Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,602 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 20, 2018, 05:29:42 PMGran Torino was initially written as a Dirty Harry movie, but they moved away from that idea.

I didn't know that!

Supposedly the same is true of The Rookie. Literally all you'd need to do is change the lead character's name and it would fit seamlessly alongside the others.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 22, 2018, 07:52:57 PMManhunter

I know of at lease one person who will be happy about this post ;)

;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 21, 2018, 10:34:05 PM
Halloween III: Season of the Witch

"Aren't you the least bit tired?"

I love that film

Thor: Ragnorok
Still Funny as hell and kicks ass. Led Zeppelin is his true theme now

The Incredibles 2
I waited 14 years for this and it was like no time had passed at all. It was amazing, fun and just Pixar still on top of their game

The Expendables 1-3
An enjoyable trilogy. Lots of fun. Really takes me back

Huggs

Huggs

Ben Hur 50th anniversary edition. Blu-ray

Fantastic movie, and a simply gorgeous transfer. Best I've ever seen the movie look. Fine detail is exquisite.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 25, 2018, 02:42:04 AM
Ben Hur 50th anniversary edition. Blu-ray

Fantastic movie, and a simply gorgeous transfer. Best I've ever seen the movie look. Fine detail is exquisite.

Still have never seen this film - feel embarrassed to admit that - something I intend to change.

Russ

Russ

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

I still think 'Begins is the best of this trilogy... 'Knight is a good (not great in my view) movie, but it feels very uneven... as if it should have been half-an-hour longer or half-an-hour shorter.

Hindsight - I kind of wish Man of Steel (et al) had been connected to this trilogy. From what I've seen thus far, nothing in DCEU (or Worlds of DC or whatever they're branding it these days) contradicts what has happened in Nolan's movies.

Look, I know what they said back when DCEU was getting going, reality-based, yada-yada... but with hindsight, I wonder if these movies "shared DNA", DCEU might have been better received. If I recall, Bale said he didn't want to do it, but I guess money talks in that regard.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Mask (1985) - Starring Cher and Eric Stoltz.  An awesome film based on a true story.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Tully - a great little movie with a nice surprise.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 23, 2018, 04:12:19 AM
No Escape aka Escape From Absolom (1994)
Liked it more than the last time I saw it.
It's good but not great. Which is sad because it has the potential.

Also, the setting is near perfect for an AvP movie. Just remove the prison angle.
Two or more warring tribes with aliens and predators in the mix sounds like a good time to me.

Ive always loved this film. Its cheesy in places but I think it suits it

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Decided to finally go through the old movies I've been adding to the Watch List on NetFlix and gave this one a go -

Was so f**king funny. Ivanova from Babylon 5, Gul Dukat & Quark from DS9. I knew it was going to amazing. The prosthetic were actually kinda okay and the concept was alright, just looked so funny in execution.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The fact I just recently read the Predator short Gameworld made that even more fun to watch :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2018, 08:14:06 AM
Decided to finally go through the old movies I've been adding to the Watch List on NetFlix and gave this one a go -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHKnU-YkOE4

Was so f**king funny. Ivanova from Babylon 5, Gul Dukat & Quark from DS9. I knew it was going to amazing. The prosthetic were actually kinda okay and the concept was alright, just looked so funny in execution.

I remember when Arena was first released on VHS back in the day  :D I feel old!

Fright night pt II (1988) - Not as good as the first film but still enjoyable.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 26, 2018, 09:32:09 AM
The fact I just recently read the Predator short Gameworld made that even more fun to watch :laugh:

Ha, I was thinking of that while watching this actually! Little less lethal than Gameworld though.  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2018, 08:14:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHKnU-YkOE4

Its on Netflix you say? Well ive got another film to add to my watch list then lmao

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, been adding loads of old sci-fi movies to my list over the years and never really watching them. Decided to try and make a dint. I think this is a recent one tbh though.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Thor: Ragnorak.

Not bad at all, plenty of laughs and Jeff Goldblum stole the show as usual.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed