Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,536 times)

D88M

D88M

Infinity War for the second time: The virtues and flaws of the movie are more noticeable this time, but it is still good.

Pacific Rim Uprising: Meh, Del Toro is missing but the story is not good anyway, but it is entertainning.

Han Solo - A Star Wars Story: Without being the dumpster fire that we were told, is not a good movie, is empty, souless, nothing that happens reach you in anyway, pretty forgettable. And God did the feminist robot was irritating, but is like a parody i guess. I am sure the original directors made a way better movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Yeah the writers strike really screwed over this film. Needed a few more rewrites and getting little facts right lol

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 20, 2018, 11:59:47 AM
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Yeah the writers strike really screwed over this film. Needed a few more rewrites and getting little facts right lol

The writers strike affected that movie, yes, but the sequels never quite achieved the level of quality the 1st one did.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 20, 2018, 04:00:39 PM
The sequels never quite achieved the level of quality the 1st one did.

I watched the first one recently because it was on TV, and I was surprised at the amount of restraint Michael Bay showed. Blackout's transformation takes the time to build an atmosphere and moves the blades first before going full on.

Disclaimer: It's still not a good film though, but it had more potential and shows in the first entry.

Lindsey does a great breakdown of the film;

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 20, 2018, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 20, 2018, 04:00:39 PM
The sequels never quite achieved the level of quality the 1st one did.

I watched the first one recently because it was on TV, and I was surprised at the amount of restraint Michael Bay showed. Blackout's transformation takes the time to build an atmosphere and moves the blades first before going full on.

Disclaimer: It's still not a good film though, but it had more potential and shows in the first enty.

Lindsey does a great breakdown of the film;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRXI__Wixas

I feel like that was because Spielberg had more to do with the first one. The jokes are not as bad in the first movie, because especially in the second one they are horrendous. Once the movie made money the studio was like alright Bay just do what you do.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I still like the first one quite a bit, despite its faults.

I gave up after the first couple of sequels. In fact I think I only saw the third one because it was on TV.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 20, 2018, 04:53:01 PM
Yeah, I still like the first one quite a bit, despite its faults.

I gave up after the first couple of sequels. In fact I think I only saw the third one because it was on TV.

The first is the best one and the third one is probably right below it. The other sequels are just not good. Bits and pieces are entertaining but man I remember seeing The Last Knight in theaters and it was literally draining. I walked out of that theater exhausted.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last Knight somehow managed to be even worse than Revenge of the Fallen. At least Age of Extinction dialed the comedy down and had a decent human villain in Kelsey Grammer. Granted, it was also an hour longer than it needed to be.

SM

SM

The HPLHS adaptation of Whisperer In Darkness.  Excellent flick.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Jun 21, 2018, 01:27:51 AM
The HPLHS adaptation of Whisperer In Darkness.  Excellent flick.

It is.
I was surprised how much I liked it and how well the olde timey approach worked.
Movie also shows you don't need a huge budget to creat a decent HPL flick. And that sticking to the story works.

SM

SM

It did a great job of respecting the original story and departing when it needed to.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Crazies
A great remake and the Car Wash sequence still shocks me

Huggs

Huggs

A Night to Remember - Blu-Ray

My favorite Titanic movie. All substance, no fluff, no filler. Blows Cameron's movie right out of the water.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Endless (2017)
This was supposed to be a Lovecraftian movie. But besides a quote at the start of the movie and a HPL mention, there wasn't much to it.
Might have been better if I didn't expect horror. As it's more of a supernatural mystery movie. Not even a thriller.
Decide for yourself.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Silly and dumb in places, but immensely entertaining with more than enough bits of dinosaurs tearing shit up and being awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed