Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,507 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

BeerFest
A Broken Lizard film. Its so random its brilliant and how the hell they got some of the cast I'll never know lol

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2018, 08:41:46 AM
Natural Born Killers

...aka Everyone's on Cocaine: The Movie. God this film's insane. I'm not sure I could even say whether I liked it or hated it. It was just insanity.

Robert Downey Jr. certainly on fire in this one. Think my favorite scene is when he's on the phone with his wife and mistress.
Love Rodney Dangerfield's appearance. But I just love the guy.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2018, 10:56:41 AM
BeerFest
A Broken Lizard film. Its so random its brilliant and how the hell they got some of the cast I'll never know lol

"Das! Boot! Das! Boot!"

Huggs

Huggs

Downfall - On DVD

Need to get this on Blu-ray now that it's finally out. Bruno Ganz was really on his A game in this one.

Robocop - On Blu-ray

Gads. The good ol days. When tactical gear was a black baseball cap, bad guys in fingerless gloves cackled and hooted hysterically, and the future was a giant infomercial.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 25, 2018, 04:17:09 PM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2018, 10:56:41 AM
BeerFest

"Das! Boot! Das! Boot!"

"I had a bad experience in a U Boat once"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Last Action Hero. I'd never actually seen it before and it was hilarious.  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Barely Lethal
Boring as f**k had no idea what it wanted to be

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2018, 08:52:18 AM
Last Action Hero. I'd never actually seen it before and it was hilarious.  :laugh:

Unfortunately it had the bad luck of opening alongside Jurassic Park.

I have always enjoyed Last Action Hero,  I think it was ahead of its time as not many movies back then were self aware or even made such self awareness the plot.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really like Last Action Hero too, although I can't deny it's one of those films that somehow winds up being less than the sum of its parts. There are some absolutely superb characters and moments in it... All the references to other films, Stallone as the Terminator, the soundtrack, literally anything to do with Charles Dance, the cameos, the fact even the heartless villain finds the real world f**ked up... But as a complete movie it always seems to leave me a little disappointed.

That said - without doubt my favourite Charles Dance role ever. I love how every other character in the film is completely baffled by the fact they can slip between worlds, whereas he just immediately accepts it and starts working it to his advantage without question. He's essentially the only guy who really understands what's going on. He also gets two of my favourite movie lines ever, namely, "Hello? I just shot somebody, I did it on purpose!" and "No, Jack. I just left one chamber empty." So good.

Also... Is Death still just wandering around in the real world now, or what?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2018, 01:06:41 PM
.... Stallone as the Terminator, the soundtrack, literally anything to do with  ...

That soundtrack is awesome. It has one of my favourite B side Anthrax songs (Poison My Eyes) on there. I still remember how much I peaked in the cinema when I hear that song (during the video store scene). Lots of other great songs from some great bands on there too, Fishbone, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Queensryche.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Last night I saw an Argentine horror film called 'Terrified' ('Aterrados' in Spanish), and it was a solid and genuinely scary horror movie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Good

Scares: yeah, there are some jumpscares over there, but these jumpscares are not mediocre at all since when such moments are happening, you are not being scared just by the sound; but by a creative and well-made horror imagery, playing around. 

Tension: there is a real tension in the film crafted by both: the sound and the leads, cos you care for such characters.

Story: while the story isn't mind-blowing by any means, there is a well-made hybrid based on different supernatural/horror concepts. At first, the movie feels like your typical paranormal flick about haunted houses possessed by evil ghosts/demons with poltergeist and stuff like that; but actually, there is something going on about
Spoiler
alternate dimensions (ala Stranger Things) and vampire-like-beings, but they aren't your regular Hollywood bloodsuckers; but more like a mix between the Lovecraftian J-Horror film 'Marebito' and 2005's 'The Descent'.

[close]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bad

Out of place and unsolved concept: in general, I have no problems with mysteriousness and ambiguity in horror movies, since in this kind of films it is better to not explain the otherworldly stuff. However, there is a singular creepy element, which was handled as a plot device, but when such a plot is progressing, we find out that there is no direct relationship with the main mystery. Maybe I'm missing something, but I have the feeling that such a concept was included in the movie just for the sake of creepiness imagery (or cool imagery if you prefer) and nothing more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Said that 'Terrified' is one of my favorite 2018's horror films, along with Hereditary, A Quiet Place, Annihilation (honorable mention to The Ritual, but only for the creature design). I still need to see Mandy though. So for me 4/5.   

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2018, 01:06:41 PM
I really like Last Action Hero too, although I can't deny it's one of those films that somehow winds up being less than the sum of its parts. There are some absolutely superb characters and moments in it... All the references to other films, Stallone as the Terminator, the soundtrack, literally anything to do with Charles Dance, the cameos, the fact even the heartless villain finds the real world f**ked up... But as a complete movie it always seems to leave me a little disappointed.

That said - without doubt my favourite Charles Dance role ever. I love how every other character in the film is completely baffled by the fact they can slip between worlds, whereas he just immediately accepts it and starts working it to his advantage without question. He's essentially the only guy who really understands what's going on. He also gets two of my favourite movie lines ever, namely, "Hello? I just shot somebody, I did it on purpose!" and "No, Jack. I just left one chamber empty." So good.

Also... Is Death still just wandering around in the real world now, or what?

Don't forget "God! 180 you stupid spaghetti slurping cretin, 180! If I did a 360 I'd go completely around and end back where I started!!" "What?" "Trust me" bang  :laugh:

And of course "If god was a villain, he'd be me"  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadpool 2

Holy Shitballs/10

I prefer the theatrical cut.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 28, 2018, 11:32:28 PMDon't forget "God! 180 you stupid spaghetti slurping cretin, 180! If I did a 360 I'd go completely around and end back where I started!!" "What?" "Trust me" bang  :laugh:

And of course "If god was a villain, he'd be me"  :laugh:

;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Missionary Man
A perfunctory modern day western starring, directed and co-written by Dolph Lundgren

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hell Fest

This was a lot of fun. Just an entertaining slasher flick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed