The Dream Thread

Started by Necrokult, Sep 05, 2010, 08:34:28 AM

Author
The Dream Thread (Read 85,341 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Dreamed too much stuff to write, so I'll just condense it into chapter names.

Something fishy
The tired ones
National Emergency
Trespassing
Groudhog minute
Rooftop helicopter
Hollywood landing
The ballad of Fatty Rustbucket
Who takes the trash in these conditions?
Big Taxi, Little Bridge.
The Cleveland Brown Fiasco
Bad Country Song

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 05, 2019, 03:05:58 PM
Dreamt Hudson was holding a pool party in one of the local canals here. A train goes by and Biehn-Kyle Reese jumps off, being chased by the T-800.

Hudson yelled, "So glad you could join us, man!" while holding up a beer. Reese gave him this look of, "Are you nuts?"

And I'm just in my inflatable rubber ducky wondering why Huggs and Voodoo are late.

I was the rubber ducky.

You just filled me full of compressed air and then tried to drown me.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Had one of those dreams where I'm being chased by family members, but I also had wings and was like part dragon. And apparently I stumbled upon the CIA tracking someone, the rest was a bit fuzzy, but it was nice to dream about a fictional movie character again. A lot of the stuff I was having before was probably from some internal emotional trauma. lol

EJA

EJA

Last night I dreamed I was in a small town, at night, dark, raining, and people were chasing me, looking to kill me.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Hmm... Multiple people dreamed of being chased. Is this a sign of things to come?

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I turned Gorman into a badass in my latest dream.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 19, 2019, 06:11:06 PM
Hmm... Multiple people dreamed of being chased. Is this a sign of things to come?

Hmm. Maybe....

Do you have similar dreams?

Huggs

Huggs

I dreamed that I discovered a special shirt hidden in a chest within the forest. It had magic powers. Specifically, it made everybody who looked at it cry. I had lots of fun with it.

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 19, 2019, 06:11:06 PM

It's part of the human condition. I am chased in some way in basically every dream, but I freely admit that I love it.

Huggs

Huggs

I was pursued through an ancient pyramid by a diminutive and hairy assassin named Sanju: The Amputator.

The Old One

The Old One

I rarely dream, but this dream, felt like a memory and although not lucid, felt real. I'm hesitant to call it a nightmare but it's somehow more unnerving than watching your friends get eaten alive from a closet, being stalked in your own home or running from something.

Spoiler

In this dream, I return to the home I've known most of my life and my entire childhood, a large house on the Randalstown Church Road. Elevated so high above the road at an angle that it appeared level from the front but had three enormous steps at the back, from one corner of the back to the other, leading down to a large stone courtyard, if you sat down on the top step you might take in the view.

From the right hand corner of the back of the house to the left, the top step supported an old wooden door, with its frame connected to both the house itself and  a shed with grey brick foundation, mostly in fact with a tin roof, and large sliding door. The large shed on its left wall connected to a  picket fence a quarter or so the height of the shed, easily passable by a young adult stepping over it.

The fence curved as it formed a corner, then connected to a stone wall that returned to the height of the shed, or just roughly the height of it, perhaps slightly above or below, I don't remember. The wall itself at a certain point turned to a 90 degree angle, and then again identically, with the wall ending in a gate. All the aforementioned features formed the perimeter of the back of the house.

It was a farmhouse a long time ago, so it faced a country main road not far from the town itself but far enough that it felt a lifetime away from any civilisation. It was certainly far enough from everyone else's abode. At the front door, and front lawn a white picket fence sat as the perimeter of the entire front of the house apart from one feature, it ended up overgrown by a hedge generally concealing the elevation. The one feature that broke the hedge's perimeter was, say if you admired the front lawn from just outside the front door, on your right was a separation in the hedge itself, leading down just behind the gate mentioned previously and also behind the only entrance to the place, a cattle grid connecting the road and the backyard.

The front of the house only contained one noteworthy feature, where a tree, of the variation I don't remember reached up into the sky, nearer to the cattle grid than the house itself, but clearly visible through the upper left window, my old room.

Now, the restless dream begins:
I and my sibling, my brother returned to the house for whatever reason near enough to dusk that the sky began to turn blood red, we stood outside the house on the road.

Empty, quiet and alone, the threshold is crossed and suddenly we notice wild cats, wild cats not so wild in the feral sense, but in the free sense- nothing more than kittens running around.

We awkwardly cross the cattle grid, I'm much older now. I see the kittens, I recognize them from my childhood. Playing, as never before. As never. A dog runs at me from a new place, a newer more modern and more comfortable looking shed, built in front of the old fence. Cows don't inhabit the field beyond it anymore. The dog licks my face, he is a Yorkshire Terrier but larger, perhaps part Jack Russell. We enter the comfort of the new shed, my brother says that we have to wait here, I smile and play with the dog, as he deserves and always deserved. I remember that I don't remember enough, I remember him and his brother. I ask why we can't leave with him, my brother says he can not leave. Until Vivid cerise, if we left now with or without him the place is no longer worldly, and Luna spoke before the clouds unfurled  "It would not be good." So I stay and weep, until I fall asleep. Morning comes and the dogs and cats, gone, I hope the dog is happy now.
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

I was trying to save a family of squirrels and a bunny.

The squirrels ran away, and the bunny peed on me.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 07, 2019, 04:36:07 PM

Must've been a tempermental cousin.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 07, 2019, 04:51:12 PM

I was trying to avoid causing undue distress. Bunnies are cute but they can die from shock easier than any other animal. A loud fart can kill em. You can't even bathe them. The squirrels didn't care much. They just went and played with their acorns somewhere else. I got the weeds all cleared out though.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 07, 2019, 10:33:32 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 07, 2019, 04:51:12 PM

I was trying to avoid causing undue distress. Bunnies are cute but they can die from shock easier than any other animal. A loud fart can kill em. You can't even bathe them.

There are ways to bathe them safely if it's absolutely necessary. Some rabbits will take to it better than others.

And Super Bunny has a hot tub, because she's Super Bunny.

Loud farts? Not a problem. :P

Huggs

Huggs

Mt grandmother kept rabbits outside when I was a kid, and every time I had to so much as sneeze she made me run behind the garage so it wouldn't send them into shock. I thought she was overdoing it a bit until I got older and a guy I worked with who owns his own livestock business told me how fragile they were. I hate it because they're so cute and you just want to love all over them when you see em.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 07, 2019, 10:47:58 PM
Mt grandmother kept rabbits outside when I was a kid, and every time I had to so much as sneeze she made me run behind the garage so it wouldn't send them into shock. I thought she was overdoing it a bit until I got older and a guy I worked with who owns his own livestock business told me how fragile they were. I hate it because they're so cute and you just want to love all over them when you see em.

Some can be "lap rabbits," but sometimes the most they'll do is run around you in circles or lick you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed