Marvel's Predator Volume 3 - Predator: The Last Hunt

Started by Chieftain Suom, Nov 17, 2023, 01:31:48 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator Volume 3 - Predator: The Last Hunt (Read 6,935 times)

Corporal Hicks

I really enjoyed this one too. Nice to see them have such a huge gap of non-activity for them. I enjoyed the little tiff between the two, and Theta's solid reasoning for that special gift. Seems like she's going to have an uphill battle in this one too.

Wweyland

How would you compare the Hunters series to the Marvel one in terms of quality?

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I appreciate the slow burn for the first issue, helps establish the tone of this story arc and seeing what Theta and Pablo are up to. Also welcome to see a Predator hunt more alien races and seeing that there is other life out there. Not too keen the current set up on Theta and her Predator hunts...

Spoiler
Why would they avoid her? She would be a magnet for better hunters to track her down and hunt, but instead they leave heads of other kills on pikes using her method of mocking Predators with the Predator kills she made, taunting her back and run away? I don't like this characterization one bit. It would make more sense if the toll on her body and mental health currently was due to MORE dangerous clans of Predators trying her on for being such a proficient Predator Killer. Kind of like the toll of Batman fighting criminals in Gotham everyday makes him more cynical but still loyal to the people of Gotham.
[close]

HOWEVER I am curious about that ending...

Spoiler
John Schafer is indeed back and apparently with 50 people behind him? Thats a lot of characters right there, a small but welcome army to fight alongside them. Thing is that the ending tagline hints that there will be headbutting between John and Theta. Wonder what's up with that. Hope they don't turn him into a villian.

I do hope that we can see Dutch Schafer come in and have great brotherly reunion. He did say the cells in his body stopped aging so at least we are talking about a huge extension on his lifespan. Would suck terribly if John does kick the bucket and John never finds out what happened to Dutch.
[close]

Overall, the first issue is flawed but still enough for me to continue on reading. Think the first spoiler is the only major flaw that is doing it for me.

EDIT: Giving much thought to this days later and I realize it's even worse with the comparison of Predator vs Wolverine. This particular Predator (lets just call him Copperhead for now) kept coming back for a man that had claws that can grow from his hands and with a fast regeneration factor. Copperhead soon found out his nemesis had gotten a indestructible skeletal metal alloy upgrade AND STILL KEPT GOING AFTER WOLVERINE. Even still fought Wolverine to the death knowing full well he can't take him out. 

Spoiler
Why are the Predators here displaying less valor and gusto for a normal human with power armor to the point of avoiding her? This just unintentionally makes Theta a mary sue and just makes her case of having unearned valor of a certified Predator Hunter even stronger. 
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I enjoyed the second issue! Story is ramping up nicely, even if a little predictably thanks to the solicitations. Loved the idea of John just munching on
Spoiler
dead River Ghost  :laugh:
[close]

Mr.Turok

Just finished the second issue. It revealed some things that I've been wondering for a while now and it's gotten me hooked:

Spoiler
Confirmed that Awja is not only fine but is working for a still existing OWLF. Leaves open to interpretation that perhaps OWLF didn't fail as Keyes thought it did. Maybe even went back to it and turned things around, seeing how he was losing faith in OWLF in the last recording in PHG.

Last John was active was in a Thai jungle before the kidnapping. Wonder what was that mission was about.
THEORY: Dutch did had a fight with Cleopatra in Laos I believe so perhaps John was tracking her trail and got kidnapped.

John is still looking for Dutch, thinking that he might have been kidnapped like the others.
[close]

Couldn't help but grin at that one panel with Theta, John, Paolo, and a huge ass crew behind her on a new mission all together. Kind of nice to see she gots some great help after being solo, than a duo for so long. I'm still not all that ok with how the last issue portrayed the Predators animosity towards Theta, but I hope the next issues make up for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed