Alien: Isolation - No Escape Vignette, Goes Gold

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2014, 02:14:18 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation - No Escape Vignette, Goes Gold (Read 24,612 times)

PRI. HUDSON

The time to upgrade consoles has come. With a wave of new releases coming, I will not drop another penny on a 360 game unless it's used or given to me for free.

Isolation and Destiny will be my first purchases.

Dill-On

I love this new sounds of xenomorph :)

SM

That one was better.

NickisSmart

Agreed, SM. There's supposed to be seven more. I wonder if they all feature the alien, or if some will focus on hacking or the Androids. I can't imagine they'll spoil much or show us too much new stuff, but I won't complaint with a few new tidbits, either.

Ash 937

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Sep 11, 2014, 04:03:22 PM
The time to upgrade consoles has come. With a wave of new releases coming, I will not drop another penny on a 360 game unless it's used or given to me for free.

Fair enough.  The 360 and PS3 are old consoles at this point...but I can't justify dropping hundreds of dollars on a new system when I barely have time to play the games I already have on my 360. Hell, this might even be the last system I own for quite awhile until something else changes.  Haha.

But I still want to see pictures of the game that Creative Assembly is so proud of on the 360.  Without pics at this point, it all feels a bit suspicious.   ::)

XenoZ

XenoZ

0:34 no double fingers?  :-[

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 12, 2014, 02:06:28 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Sep 11, 2014, 04:03:22 PM

Fair enough.  The 360 and PS3 are old consoles at this point...but I can't justify dropping hundreds of dollars on a new system when I barely have time to play the games I already have on my 360. Hell, this might even be the last system I own for quite awhile until something else changes.  Haha.

But I still want to see pictures of the game that Creative Assembly is so proud of on the 360.  Without pics at this point, it all feels a bit suspicious.   ::)

Well, it's 9 years old almost. What do you expect? I want to see this game in good form, so I am gonna buy it up to date. However, since I don't have an Xbox One yet, if this comes out to so-so reviews, then maybe I will just get it on the 360 and hold off on the upgrade. Not sure when I will get the One. Been working so much that I hardly play my 360 as it is.

WinterActual

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 11, 2014, 04:23:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqtu_pJl1Q#ws

This video was bullshit. What the player is supposed to do here? You go forward the bandits kill you <-> you go back the xeno kills you. And it looks like the game is using "that" '90s feature where all enemies are teamed up against the player because I didn't hear any gunshots from the bandits after the xeno went behind you. Thats strange because in other videos I saw them shooting at the xeno. Apparently its all about the scripts again  :'(

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 12, 2014, 02:14:38 PM

This video was bullshit. What the player is supposed to do here? You go forward the bandits kill you <-> you go back the xeno kills you. And it looks like the game is using "that" '90s feature where all enemies are teamed up against the player because I didn't hear any gunshots from the bandits after the xeno went behind you. Thats strange because in other videos I saw them shooting at the xeno. Apparently its all about the scripts again  :'(

Not sure if this video was scripted, but okay.

newbeing

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 12, 2014, 02:14:38 PM

Pretty sure the video is showing you what NOT to do. In this case Amanda got into a confrontation with bandits and took a shot when she should have just ran or snuck past them.

WinterActual

On the hardest diff you probably will die withing 1-2 shots making it impossible to pass I guess.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Reminds me of the jokes me and my friends used to share about dying in Dead Space 1.
-Do your business in the toilet. Flush. Turn around, Alien is there.
-Open locker, get your ID pass. Close the locker with a slam. Alien is right behind the locker door.
-Go get a drink in the kitchen, pour water into a glass. Alien drops from above the fridge.
-Mailman buzzes your door, you go get the mail, close the door, there's the Alien.
-Walking along a corridor. Your handphone whatsapp tone rings. You look down to read the msg, there's a tail spike through your chest.
-Turn on your computer. Windows boots up with that jingle. You hear heavy breathing behind you.

PRI. HUDSON

Also, the ping from the tracker started slightly before the gun shot. Not to mention, who knows how much noise was made before the clip starts. The alien could have been nearby for many reasons already.

Me, I don't plan on shooting my gun, period. Unless I have to.

Razz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 11, 2014, 06:42:47 AM
Wait, The Evil Within is out next month, too? I don't think I've seen a single gameplay trailer for that yet, I didn't realize it was that far along.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-18-the-evil-within-release-date-jumps-forward-a-week

Yup.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed