Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,751 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I may have to give that a listen.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I'd still love a Commando 2.
Just a rip-off of Death Wish 2 and 3 but with John Matrix.
Bennett has a son, who lived on the streets and became a gang leader. They rape and kill John's daughter, still played by Alyssa Milano.
This makes him go a little crazy.
Keep it simple, use only practical special effects, show a decent amount of cool kills with cheesy yet cool accompanying one-liners.
Why is no one making this?!?!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 10, 2019, 12:30:07 AM
I'd still love a Commando 2.
Just a rip-off of Death Wish 2 and 3 but with John Matrix.
Bennett has a son, who lived on the streets and became a gang leader. They rape and kill John's daughter, still played by Alyssa Milano.
This makes him go a little crazy.
Keep it simple, use only practical special effects, show a decent amount of cool kills with cheesy yet cool accompanying one-liners.
Why is no one making this?!?!

Simple. You can't make a sequel better than the greatest film in all of existence.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 09, 2019, 07:27:47 PM
But seriously, that script was f**king nuts.

and my terrible Arnie impression lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 10, 2019, 12:30:07 AMJust a rip-off of Death Wish 2 and 3 but with John Matrix.

Death Wish 3 is basically already a Commando remake :laugh: Just, you know, featuring an over-the-hill Charlie Bronson and set in New York but obviously filmed in London for added WTF.

Funny actually, I was extolling that film's "virtues" to my mates just this morning. I especially like the bit where the old Jewish couple downstairs invite Kersey to dinner, then in the middle of the meal he excuses himself to go murder some thugs trying to break into his car outside, before heading back inside to finish his soup with the old couple, who don't seem to care.

And I'm still not sure if that or Invasion USA was the first movie to feature the hero blowing the villain out of a second-floor window with a rocket launcher from point-blank range, but either way it's f*cking glorious.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 10, 2019, 12:58:49 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 09, 2019, 07:27:47 PM
But seriously, that script was f**king nuts.

and my terrible Arnie impression lol

I swear, after seeing Arnold speak clearer in some movies over others, like True Lies, I'm convinced Arnie sometimes is doing a terrible Arnie impression!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The New Kids (1985)
Starring Lori Loughlin and James Spader.
Typical 80's flick about two orphans moving to a small town and getting in trouble with the local gang.

Mischief (1985)
Couple of familiar faces but don't know anyone by name.
Nice little 80's flick set in the 50's. A high school student takes a crash course in teenage coolness from his motorcycle rebel neighbour who's the new kid in town.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2019, 01:01:05 PM

Death Wish 3 is basically already a Commando remake :laugh: Just, you know, featuring an over-the-hill Charlie Bronson and set in New York but obviously filmed in London for added WTF.

Funny actually, I was extolling that film's "virtues" to my mates just this morning. I especially like the bit where the old Jewish couple downstairs invite Kersey to dinner, then in the middle of the meal he excuses himself to go murder some thugs trying to break into his car outside, before heading back inside to finish his soup with the old couple, who don't seem to care.

And I'm still not sure if that or Invasion USA was the first movie to feature the hero blowing the villain out of a second-floor window with a rocket launcher from point-blank range, but either way it's f*cking glorious.

It would be a great concept for an Old Man Arnie type flick.
Filmed in London? That's weird.

Yeah, those old New Yorkers don't give af  :laugh:

Don't think I ever saw Invasion USA. Never been into Chuck Norris movies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 10, 2019, 07:13:14 PMDon't think I ever saw Invasion USA. Never been into Chuck Norris movies.

Me neither tbh, although I'd recommend Braddock: Missing in Action III as it's genuinely hilarious. By far the most entertaining thing I've ever seen him do.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've not seen the Missing in Action movies, but I love the fact that they released the second movie first because it was better. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the one they put out first is probably a "better" film, but I like the second one more because it's simply crazier and more action-packed, and that's pretty much all you want from an 80s B-movie. The third one trounces them both though.

The Predator

Decided to give this a rewatch as I've been reading the novelisation of late. I don't hate it the way a lot of people do, but it really frustrates me because it feels like they nearly had a much better movie, and most of the things they screwed up were done when they started trying to rework it. The original plot - with the Upgrade basically being a superweapon sent to f*ck us up because certain Predators hate that we keep besting them, and the Fugitive (and Emissaries) trying to stop him - sounds like it would've been a lot more interesting and less incongruous with what is established in the previous movies. Also, if the novel's anything to go by, the dumb subplot about global warming leading to a wholesale Predator invasion - including that final scene - was entirely added at the last minute, and given how that shit's the biggest problem I have with it, even leaving that out would've improved the film considerably.

Oh yeah, and I dunno if it's because we know the final act was reworked, but I swear you can see the quality of the CGI drop dramatically in some of the reshot stuff near the end.

I'd really love to see the Shane Black cut one day.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Motherless Brooklyn
Visually and Musically stunning in places. A passion project for Edward Norton that he'd been trying to get made for 20 years. While i did enjoy it, its way too long. But a great cast

Huggs

Huggs

Citizen Kane (2/5)

The Old One

The Old One

Now I know that's utter nonsense.
Also I just watched Blade Runner in 4K,
absolutely blown away by the opening shot and it's the only way to watch it now.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Terminator 2: Judgement Day Special Edition
A fantastic film and the extra scenes and moments do add to it

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

While I prefer Aliens' special edition to the theatrical, I actually like T2's theatrical cut more than I do its special edition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed