Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 903,277 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Look what I dug up.  8) Love how wild this comic is! Just need the #1 Incentive Cover for the complete set.  Outstanding artwork!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Nice MC!  Megacon is coming up in August, remind me and I'll look for it.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Reminder set!  I appreciate it.  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Xerxes by Frank Miller

Well it's obvious now why Rise of an Empire was such a mess, because this was too. :laugh: Seriously, the f**k was with the third issue being a bizarre retelling of the Book of Esther? :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: EWThe three-issue Image Comics miniseries, written by Clarke (along with writer Marguerite Bennett, who she calls her "comic guru"), follows a single mom named Maya who discovers she possesses freakish superpowers, and uses them to take on a secret cabal of human traffickers.

Clarke describes the comic as a Deadpool-esque blend of "a lot of silliness" and tongue-in-cheek humor, combined with a very current feminist sensibility "explored in an extreme genre-bending atmosphere."

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1384845427091120134

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Just read issue 1 of James Stokoe's new series Orphan and the Five Beasts and Stokoe's work continues to impress! Kind of an anime/Kung fu flick vibe with all the crazy artistic detail you'd expect from Stokoe.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Crossed or The Crossed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossed_(comics)

Haven't read it but it's supposed to be quite brutal. People going ultra-violent in all kinds of ways.
Would make for some crazy tv series.

Prez

Prez

Not so much what I'm reading but rather we're doing some major renovations to our house which means I have had to pack up the study where I keep my rather large graphic novel collection. 6 large boxes later they're all packed to go into storage until early next year when all the renos are done.

Realised how many books I actually own that I haven't gotten round to reading.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 14, 2021, 04:40:46 AM
Crossed or The Crossed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossed_(comics)

Haven't read it but it's supposed to be quite brutal. People going ultra-violent in all kinds of ways.
Would make for some crazy tv series.

From what I've read the stuff after Ennis leaves is even more brutal... which is saying something. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Reading Hellblazer Vol. 24. Peter Milligan has done some, uh, questionable stuff, but it's not unreadable.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

How long before he comes back? A year?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

He just died last year in one of Marvel's "The End" one-shots. :D

Personally, I'd be all over killing off Strange and then keeping him that way for a while and telling some stories with him in some variation of the afterlife.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed