Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 488,490 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 20, 2018, 10:56:19 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 20, 2018, 11:15:28 AM
Code 37: Sex Crimes Episode 1
Essentially a low rate Belgian Law and Order SVU type show. Meh

Most Belgian tv shows are low rate versions of other shows  ;)

Lol true, but this was at the bottom of the pile for me. Some have been really good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not normally overly fussed by music documentaries, but this one's excellent. Gives a good oversight of their entire career. Some really emotional moments towards the end, as you'd expect. One particular highlight was old man Brian May going back to UCL where it all started!

I was watching on the Blu-ray, and for the first time I dipped into the special features afterwards - there are some outtakes from the documentary focusing on stuff that got trimmed for time, and I have to say some of it was really worth a look. In particular they fleshed out a few of the 80s albums that were otherwise only briefly touched upon.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2018, 01:26:43 PM
http://img.bbystatic.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/4706/4706235_sa.jpg

Not normally overly fussed by music documentaries, but this one's excellent.

You seen The Wrecking Crew?
It's about a band of studio musicians who worked on tons of hits from the 60's and 70's.
Probably my favorite music documentary.

The Oasis Supersonic one is pretty good too.
But it's incomplete when it comes to the full history of the band, like the recordings of their later albums.
There are a couple of good ones on The Beach Boys, but I'm biased because I'm a fan.
Gimme Shelter about the Rolling Stones and the incident with the Hell's Angels is another good one.
I could go on  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 22, 2018, 04:31:18 AMYou seen The Wrecking Crew?
It's about a band of studio musicians who worked on tons of hits from the 60's and 70's.
Probably my favorite music documentary.

Nope. Like I say, I'm not really big on music documentaries. I've only ever seen a few, most of which have come packaged with box sets I've bought.

And like you with the Beach Boys, I'm probably biased about this one because Queen are my favourite band of all time :)

Baron Von Marlon

Alone Together
Finished season 1. I quite like it.
It's not great but there's something to it.

El Chapo
Finished season 3 (final season I guess).
So it starts out great but seems to linger on a little towards the end.
Still good in general.

Get Shorty
Pretty good. Don't remember anything from the movie so I can't compare. And I read that was based on a book.

Disenchantment
One episode left. Good/pretty good.
Imagine a dungeons and dragons version of The Simpsons and Futurama.

Huggs

Huggs

Finished binge watching season 3 of Hannibal. Not as good as 1 or 2, but it handled Red Dragon very well. What a fantastic show this was. Hope they bring it back someday, entertainment of this quality is extremely rare.

Russ

Russ

Just did "The Last Kingdom" seasons one and two. Was consistently awesome, even if Uthred is really, really, really ridiculously good looking. Like too good-looking for the role.

But the actor does a great performance, the series doesn't stint on the blood and violence... top work, great adaptation.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 23, 2018, 03:12:27 AM
Finished binge watching season 3 of Hannibal. Not as good as 1 or 2, but it handled Red Dragon very well. What a fantastic show this was. Hope they bring it back someday, entertainment of this quality is extremely rare.

Anything that brings Siouxie Sioux out of retirement is gold in my book.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Law and Order True Crimes - The Menendez Murders Episodes 1

Criminal Minds Season 9 Episode 24

Instinct Episode 1
Not what i was expecting for the most part. Just feels like a Castle replacement. A sequence near the end is more of what i thought the show would be, but hey Its Alan Cummings and Whoopi Goldberg. Ill give it time.

Arrow Season 1 Episode 1
Final getting to start this lol

Baron Von Marlon

Fariña (Cocaine Coast)
About a young fisherman in a seaside town who became a big cocaine smuggler, set in the 80's.
Really good and addictive.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Shades of Blue Season 2 Episode 13

Shades of Blue Season 3 Episodes 1 and 2

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bodyguard Episodes 1 and 2
Damn this series is tense. Madden is a lot better here than when he was Rob Stark

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Preacher S3E10

That finale was epic. It was a great season overall, really learned from the issues with season two.

Baron Von Marlon

Fariña (Cocaine Coast)
This was quite great. I recommend it.

Wrecked, season 3, episode 1
Nice start of the new season. Looking forward to the rest.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 27, 2018, 09:27:11 PM
Preacher S3E10

That finale was epic. It was a great season overall, really learned from the issues with season two.

Good to hear. I'm starting season 3 tonight.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 27, 2018, 11:49:54 PM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 27, 2018, 09:27:11 PM
Preacher S3E10

Good to hear. I'm starting season 3 tonight.

Certain plot points are a tad rushed, but overall it builds pretty well until things get goddamn insane in the last few episodes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed