Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 954,193 times)

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Ok, time for second Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough.  First one I played on split screen with brother, and what great fun it was. Lack of time be damned, I'm gladly going to drown a other 100+ hours of my life for this. This game is absolutely fantastic. But this time I'm gonna play solo, to appreciate story more, cause in coop things could get chaotic at times and hard to focus on story details :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Haven't even played it and I cried so much.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Feb 08, 2024, 09:01:25 AMOk, time for second Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough.

Nice one! I haven't played anything since I had finished BG3.

What's your character? Mine was half-orc paladin.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Seriously?

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 09, 2024, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: jacobo1122 on Feb 08, 2024, 09:01:25 AMOk, time for second Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough.

Nice one! I haven't played anything since I had finished BG3.

What's your character? Mine was half-orc paladin.

First time I had half-elf druid, now I went for Origin character with Dark Urge warlock.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Tried Escape from Monkey Island for old times sake, but god damn the controls...

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 02, 2024, 12:37:05 AMSilent Hill: The Short Message

Finished this tonight. Aside from two of the chases being pains in the ass, and some on the nose moments with the story, it's a pretty great.
I liked it but the final chase was a ball ache.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Playing 'Helldivers II' to take a break from Warzone solos, and have became 99% more patriotic to Super Earth for doing so. 🤣

"DEMOCRACY!!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 12, 2024, 03:02:04 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 02, 2024, 12:37:05 AMSilent Hill: The Short Message

Finished this tonight. Aside from two of the chases being pains in the ass, and some on the nose moments with the story, it's a pretty great.
I liked it but the final chase was a ball ache.

Oh it took me so many times to finally get it down.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Still nothing good since Shattered Memories or the original three imo tbh

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 14, 2024, 12:05:02 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHnbq-TrS6c
Still nothing good since Shattered Memories or the original three imo tbh

I'm going to be honest, I really enjoyed 'The Short Message' for what it is. Sure, it's no 'Silent Hill 2' (I mean, what is? That game is still probably up there as contender for my personal 'best video game ever'), but I loved the visuals, Ito's monster design was on point, Yamaoka's soundtrack (particularly the end credit theme) was the first time I've found myself listening to the tracks on repeat since the Team Silent era, and it took enough nods from P.T. to satisfy me (albeit nowhere near in the same league). A criticism for me would be the voice acting; they should have given us original language options with subtitles to remedy this (but then it also harkened back to the PS2 era of voice acting; I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it still aided the SH vibe for me). I'll be more than happy to play through it again.

For me, I feel only Japanese devs seem to be able to make Silent Hill games;

Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill 4: The Room, P.T., and Silent Hill: The Short Message' are all "true" Silent Hill in my eyes (and of all the upcoming projects, 'Silent Hill f' is the one that has my attention the most) 😊

The western games, Silent Hill: Origins, Silent Hill Homecoming, Silent Hill Shattered Memories are all carried by Yamaoka's soundtracks (with Downpour not even having that and feeling even more sub-par generic survival horror). I can enjoy them, in the same way I can enjoy watching 'The Grudge' 1-4 whilst happily never considering them 'Ju-on', or watch Legendary Picture's Godzilla whilst knowing it'll never be Toho, if that makes sense? Shattered Memories aside, they feel like they belong in the Silent Hill movie universe.

It'll be interesting to see how Bloober's Silent Hill 2 remake turns out (I'm optimistic!) - I really enjoyed Bloober's 'The Medium' and 'Blair Witch' but acknowledge they aren't exactly the best in the writing department. However, with SH2, there is heavy Japanese input (story already written, Ito using his original intended monster designs, Yamaoka's iconic soundtrack) - all they have to get right is the visuals and gameplay, something (I feel) they are good at.

On a side note, I also feel 'The Short Message' ties to Silent Hill f in the same way P.T. would have to 'Silent Hills'; the whole backstory of the protagonists grandmother 'The Witch' who travelled from Japan to Germany? I'm guessing that may well be the protagonist of SHf, since it looks set in 1960s Japan (also the shared themes of Sakura in the monster designs to flowers in SHf) - I'd like to see it all come together. 😁

Wweyland

Wweyland

Not really enjoying the Robocop "glitching" levels.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Have to agree to disagree 161, I loathe The Medium, and felt that The Short Message made very similar mistakes in terms of mental health as subject matter. In spite of the good stuff, the story, that matters most to me and it is why I easily rate Shattered Memories above 4.

Good modern Silent Hills do exist, they just happen to be called Night in the Woods and The Missing.

Observer's the only good thing Bloober Team's created, and not full of plagiarised assets.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 15, 2024, 08:40:30 AMHave to agree to disagree 161, I loathe The Medium, and felt that The Short Message made very similar mistakes in terms of mental health as subject matter. In spite of the good stuff, the story, that matters most to me and it is why I easily rate Shattered Memories above 4.

Fair! (I suppose it'd be a boring world if we all had the same likes/dislikes) 😊 Yeah, mental health could have been handled better (I feel the only game that tackled the subject well/ got it right was 'Hellblade' - another of my faves)

QuoteGood modern Silent Hills do exist, they just happen to be called Night in the Woods and The Missing.
I haven't played those, but always love a good recommendation - I'll be sure to look into those! 😃

QuoteObserver's the only good thing Bloober Team's created, and not full of plagiarised assets.

It's one of the next in my library I'm looking forward to playing but haven't gotten around to yet! 😃

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Helldivers 2

Only played a few rounds so far, but had a blast with them. This is hitting the spot for me in a way that I don't think Aliens: Fireteam Elite or Starship Troopers: Extermination would.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed