Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,590 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Silence of the Lambs - Bluray

Still a solid flick. Not too impressed with the image quality of this blu, but still worth the purchase.

Hannibal - Bluray

My personal favorite of the lecter movies. As good as Red Dragon was, Ridley really nailed it with this one. Fantastic looking bluray too.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 09, 2018, 05:54:35 AM
Hannibal - Bluray
My personal favorite of the lecter movies. As good as Red Dragon was, Ridley really nailed it with this one. Fantastic looking bluray too.

See I dug this film but the only thing that sort of pulled me out of it was the fact we had Julianne Moore instead of Jodie Foster. Nothing on Moore's acting chops but my brain just couldn't make the leap required to accept she was Clarice.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Aug 09, 2018, 06:07:45 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 09, 2018, 05:54:35 AM
Hannibal - Bluray

See I dug this film but the only thing that sort of pulled me out of it was the fact we had Julianne Moore instead of Jodie Foster. Nothing on Moore's acting chops but my brain just couldn't make the leap required to accept she was Clarice.

I saw Hannibal before I ever saw Silence of the lambs. So that helped. I found Moore's portrayal of Clarice to be stronger and much more confident than Foster's too, and so it made the cat-and-mouse aspect of the movie much more exciting for me. Interestingly, I just noticed for the first time, the theatrical poster for Gladiator hanging on the wall in one scene. Ridley got him an easter egg in there.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Dead Shack (2017)
Average horror.
Well made, decent cast and ok acting but it was nothing new.
Imo movies like this need to crank up the crazy and gore levels so at least it's fun to watch.

Huggs

Huggs

The Great Escape - on bluray

Jigsaw - on Bluray

Not the best story but not all that bad really. Tobin Bell was amazing, as usual. Mitch's character doing the double take after getting stabbed by the falling knife was oddly humorous, even if it was a miscue by the actor. His cliché moment of "you did it! You saved me!" right before the inevitable, had me in stitches. It was the biggest cheese moment I've seen since that god awful and cringe inducing "don't let us die for nothing" line in Independence day 2. The picture quality was fantastic though. Great looking bluray.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Package (2018)
"When a group of teenage friends go on a spring break camping trip, an unfortunate accident sets off a race against time to save their friend's most prized possession."
Decent R-Rated comedy from the Workaholics guys. Better than I expected. Looking forward to what they'll come up with next.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Meg

This was a blast. Just a really fun monster movie.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Action Point (2018)
Fun comedy about a themepark that's about maximum fun and minimum safety. Set in the 70's (or 80's).
Screw the low ratings. People these days don't seem to appreciate slapstick violence and/or vulgarity like they used to.

Tag (2018)
This wasn't bad but I think it woul've worked better with a different cast, especially when you look at the people this movie was actually inspired by.
Also felt they held back a little. Should've gone totally crazy.

Prez

Prez

Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Brilliant film. Tense, action packed, well written and acted. Best in the series for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Enforcer

"Here's a seven pointed suppository for you!" :laugh:

Honestly, this wasn't bad. Sure, the bad guys were basically a psychotic Scooby Doo gang, but the rest of the movie was pretty good.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Deadpool 2
This was brilliant and hilarious. Josh Brolin was perfectly cast as Cable.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Meg
A lot of fun. You could tell where there were meant to be R-Rated moments, but the film doesnt suffer for being PG-13

Blood Beach
Lol cheesy classic

The Runestone
Ive been looking for this film since i saw the VHS cover when i was a kid and was actually well worth the wait

Virtuosity
Really enjoyed this. Sure Denzel is basically playing his usual role, but younger Russell Crowe really hams it up

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2018, 08:29:37 PMThe Enforcer

Honestly, this wasn't bad. Sure, the bad guys were basically a psychotic Scooby Doo gang, but the rest of the movie was pretty good.

Contender for my favourite of the sequels (I maintain a soft spot for the fifth, for reasons I'm not sure I could pin down).

Enforcer definitely strikes me as the funniest of the series. The scene where Harry is forced to interview female candidates for detective is f*cking gold.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 13, 2018, 11:39:43 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2018, 08:29:37 PMThe Enforcer

Contender for my favourite of the sequels (I maintain a soft spot for the fifth, for reasons I'm not sure I could pin down).

Enforcer definitely strikes me as the funniest of the series. The scene where Harry is forced to interview female candidates for detective is f*cking gold.

I preferred Magnum Force by a bit, but Enforcer was still good. I'm a little worried about Sudden Impact possibly suffering from Look at my Hot Wife Syndrome.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Upgrade (2018)
Good - pretty good. Might have liked it more if I didn't expect something different.
Starring Logan Marshall-Green.
Quite the amount of influences from movies such as Bladerunner, Prometheus, Covenant, 2001: A Space Odyssey,...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed