Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,720 times)

DoomRulz

Influence is all we need. Give one or two nods to future events and that's good enough.

Original Predator

Fox will just make another AVP to quell all you fans.

You'll pay the dough for it. It's Fox's way of piping you down. Just like with Predators (weak). 

Congrats to Ridley for not succumbing to the non-necassary need of an Alien Prequel.  My bet is he realizes there is a much higher chance of screwing his Alien legacy over with some PG-13 prequel garabage. 

So he's gonna go with the "original" route (god forbid).

Well done Ridley and thanks for sparring us.

Now Fox owes us another AVP and or crappy sequel to Predators.

Bishop2

Quote from: Original Predator on Jan 21, 2011, 02:08:13 PM
Fox will just make another AVP to quell all you fans.

You'll pay the dough for it. It's Fox's way of piping you down. Just like with Predators (weak). 

Congrats to Ridley for not succumbing to the non-necassary need of an Alien Prequel.  My bet is he realizes there is a much higher chance of screwing his Alien legacy over with some PG-13 prequel garabage. 

Well done Ridley and thanks for sparring us.

Now Fox owes us another AVP and or crappy sequel to Predators.

Well, he was pushing hard for this movie to be R-rated. And Fox was pushing for PG-13. I'm guessing that this will indeed b rated R now that it's going to be a new, original movie, because Fox no longer has to worry as much about the somewhat small size of the Alien fanbase. But I could be wrong.

JediMasterGabe

Are we sure just because the name changed that it won't be an Alien movie? If not this really sucks. The Alien series needs to be redeemed after the crap that was Alien 3 & 4.

Bishop2

Quote from: JediMasterGabe on Jan 21, 2011, 04:49:33 PM
Are we sure just because the name changed that it won't be an Alien movie? If not this really sucks. The Alien series needs to be redeemed after the crap that was Alien 3 & 4.

Yes, the announcement makes it clear that this is no longer a prequel and is a whole new universe, but it says it sharp-eyed fans may notice the influence of Alien, or "some Alien DNA" in the movie. Either way it's no prequel.

locusta

I´m very, very happy that it´s not called "ALIEN : whatever"

Like the name and what stands behind it and have trust in Scott to make something which will be remembered (in a good way of course).

Only thing I hope for is, that his previous statement of a "gory and really nasty" film will come true.

Ash 937

Maybe Ridley just thought he would "play it safe" and go with an original story because he feels he may have lost the technique to create something on par with his original work or even Cameron's sequel for that matter.  He's already been regarded as a director who is way past his prime (his recent films can be used to make that argument) and he might not want more evidence around to prove it by making a prequel to Alien.  Making a film like that would generate a said-by-side critical comparison between his film making credibility then and now.  I think there would be a lot of stress in that for him.

Most fans of the franchise have ideas that are quite good about the origin of the xenomorph and space jockey.  If you look at the fan fiction or check out whats been written/published for the expanded universe, you'll see that a lot of is quite good and would make an entertaining, albeit complicated, prequel.  Perhaps Ridely is simply not up to this challenge.

dandan

so when scott says "Alien D N A" does that mean they could be a good chance that there could be some alien related stuff in this?

Kyuubi no Kaiju

Yeah, agreed, Robin Hood, to me, was trying too hard to be as groundbreaking as Gladiator.

redalert51

All they have to do, is place Alien before Prometheus, lets hope so..... 

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 21, 2011, 09:52:10 PM

Maybe Ridley just thought he would "play it safe" and go with an original story because he feels he may have lost the technique to create something on par with his original work or even Cameron's sequel for that matter.  He's already been regarded as a director who is way past his prime (his recent films can be used to make that argument) and he might not want more evidence around to prove it by making a prequel to Alien.  Making a film like that would generate a said-by-side critical comparison between his film making credibility then and now.  I think there would be a lot of stress in that for him.

Most fans of the franchise have ideas that are quite good about the origin of the xenomorph and space jockey.  If you look at the fan fiction or check out whats been written/published for the expanded universe, you'll see that a lot of is quite good and would make an entertaining, albeit complicated, prequel.  Perhaps Ridely is simply not up to this challenge.

He doesn't have to aim to make something better than Cameron's movie. His original film in Alien is already better anyway. I believe that Ridley made the right decision in making a separate film because he shouldn't strive to work on something that he already has made so good.

worriors

worriors

Quote from: dandan on Jan 21, 2011, 11:29:15 PM
so when scott says "Alien D N A" does that mean they could be a good chance that there could be some alien related stuff in this?

I think scott means that it will be shot in the same style as alien. Also it could mean that its a space monster movie, like alien was.

Katarn84

I'm quite happy since the info we got from the rumors were terrible.

dandan

Quote from: Katarn84 on Jan 22, 2011, 07:32:45 PM
I'm quite happy since the info we got from the rumors were terrible.

a prequel would have been awesome

locusta

Guys, I just dont get it? We know nothing by now and maybe it is even something bigger than a prequel. I have a good feeling about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed