Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,935 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I like Thor, as a character.

But my opinion of the Thor films never recovered from TDW.

As much as Ragnarock tried to be something bigger like guardians, I just couldn't get into it.

Iron man 2&3 were just meh as far as I was concerned. I like Cap very much as a character, but CA one was a bit rough, and it's sequels were just far too...real world for my taste. Too much politics and paperwork. Too much glock and black suv.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

As much as I like Thor 1 and Ragnarok, it's a very uneven series that feels like Marvel has never really known what to do with. I wonder how different things would be if they went with the original idea where the movie was more heavily ensconced in Norse mythology and Thor was banished to Earth in Viking times instead of the modern day.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Kingpin Thor  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kingpin would have made a killing off the snap if he survived it.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Red Planet (2000) It was okay. Rag tag crew has to solve the mysterious disappearance of algae sent to Mars to make it a breathable planet. Visuals are good (especially AMEE, the killer robot), the acting so so and the story nothing to write home about. Still, there are worse sci-fi movies. Apparently there was a lot of friction on set between Kilmer and Sizemore, so that explains why they're almost never together in a scene. Carrie-Anne Moss isn't such a looker, but she has a nice rack. Mission to Mars is the better movie that was also released the same year. 5.5/10

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 27, 2019, 08:16:24 PM
The only ones I really care to watch are

Iron Man
Avengers 1
Gaurdians 1&2
Infinity War

Never cared for the CA or Thor films. Or Ultron, Etc.

For me, iron man 1 was the best story. Avenger 1&3 and the guardians movies gave the best adventure and spectacle. The incredible hulk was...okay.

The rest, I could take em or leave em. I can't even tell the difference between civil war and winter soldier. They just all look and feel the same to me.

I found Winter Soldier very good but Civil War bored the absolute crap outta me. A film that went nowhere and once I realised everyone of the main characters were safe it lost all of it's tension.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on Apr 28, 2019, 10:53:27 AM
I found Winter Soldier very good but Civil War bored the absolute crap outta me. A film that went nowhere and once I realised everyone of the main characters were safe it lost all of it's tension.

With Civil War, lacking risk of death never equated to safe to me, or stakes. Actually, the opposite. That would have been the cheap way out and the safe way out, from a writing perspective. The tearing appart the Avengers within was the stakes.

Quote from: P-Rock on Apr 28, 2019, 10:18:34 AM
Red Planet (2000) It was okay. Rag tag crew has to solve the mysterious disappearance of algae sent to Mars to make it a breathable planet. Visuals are good (especially AMEE, the killer robot), the acting so so and the story nothing to write home about. Still, there are worse sci-fi movies. Apparently there was a lot of friction on set between Kilmer and Sizemore, so that explains why they're almost never together in a scene. Carrie-Anne Moss isn't such a looker, but she has a nice rack. Mission to Mars is the better movie that was also released the same year. 5.5/10

Your critical analysis had me, until...

QuoteCarrie-Anne Moss isn't such a looker, but she has a nice rack.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Craft

Way too 90s. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Lincoln 4/5

The Predator 0/5

The Bourne Legacy 3/5

Russ

Russ

Saw Endgame early to avoid spoilers. Won't comment on it here for a while.

Also on DVD:

Doomsday (Rhona Mitra) which is superb.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - really liked it
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - good if predictable.

(will watch War tonight).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Full Eclipse
An interesting Werewolf film, although it isnt quite sure of its tone. Bruce Payne chews it like always

Xmoor
Could have been better but enjoyed it for the most part

Ferngully
Only Tim Curry could make toxic gas sound sexy and Robin Williams is just Robin Williams lol

The Ambulance
Actually really enjoyed this. Was sold to m as a Horror, but its more a Thriller with Comedy elements. Stan Lee even appears lol

Avengers: Endgame
Saw it in Normal 3D this time. Still a fantastic movie and some theories i had about things, i feel are more solidified. A great end to the era

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 29, 2019, 10:44:52 AM
The Ambulance
Actually really enjoyed this. Was sold to m as a Horror, but its more a Thriller with Comedy elements. Stan Lee even appears lol

Is that the Eric Roberts classic? The one where his overacting is actually Oscar worthy?

Russ

Russ

I'm not having this. I used to mock Eric's overacting because in "Best of the Best" he gets his shoulder dislocated by a Korean fighter and limps off the mat. It raised the question "why is he limping if he dislocated his shoulder."

Fast forward eleventy billion years to when I did one of those tough mudder events - I fell onto my shoulder (long story) and dislocated it... as I was being helped off by my team mates (as Eric was) there's video evidence of me limping too. Despite the fact there was nothing wrong with my legs.

So what we may perceive as over-acting is in fact Eric's genius level of finding the truth in his performance.

Honest.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eric is the best Roberts. 8)

Huggs

Huggs

Dark City 5/5

Noah 3/5

Underworld: Blood Wars 2/5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed