Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 160,448 times)

Alienseseses

What I meant was, it's an interesting idea, but where's it stemming from?

Speedy_J

Speedy_J

Quote from: Alienseseses on Nov 27, 2011, 03:18:33 AM
Quote from: Speedy_J on Nov 27, 2011, 03:16:59 AM
Why do I have a feeling that the final 8 minutes that ties to Alien has to deal with the Derelict taking off to Earth and one of the humans stays back/inside to kill the Space Jockey before it takes off to orbit?
I don't know. Do you have that feeling?

Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong. But I'm getting a strong feeling that the Prometheus space crew had something to do with the Derelict's crash.

m138jewski

m138jewski

wonder why the view counter on youtube isn't updating. It's stuck at 302

The Necronoir

Prequelitis?

Anyone notice the similarity between this and the last third of the trailer for The Thing?

In a place where there is nothing, they found something

They went looking for earth's beginning: what they found could be its end

• Both set to remixed versions of an iconic audio cue from the original.
  • Both explore the origins of a mysterious spacecraft from the original.

Alienseseses

And then you can say they're exact opposites.

The Thing prequel, by first time director: Called "The Thing" for name recognition to save box office from bad word of mouth
Alien prequel from director of original: Called "Prometheus" more likely than not due to serious confidence in story

supperdup

supperdup

Quote from: m138jewski on Nov 27, 2011, 03:42:20 AM
wonder why the view counter on youtube isn't updating. It's stuck at 302

Youtube is like that. Updating doesn't happen in real time. More like at least once a day and so on.

m138jewski

m138jewski

and also, the Thing prequel was awful

duckman5150

duckman5150

Wow. That's all I can say. What a gnarly trailer!  I am so psyched up for this film. From the trailer, I can see very little that would lead me to believe that this film will be PG 13. I think that's all BS. Fox knows that even a solid R will generate millions as long as it is a solid movie.  Ridley has always been a visionary so I believe regardless of the rating he will deliver something fantastic. It would surprise me though if he does go for a PG 13. Given his panache for the shocking, I am skeptical that this film will be anything other than R. I love everything I've seen so far. As far as the new look for the space suits, I'm okay with it. Granted the PS touch-ups are bad but I think they'll look great on screen after post. I aree with the whole scientists vs. blue collar working stiffs argument as to why the crew of the Nostromo had older looking stuff. Different ship, different purpose and different type of funding.

I remember seeing the original back in '78 when I was 9 years old. It forever addicted me to the SF genre. Like a junkie, I keep looking for that same rush of something so completely different that it inspires a whole new style of story telling. I feel totally confident that Scott will pull it off.  I really don't even care how much it ties into the original as long as the story is solid. Man, talk about a fantasy coming true. After all these years, Ridley Scott directing new Science Fiction in the Alien Universe. So unbelievably cool.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Alienseseses on Nov 27, 2011, 03:55:23 AM
And then you can say they're exact opposites.

The Thing prequel, by first time director: Called "The Thing" for name recognition to save box office from bad word of mouth
Alien prequel from director of original: Called "Prometheus" more likely than not due to serious confidence in story

Hopefully these movies are as far removed from each other as possible because 'The Thing' prequel is total and utter shit !!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Has it been stated when we will see a HD trailer soon?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 27, 2011, 04:41:49 AM
Has it been stated when we will see a HD trailer soon?

No official word yet. We are all guessing December though.

Icarus II

Icarus II

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 27, 2011, 03:17:59 AM
I've been staying away from this forum because of spoilers but after watching that trailer, I'm assuming the Jockey is the bad guy here?

Well most people assume that the original Alien is the bad guy too, but remember the Alien never would have caused any harm to the crew of the Nostromo if they hadn't invaded it's home upon the derelict ship.  It's possible and very probable that the humans in Prometheus invade the Jockey's world and attempt to do various experiments without regard to their (way of) life.  Therefore the humans would be the bad guy and any harm that comes to them is in direct response to their invasion of the Jockey's home world. Just sayin

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 27, 2011, 01:42:30 AM
This is from 2010, before it became the "non-Alien" Prometheus movie. Of course, fooling us didn't last long  ;)

Doesn't matter. The quotes should have over-ridden other rumours. There are several points where the director states without ambiguity that it's a very direct prequel.

Quote from: Speedy_J on Nov 27, 2011, 03:28:55 AM
Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong. But I'm getting a strong feeling that the Prometheus space crew had something to do with the Derelict's crash.

We still don't know if it crashes. We still don't even know if it was something capable of flight.

Quote from: Icarus II on Nov 27, 2011, 05:36:13 AM
Well most people assume that the original Alien is the bad guy too, but remember the Alien never would have caused any harm to the crew of the Nostromo if they hadn't invaded it's home upon the derelict ship.  It's possible and very probable that the humans in Prometheus invade the Jockey's world and attempt to do various experiments without regard to their (way of) life.  Therefore the humans would be the bad guy and any harm that comes to them is in direct response to their invasion of the Jockey's home world. Just sayin

There's a difference between 'exploring' and 'invading'.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Here Ridley.

That's all I can get my hands on right now. Take it. The top few may still be damp, but after ten minutes or so I stopped crying and pulled it together..

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 27, 2011, 06:39:02 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 27, 2011, 01:42:30 AM
This is from 2010, before it became the "non-Alien" Prometheus movie. Of course, fooling us didn't last long  ;)

Doesn't matter. The quotes should have over-ridden other rumours. There are several points where the director states without ambiguity that it's a very direct prequel.

Ridley Scott later said it wasn't a prequel, that it had evolved into something original.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed