First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 105,612 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Dead Lord, Ridley just fired one of the script writers.  :-[

Actually, that was a pretty decent explosion. Plus one for practical explosions. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just about to update the post with closer photos of the sequence.  :)

And some more -

https://t.co/pxQIJkM2HG

TheBATMAN

Is it truly wise to put stuff like this up on the front page? It's all well and good saying 'spoiler alert' but it's hard to avoid when it's right there on the main page with 'explosion seen on set of Alien Covenant.' I know explosions of spaceships etc will be expected in the movie but still I'm sure there are plenty out there that would like to go in totally blind. Just my two cents.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I understand your concerns but it's news, interesting news, and our duty to report it. There's very few ways for me to report it without it being somewhat spoilery.

I hope that doesn't come off as sounding dick-ish.

HuDaFuK

It's not exactly a huge spoiler anyway. All the Alien films have had explosions. It's not like it gives away any plot points other than something will go boom at some point.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Just like HuDaFuK said, the Alien movies are notable for having explosion sequences, the list goes as follows

The Nostromo self detonates at the end of Alien,

Hadley's Hope has a nuclear meltdown at the end of Aliens,

When the Alien explodes at the end of Alien 3"not sure if that exactly counts"

When the Auriga crashes into earth at the end of Alien Resurrection.

AVP if we count cross overs, when Scar Predator's wrist bomb blows up the pyramid and under ground ice cavern.

Two instances in AVP R where wolf detonates the remains of the crashed Predator scouter ship, and the nuclear explosion destroying all of Gunnison county after the Xenomorph infestation.

And lastly Prometheus when the said ship crashes into the Engineer's Juggernaut to prevent it form reaching earth.

So we'd come to expect an explosions at this point. Michaels Bay's probably joygasming over this.  :P

TheBATMAN

No, I get it, but I think you should certainly consider some way to try and camouflage it. I get people want spoilers and they should be confined to a dedicated thread. But others will want a fresh experience seeing the movie but now by simply logging on the website they will be spoiled. Now we already seemingly know the titular ship of the movie, or part of it, is going to be destroyed. What's gonna be next? The first reveal of the new creatures? Actor stunt doubles being sliced and diced? At this rate, people are gonna have a majority of the mysteries of the movie spoiled for them simply by logging on - and many log on for plenty of other things other than Covenant. I know ship explosions are part and parcel of the franchise, that's not the point. But inevitably other and bigger things will be revealed soon.

I appreciate your duty is to report these things and provide the info, but at the same time you should have a duty to protect those that want to remain spoiler free. Having it slap-bang on the main page with descriptions of what is happening makes it next to impossible to avoid, that's all I'm saying.

I don't mean to sound like a dick either, I just feel it's something you should consider moving forward as more about the movie is inevitably revealed.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 11, 2016, 10:09:54 AMWhen the Alien explodes at the end of Alien 3"not sure if that exactly counts"

There's the lengthy quinitricetyline explosion sequence in the middle of the film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 11, 2016, 10:17:26 AM
I don't mean to sound like a dick either, I just feel it's something you should consider moving forward as more about the movie is inevitably revealed.

I always consider it, my friend. I guarantee you that. There was just very little to camouflage this around.

I could change the featured images backs to their old ones, without the explosions but I don't feel like it would save much considering all there is to the news is "there was an explosion".

SiL

I don't think "There's an explosion" is any more a spoiler than "There's a spaceship." We don't even know if that is the main ship, do we? Or if the scene will even end up in the film. This tells us nothing.

Corporal Hicks

We don't know if this is the Covenant or some other dropship, no.

whiterabbit

lol if that was the rescue ship near the end of the movie...

Whiskeybrewer

Now thats an explosion.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 11, 2016, 11:27:56 AM
lol if that was the rescue ship near the end of the movie...

I really hope not. lol

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 11, 2016, 08:47:34 AM
Dead Lord, Ridley just fired one of the script writers.  :-[

Oh god, makes me think were are gonna get a Prometheous/Engineers thing again, that worries me

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed