Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,318 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2019, 02:18:28 PM
Lol I remember liking the fifth a hell of a lot more than I expected to given its reputation. One of the major complaints people seem to have - that it's a downer for Rocky himself - really didn't bother me. Plus it has that hilarious Don King rip-off played by Richard Gant, who pretty much makes the film worthwhile all by himself.

Anyway, I'm getting there...

Rocky III

Ah, that's more like it. The point at which the series becomes fully self-aware - it's full of montages, the fights are completely over-the-top, the villain's a riot, and I legitimately lost track of how many times Apollo Creed used the phrase "eye of the tiger" (in case you'd forgotten that was the theme song to the movie since they last played it five minutes ago). Also, considering the rivalry with Clubber it sets up, it's pretty funny how their rematch ends up being probably Rocky's easiest bout of the entire series, he knocks him out in three without even really breaking a sweat :laugh:

"Woman! Hey, Woman!" ;D

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Midsommar (2019)
Meh. Everything looks nice but once the effect wears off it's just another commune/cult visit gone wrong flick.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ready or Not
Really enjoyed this. Horrific when it needed to be and the humour was pitch black which i loved

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rambo III

Dare I say it, this works more as an action movie than 2 did? "What do you say, John?" "f**k 'EM!" ;D

Huggs

Huggs

The Shawshank Redemption (5/5)

Alone in the Wilderness (4.5/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cold Moon

What a boring waste of time.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Toy Story 4 (2019)
Not bad for another unnecessary Pixar sequel.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 26, 2019, 05:47:04 PMRambo III

Dare I say it, this works more as an action movie than 2 did?

Word.

Also I love how by this point sequel naming consistency has just gone right out the window.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Rocky IV
Its a fun no brainer really. Also has my favourite song soundtrack of the whole series. And the fact that 2 montages use the whole of the songs lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 27, 2019, 01:05:26 PMAlso has my favourite song soundtrack of the whole series.

They played "Living in America" during the England-USA rugby match the other day :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 27, 2019, 07:23:56 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 26, 2019, 05:47:04 PMRambo III

Dare I say it, this works more as an action movie than 2 did?

Word.

Also I love how by this point sequel naming consistency has just gone right out the window.

Stallone apparently did that on purpose. He changed First Blood II to Rambo: First Blood Part II because he wanted another series named after the character like Rocky.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 27, 2019, 03:48:49 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 27, 2019, 01:05:26 PMAlso has my favourite song soundtrack of the whole series.

They played "Living in America" during the England-USA rugby match the other day :laugh:

Hahahaha no wonder the US lost

Huggs

Huggs

Schindler's List (4/5)

The Old One

The Old One

A friend of mine watched PREDATOR for the first time tonight, even missing the spaceship falling in the opening- having no idea about the film, the response?

"Meh."

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 29, 2019, 12:45:12 AM
A friend of mine watched PREDATOR for the first time tonight, even missing the spaceship falling in the opening- having no idea about the film, the response?

"Meh."

Should have showed your friend PREDATOR 2.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed