Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 492,484 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, Series 6. That was a good one. I've really like all of Moffat's Series so far, actually.

Tell me, Eva, do you have a favourite episode? Doctor? Companion?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 26, 2012, 02:09:58 PM
Boardwalk Empire: "The Emerald City," "Paris Green," "A Return to Normalcy"

Finally, finally, finally finished up the first season. God, don't know how long it's been since I started it. 7 or 8 months, probably. Definitely not gonna let Season 2 take this long.

This last few episodes, I grew to absolutely love Eli. May be my favourite character now. And it was great to see Capone mature.

Also,
Spoiler
Van Alden is completely insane. Good god, what he did to Sebso.
[close]

Glad you're enjoying it. Just wait till you see the finale for Season Two.

This last few episodes, I grew to absolutely love Eli. May be my favourite character now. And it was great to see Capone mature.

I guess that Boardwalk Empire compare was spot on. :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 26, 2012, 02:12:46 PM
Glad you're enjoying it. Just wait till you see the finale for Season Two.

I've heard great things about it. Thankfully, no spoilers.

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 26, 2012, 02:12:46 PM

I guess that Boardwalk Empire compare was spot on. :laugh:

Seems that way. :laugh:

It was just great to finally see Eli get some inner strength and stand up to Nucky.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 26, 2012, 02:12:34 PM
Ah, Series 6. That was a good one. I've really like all of Moffat's Series so far, actually.

Tell me, Eva, do you have a favourite episode? Doctor? Companion?

Yep, getting Moffat to write episodes for the show turned out to be a huge plus  :)

I've seen very little of the pre-Eccleston episodes - I only remember Tom Baker and Paul McGann moments when I think really hard.

For Tennants run, I really liked episodes like The Stolen Earth/Journeys End and The Girl In The Fireplace. For Matt Smith, his introduction episode The Eleventh Hour might be my favorite of S5 and I really liked the intro episodes of S6 as well. I'm re-watching the S6 episodes right now because I don't remember them that well.

About favorite doctors - I was still on the Tennant wagon if you asked me when Smith started out, but I've really warmed up to Smith's take on the character and the fact that he has some good, well written episodes to showcase. He's completely made the character his own.

Karen Gillian FTW  :D

What are your favorites?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Eva on Sep 26, 2012, 02:25:25 PM
What are your favorites?

Well, favourite episode would have to be "The Impossible Planet"/"The Satan Pit." It was just so fantastic in every way. It's like the Doctor stumbled into a Cthulhu story. I saw things in the character then that I hadn't before, and haven't since. Unease, fear, terror, and a complete lack of knowledge about what he's facing. It was the first time I'd ever seen him without any kind of control, and I really don't think he's been in a state like that since. It certainly helped that I was reading Lovecraft for the first time when I saw this episode.

Favourite Doctor? I'd have to say Smith (though, like you, I haven't seen much of the old series). Don't get me wrong, I loved Eccleston and Tennant, but Smith just suits me more. I started watching the show with Series 5, so he was my Doctor, and I think he'll always be my Doctor.

Favourite companion is hands-down, no question, Captain Jack. Yes, I've loved (almost) all of the others, but he was the best. Handsome, charming, violent, and just all-around badass. He's pretty much the Doctor, if the Doctor carried a gun and tried to seduce any humanoid within sight. I really hope he's brought back for the 50th Anniversary.

Eva

Eva

Gonna give that double episode a re-watch. The synopsis sounds great. I hardly remember it, but I just might have missed a couple of episodes during Ecclestons & Tennants run.

If there's one thing Smith has going for him, it's the humor. His doctor is such a geek, so confident in himself and at the same time, so clueless about very mundane stuff, especially concerning Amy and Rory. Sometimes it's downright hilarious to watch. I'll mention Alex Kingston as River Song as well - her character seems a bit more developed in the Smith episodes than in the Tennant episodes - again, good writers is everything for a tv-series.  :)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Just wondering... why isn't this thread stickied like the Last Movie You Watched one?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Hell on Wheels

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Eva on Sep 26, 2012, 03:02:11 PM
I'll mention Alex Kingston as River Song as well - her character seems a bit more developed in the Smith episodes than in the Tennant episodes - again, good writers is everything for a tv-series.  :)

Yes, River's great. I had watched all of the Smith stuff before I saw her introduction with Tennant, which really added another level to it all. It was like I was seeing it from her perspective, as opposed to the Doctor's. Was really bittersweet.

First Blood

First Blood

Supernatural Season Six

"Clap Your Hands If You Believe..."

This was a great episode. I loved how they ripped on The X-Files, and it stared as one thing but turned into something completely different.

Homeland Season One

"Pilot"
"Grace"

This was fantastic. Just about loved the first two episodes of this. Damien Lewis plays a POW returning home from Iraq, and he may or may not be a terrorist/sleeper agent for Al Qaeda. Some great acting from Lewis, who gives a performance that's very hard to penetrate; and enigmatic. I can't wait to knock off the rest of Season One.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 27, 2012, 09:18:42 PMHomeland Season One

I have only watched the first episode myself, but I remember Morena Baccarin giving a standout, ahem... performance in that. ;D

I just watched the first episode of Supernatural - Season 3 (The Magnificent Seven) myself. While the idea of the Seven Deadly Sins was interesting, I didn't really care for Isaac or Tamara, the hunters Bobby, Dean and Sam teamed up with. I found them to be quite annoying to be honest.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 27, 2012, 09:52:48 PM
I have only watched the first episode myself, but I remember Morena Baccarin giving a standout, ahem... performance in that. ;D

*bites lip* Oh gawd yes.

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 27, 2012, 09:52:48 PM
I just watched the first episode of Supernatural - Season 3 (The Magnificent Seven) myself. While the idea of the Seven Deadly Sins was interesting, I didn't really care for Isaac or Tamara, the hunters Bobby, Dean and Sam teamed up with. I found them to be quite annoying to be honest.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about Season Three to be honest. I guess much like Dexter's third season, it's the weak link. The comedy was certainly more evident.

Are you going to get Season Four on Blu-ray? ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 27, 2012, 09:58:59 PMYeah, not sure how I feel about Season Three to be honest. I guess much like Dexter's third season, it's the weak link. The comedy was certainly more evident.

I don't really mind Season 3 as a whole, nor did I with Dexter. Which brings to mind, did you ever get around to watch Season 6 of Dexter? Because that's unfortunately the weakest one so far, in my opinion. :-\

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 27, 2012, 09:58:59 PMAre you going to get Season Four on Blu-ray? ;D

I'll see what the economy allows next month. Season 3 I got pretty cheap, only around $19.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 27, 2012, 10:02:31 PM
I don't really mind Season 3 as a whole, nor did I with Dexter. Which brings to mind, did you ever get around to watch Season 6 of Dexter? Because that's unfortunately the weakest one so far, in my opinion. :-\

I haven't yet. :-\

I'll see what the economy allows next month. Season 3 I got pretty cheap, only around $19.

Nice! I have to say, Castiel's intro looks great in HD. 8)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 27, 2012, 09:58:59 PMYeah, not sure how I feel about Season Three to be honest. I guess much like Dexter's third season, it's the weak link. The comedy was certainly more evident.

I agree with this. I actually really liked Season 3 of Dexter, great villain, great character development, and lots of awesome dark comedy. I felt like a fair amount of Season 5 and Season 6 have been weak links, but I have faith in Season 7 to bring it back to the quality quota set by the first four seasons.

Still worth watching, seeing as Dexter, from magnificent to bad, manages to alway maintain it's charm. And Deb. Deb is consistently awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed