Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,453 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 12, 2019, 03:17:03 AM
Total Recall wasn't that bad, Robocop wasn't either really. I just enjoy them for what they are. I try not to avoid seeing movies, tastes are a weird thing and I don't want to miss out on something.

I think I might be more picky than you.
And instead of watching certain sequels and remakes, I watch something weird I otherwise wouldn't watch. Or something old I haven't seen before. So I still see something "new".

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2019, 03:18:50 AM
Yeah, I actually didn't mind the Robocop remake all that much. It was just too compromised and middle of the road. Which is a shame, it had some really neat scenes and ideas.

The new Robocop was like "The Predator" to me. Watchable. Entertaining in parts. But overall a shadow of its formal self.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 12, 2019, 03:17:03 AMTotal Recall wasn't that bad, Robocop wasn't either really.

Those were perfectly competent films, I just found them utterly generic and forgettable - which is criminal given how memorable the originals were. Total Recall in particular seemed like they actively removed all the special elements that really elevated the first one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Seven-Per-Cent Solution

Prez

Prez

Crazy Rich Asians
Got about half way before I lost interest. Made me remember I hate rom-coms.

Huggs

Huggs

The Sphere - Bluray

Quote from: Prez on Jan 13, 2019, 11:47:35 PM
Made me remember I hate rom-coms.

As do I. The only one I was ever able to tolerate was 50 First Dates. And that's likely just because they nailed the "family" aspect so well. That and the humor was actually good.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ibiza Undead
Essentially The Inbetweeners if it featured Zombies. Its actually more enjoyable that i thought it would be.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 10, 2019, 01:38:40 PM

Black Swan 5/10? Stand by Me 6.5/10?

https://media.giphy.com/media/7ycl4jNeyCn2U/giphy.gif

Black Swan is overrated but I like Stand by Me, I almost gave it 7/10 which means good, it's definitely above average anyway and my rating reflects that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bowfinger

"White boys always get the Oscar. It's a known fact. Did I ever get a nomination? No! You know why? Cause I hadn't played any of them slave roles, and get my ass whipped. That's how you get the nomination. A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ass whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That's what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I'll get the Oscar." :laugh:

Russ

Russ

Death Wish (the Bruce Willis one). As commented above re Robocop and Total Recall reamakes....

There's nothing wrong with this movie - its violent enough, pacy enough... nothing wrong with it, but its never gonna replace the Bronson original.

I enjoyed it and Eli Roth did throw in some satisfying deaths (the bloke going over the stairs' landing is pretty memorable).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The FrontRunner
A slowburning film about a piece of American Politics, i'd heard nothing about. So this is the moment political reporting really went Hollywood

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Witch

You, know with all the talk about the dialogue being hard to follow, I didn't have any trouble. It's hardly that one scene from Matrix 2. Very interesting film to watch, though.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Furious 7 (2015)

I haven't really been keeping up with the Fast and the Furious films since Fast Five, but I felt the need to see this now that Hobbs & Shaw is filming, as I do love me some Statham and Dwayne Johnson. It's solid fun and James Wan knows how to craft an entertaining film. I love the opening shot with Statham at the hospital, but felt that the film never really delivered on his character after that. Either way, not too shabby.

7/10

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 10:11:02 PM
Furious 7 (2015)

I haven't really been keeping up with the Fast and the Furious films since Fast Five, but I felt the need to see this now that Hobbs & Shaw is filming, as I do love me some Statham and Dwayne Johnson. It's solid fun and James Wan knows how to craft an entertaining film. I love the opening shot with Statham at the hospital, but felt that the film never really delivered on his character after that. Either way, not too shabby.

7/10

The last few films have been going the way of the MI movies. Lot's of tech, stunts and set pieces. It's good fun.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 10:11:02 PM
Furious 7 (2015)

7/10

Statham and Dwayne are standouts in the eighth movie and Statham in particular gets the best scene in the movie. I'm super excited for Hobbs & Shaw. Especially with the director being David Leitch. The action is going to be great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed