AVP 2 not doing anything

Started by Private Hudson, Jul 03, 2009, 04:57:56 AM

Author
AVP 2 not doing anything (Read 7,647 times)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Alright, I'll try it. No need to worry about Primal Hunt, right?

Xhan

Xhan

Nope. Has its own libraries and pointers, and is no compatible por nada.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I uninstalled with CC but I don't know how to use the Cleaner menu to just get rid of AVP 2 stuff.

Xhan

Xhan

Use the registry tool: it's the Blue Boxes Button right below the Cleaner Button (broom)

Make sure all the checks boxes are checked, run the tool, decide whether you eant a back up file or not, then get rid of ALL entries related to avp2, reinstall in said order.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Do I click Scan for issues, then Fix selected issues, because some of it mentions my other games which run fine from a quick look of the problems it listed.

Xhan

Xhan

Uncheck anything you don't want to mess with.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

It didn't have anything about AVP 2 when I checked over the list, and I don't want to mess with anything else. Am I good to install it now and try SP again?

Xhan

Xhan

yup. If you still have multiple repeated entries in the rez.text it's gonna crash every time, however.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Damn, I reinstalled, installed all the patches and updates plus the Savior patch, and it still won't let me play SP, it just goes back to the main menu as usual.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

do you have norton security?? i was having the kick to the menu problem and all you have to do is go to norton settings and turn of auto-protect and the other security ones and it will work fine, just remember to turn them on when your done... hope that helps ;)

it was an anoying problem when you dont have a clue how to fix it, i tried all things... uninstalling, different patchs, compatibility modes, drivers.... and all it was was a simple click on norton....lol :'(

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

No, I have McAfee, but I'll try doing that.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

try it, for some reaseon avp2 doesnt like security software on vista... it works every time for me, just make sure you turn everything off.

Zaik

Zaik

The same thing has happened to me. I haven't done what you guys have advised but I'd like confirmation on if it actually worked. Otherwise, I'm just wasting my time. Also, I don't have my anti-virus up and it still won't work.

Brother

Brother

It works, try it, you have nothing to lose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed