it like Doom.

The point of asking for gameplay changes, no matter how big or small, is because, like you said, it's a game.  And people want a game tailored to their wants.  That's why some want crouch, others want a damn near invincible Predator, instant kill Marine weapons, Aliens that are unstoppable during melee, and any other change that's been requested.

About the only thing I'd like to see changed is increasing the arc of the grenade from the pulse rifle.

Ironseven

Ironseven

The only thing i want for marines is improved vision, seriously i can hardly see anything.

As for crouch i don't really care..

Zephon

Zephon

But what purpose would crouching serve???? Do tell please.

And the marine is supposed to see little, that's what makes it tense for him. Besides you have a motion tracker... use it.  ;)

Brother

Brother

Please change. Please don't change!
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=28616.0

Giger_Incubator

Crouching is not like customizable controls.

It is a feature in FPSs that is considered a "standard." 

This is barely a FPS.  Its more of a hybrid fighting game.

Barminator89BE

crouching would be dumb because the marine is even more vulnerable...
the only thing they may change is the trophy kill's, several time's i've died when playing a predator when i was ripping the spine out of a human because it just takes a f**king long time like 5sec's or so in that time you could be dead 3 time's i know because i had some nice kill's with it :D but still it sucks when it's you.
i don't use stealth kill's or trophy kill's anymore just hack em to bits

Nutlink

Nutlink

Fine, view it as a hybrid FPS/fighting game.  Most FPS' and most fighting games have crouch.  Personally I could care less if it's in, but too many are plugging their ears yelling "NO NEED FOR CROUCH!" every time the subject comes up.  There IS a use for crouch, but it's not necessary.  Convenient, useful, but not necessary.

I take back what I said before.  I'd like to see the Predators plasma mines removed (just doesn't feel like a Predator weapon) and replaced with a net gun.

AJL

AJL

Shoulder Lamps are not simply weak, they are unrealisticly, impossibly weak!
Their "Light" doesn't behave like a real Light...

In the game...

If your in some small pitchblack dark room and you point the light to a wall,
it will illuminate this small spot on the wall... But thats all... The light is not
reflected... The rest of the room remains pitchblack...

In real world...

If you are in some small pitchblack dark room and you point a flashlight to a
wall that light will create this nice bright spot on the wall, but the light will
also reflected all around the room... (you will be able to see the room, not
just the spot on the wall...)

yaji

yaji

Its called global illumination, and its a performance killer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed