Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,635 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Northman

The most mainstream of his work do far, but that's still not nearly as accessible as anything else in cinemas right now, divine filmmaking.

Stitch

Stitch

Choose or Die
Netflix horror. Vaguely OK. Kinda like what if Ready Player One was a horror story. Nothing special, but passes the time OK.

I'm currently watching It: Chapter Two. It's nowhere near as engaging as the first, hence why I'm typing this as I'm watching. I don't completely remember the book, so can't say to the accuracy, but from a film viewer's perspective, it's badly paced, has unnecessary humour which undercuts any scares, and a lot of the creature design is funny rather than horrific. It's also realllllllllllllllllly long.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 27, 2022, 07:37:53 PM
Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Mar 27, 2022, 06:32:48 PM
Aliens: Special Edition (1986)

Good man

Thanks I suppose, I am just watching movies passively, all credits to the people in the ... credits of Aliens Special Edition :P  :P  :laugh:  ;D  8)

I honestly do enjoy posting my watched films here and checking out everything that everyone else has watched, even just a skim-over a few times, see if I recognize anything (lots that I've never heard of)

Predator (1987)

Darkness

Darkness

I watched Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane last night.

Still absolutely brilliant. John Goodman was just outstanding.

I never did see that recent Netflix Cloverfield movie. I heard it wasn't very good.

SiL

SiL

It's terrible and not really worth watching.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Passion of the Christ

Jesus: Inventor of the Dinner Table :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sonic the Hedgehog

Captain Marvel

Kradan

Kradan

The Batman

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 18, 2022, 07:46:35 PM
The Batman
Opinion?

Polaroid on Netflix.

Cursed camera horror. Vaguely similar to Ring. Not bad.

Much better than Poltergeist Activity, which is also on Netflix. Tedious. Badly filmed. Turned off after 20 minutes....

Kradan

Kradan

Long story short, it was good. Not perfect but good. I definitely enjoyed how that movie feels

Probably will post my more elaborated thoughts later

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 18, 2022, 09:23:12 PM
Polaroid on Netflix.

Cursed camera horror. Vaguely similar to Ring. Not bad.

The sound of the evil spirit was creepy.

Kradan

Kradan

Kung Fu Hustle

f**k you, Star Wars, this is Good vs. Evil fight I wanna see !

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 19, 2022, 04:30:51 PM
f**k you, Star Wars, this is Good vs. Evil fight I wanna see !

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 18, 2022, 07:46:35 PM
The Batman

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 18, 2022, 09:39:54 PM
Probably will post my more elaborated thoughts later

Some of my elaborated (not too organised) thoughts

Spoiler

- Intro was pretty cool, although I feel like I've seen the best part in the trailer

- I liked how Bat-suit looks, especially mask which screamed "home-made" to me. I liked in general how low-tech this Batman was in comparision to others. Seeing Batman's geting dirty was great

- Pattinson was good in the role. I liked how his Batman didn't quite have the experience which is IMO best examplified in the scene when he escapes from GCPD only to hit his head on the bridge. As far as cinematic Batmans go, my ranking would be this: Bale > Affleck > Pattinson > Keaton.

- Riddler was good but not amazing. I couldn't escape thinking about Heath Ledger while watching him especially with whole broadcast hijacking, weird articulation, kidnapping and terrorist attacks. He felt like TDK Joker with Bane's voice. Made me laugh couple of times, actor seemed to enjoy playing the role. I don't get his design though. I'm completely noob when it comes to comics but isn't Riddler supposed to be stylish, wearing green suit, with a hat and a cane ? Is there a similiar design from the comics ? And what his mask was supposed to be made out of?

- Penguin was kinda underutilised but I honestly liked that they didn't try to make him into another "villain" of the movie. He was just a character who existed in this world and I was pleased with it. Bat-mobile chase was neat but I miss how heavy and imposing Tumbler from Nolan movies was

-Zoe Kravitz didn't really impress me as Catwoman. In terms of looks she is probably the closest to Year One Catwoman but that's about it. My heart still belongs to sassy Anne Hathaway

- I feel like Alfred existed in the movie only for that exposition dump in the hospital scene. As far as usefulness goes he was on the same level as Alfred from the 90s movies while Michael Caine and Jeremy Irons got a lot more to do in their respective movies IMO. Also, when that bomb went off, I was like "Oh shit, are they gonna kill Alfred in the first movie !?" But of course they didn't. And who was that old lady supposed to be ? Is she somebody from the comics ?

- A lot of this movie felt like "I've seen this somewhere before". For example, I liked how they made Waynes' past more shaddy than usual and how that made Bruce question the importance of his whole crusade against crime but I feel like I've seen this and the whole "poor vs. rich" riots in 2019 Joker movie. As I've said earlier, Riddler felt very much like TDK Joker knock-off. Also, a lot of this movie reminded me of Batman Begins but I can't quite put finger on what exactly. Idk, maybe because of how shitty and rainy this version of Gotham is ?

- Movie really tries to cram A LOT into it's runtime. Some plotlines get forgotten for the other ones to be picked up, some of them get kinda abandoned. Runtime didn't bother me, movie held my interest till the end but I wish some of its elements were fleshed out more

-Interogation scene in Arkham felt like a nice climax for the movie. Oh well, Batman gotta go kick some goons in Riddler costumes. Kinda took from the weight of the final fight that they were just faceless strangers. And whole flood thing came outta nowhere, didn't it ? Nice visuals though, I liked how Batman jumps from the smoke and is all like "Bwaaarggggh !". Also, I liked when that umasked "Riddler" did a callback to the beginning of the movie, confronting Batman with his own words

- Joker ... Ugh. Did we really need this ?

- Ending was kinda corny and on the nose but I liked how hopeful it was. Visual of Batman in the water holding that flare, a beacon of hope above his head, while surrounded by darkness was quite memorable and impressive. In general, visuals and cinematography were great. Good job, Matt Reeves
[close]

Although, It may seem I have more criticism than praise for the movie I still enjoyed it overall, As I've said, that movie gets how Batman should "feel" and that's most important to me, I love me some good atmosphere. I'm looking forward to re-watching this one to pick up on things I might've missed

Solid 7/10 from me

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) on VHS

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 18, 2022, 04:02:31 AM
The Passion of the Christ

Jesus: Inventor of the Dinner Table :laugh:

The gore in that film is biblical

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed