Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,770 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 06, 2019, 08:37:32 AM

I really want to like that every time I watch it, but it has this bizarre thing where it manages to make all its action sequences really dull.

Was thinking about this bit, and it's really true. And it's not helped by all the weird comedy gags in the middle of every action scene, which makes it feel like Mendes is the number one fan of the slide whistle bit from The Man with the Golden Gun.

Huggs

Huggs

Dracula: Dead and loving it (2.5/5)

"Manush"

THX 1138 (3/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Zodiac

Fincher at his best.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Avengers: Civil War......sorry, Captain America: Civil War
Watching this after seeing Infinity War and Endgame. Its seeded perfectly

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 07, 2019, 02:32:11 AM
Dracula: Dead and loving it (2.5/5)

"Manush"

That movie deserves nothing less than a solid 5/5.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 08, 2019, 11:50:57 AM
Avengers: Civil War......sorry, Captain America: Civil War
Watching this after seeing Infinity War and Endgame. Its seeded perfectly

At least it has Zemo, Peggy, Falcon and Winter Soldier.

But I do love Avengers: Civil War! :)

Huggs

Huggs

The Equalizer 2 (2/5)

SM

SM

Robocop (2014)

Can only really view it in comparison to the original, in that it wasn't a copy and did some interesting things with having Murphy retain his memories and personality and family.  In that regard it was pretty good.  The satire angle by way of Sam Jackson doing a Sean Hannity impersonation was okay.  But both that and the main action fell over badly at the end.  The climax was dull, and Jackson went over the top cartoon villain that was just dumb.

Huggs

Huggs

Sicario 2 (1/5)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Dec 06, 2019, 03:45:42 PMI've seen some vehement online vloggers saying that there's a backlash against the latest one for being too woke.

You mean No Time to Die? I don't really see it myself, at least not in the trailer. They had a female secret agent way back in '77 with Barbara Bach in The Spy Who Loved Me, so that's not exactly some current-day fad. The fact the new one happens to be black doesn't really mean anything to me.

As for her being 007, has that even been confirmed? I don't recall it in the trailer, but people seem to be certain of it. But even if she is, didn't Bond retire at the end of the last one? Why wouldn't they reassign his number? There's been more than one 00 agent by the same number in the film series before (most of whom were killed multiple times, so the numbers are obviously reused).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Anna and the Apocalypse (2017)
Shaun of the Dead meets High School Musical at Xmas. Really enjoyed it. Had some great shocking and sad moments and the young cast were on form

Commando
Still love it. Still really wish we'd got the sequel Kiramidhead and I talked about on the podcast lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 09, 2019, 01:18:58 PMCommando
Still really wish we'd got the sequel Kiramidhead and I talked about on the podcast lol

Commandeux.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 09, 2019, 02:26:55 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 09, 2019, 01:18:58 PMCommando
Still really wish we'd got the sequel Kiramidhead and I talked about on the podcast lol

Commandeux.

*Blows whistle* Yellow card!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

But seriously, that script was f**king nuts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed