When does AVP 2010 take place?

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Feb 22, 2024, 07:28:30 PM

Author
When does AVP 2010 take place? (Read 320 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Basically in terms of the title, considering Aliens Dark Descent includes technology very reminiscent of the first three films or identical and Aliens Fireteam Elite shows much more advanced weaponry, where does AVP 2010 fit with more industrial variations of the equipment?

Clearly after Dark Descent, where the Alien still remains unknown, but similar to Fireteam Elite where the Aliens are known to the Colonial Marines. 

I know AVP 2010 more directly fits with the continuity of AVP and Requiem, directly referencing Charles Bishop Weyland but, I thought it might be an interesting thought exercise anyway.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 22, 2024, 07:28:30 PMBasically in terms of the title, considering Aliens Dark Descent includes technology very reminiscent of the first three films or identical and Aliens Fireteam Elite shows much more advanced weaponry, where does AVP 2010 fit with more industrial variations of the equipment?

Clearly after Dark Descent, where the Alien still remains unknown, but similar to Fireteam Elite where the Aliens are known to the Colonial Marines. 

I know AVP 2010 more directly fits with the continuity of AVP and Requiem, directly referencing Charles Bishop Weyland but, I thought it might be an interesting thought exercise anyway.

I would say definitely closely after Alien 3, the tech it's more advanced but not too advanced. Even in one of the Weyland's audio tapes speak about Ripley like she's already dead

BlueMarsalis79

Well yes, it being after Aliens and AlienĀ³ is obviously a given.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 22, 2024, 09:28:09 PMWell yes, it being after Aliens and AlienĀ³ is obviously a given.
Just found this...

I was looking the concept art of AvP2010 (there are really good stuff that I would have love to see on game) and I found this. An scene very Resurrection-like (for obvious reasons) and look the text says "It would be research that would inform later work about the USM Auriga (nearly 170 years later)"

Still Collating...

I have a feeling there is an exact year in there somewhere. I have the faintest recollection that it's 2180 something. Don't know if in concept art or in an early interview by the devs before the game released did they mention how many years after is it from Alien 3. But I do feel there is a number out there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed