Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,541 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 10:38:46 PM
You guys misunderstand me.  I never said that they were look alikes, I just said that they looked and sounded similar enough for their characters to be related.

They don't sound similar at all. Charles doesn't speak with an accent.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 28, 2012, 10:43:42 PM
Fox said nothing about canon, and the canon was blatantly contradicted numerous times in the AvP films
Yeah neither of those statements are accurate.

And whether or not you want to get "into it" with me in this thread, it really doesn't change the fact that you were being pretty hypocritical by saying "yeah let's totally disregard what the owners/creators say, we have to make all the rules for ourselves" after saying "no the owners/creators get the final say, if you disagree you're objectively wrong". You can't have it both ways.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 10:46:13 PM
Check out the monitors in the background--they misspell Weyland's name, same as those leaked storyboards did.  ;D And apparently Twitter is still going strong in the future. Ugh.
http://i39.tinypic.com/24zbokw.png

Wait. Does that confirm the authenticity of the leaked story boards then?  It would be a very very strange coincidence otherwise.

I know the boards looked shifty, but perhaps it was purposely "leaked" as an earlier attempt in viral marketing, for the fans in that case.

And I find it almost funny how in a new Prometheus video they mention internet and you see some form of Twitter.  The series is really getting up to date, isn't it?

Never say no to Panda!

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Prometheus and I have been fighting a bit lately, but the retcon makeup sex was the best ever! ;D

-Chris

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 28, 2012, 10:50:46 PM
And I find it almost funny how in a new Prometheus video they mention internet and you see some form of Twitter.  The series is really getting up to date, isn't it?
If the characters in PROMETHEUS start tweeting to each other before going into space, I'll throw my drink at the screen  :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I hope they spend the entire movie tweeting to each other instead of actually ever verbally talking to each other.

It's art! :D

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: Master on Feb 28, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
QuoteCELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF BUILDING BETTER WORLDS.

I don`t really see the problem. It`s 50 th aniversary of Wayland company. Peter Weyland is clearly not in his 50`s, so company must have been started by someone else. This 'someone' might be C. B. Wayland. Problem solved.
Lol

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Twitter's here to stay.

I attended a press gig for Playstation recently who were televising tweets...just encouraged geeks to post a load of sexist crap lol

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Feb 28, 2012, 11:06:58 PM
Twitter's here to stay.
A lot of people said the same thing about Myspace.  :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

What's myspace?

I'll just go look it up on lycos I guess

Spoiler
I kid
[close]

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Master on Feb 28, 2012, 08:50:47 PMI don`t really see the problem. It`s 50 th aniversary of Wayland company. Peter Weyland is clearly not in his 50`s, so company must have been started by someone else. This 'someone' might be C. B. Wayland. Problem solved.

The TED talk is set 50 years in the past from the film's present time, so Peter Weyland's age in the video is irrelevant.

Considered a seminal moment in the career of our founder Peter Weyland, this 2023 TED Talk launched Weyland Corp into the international spotlight. (note the past-tense).

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

-Chris

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 28, 2012, 09:51:37 PM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Feb 28, 2012, 09:45:27 PM
Quote from: gooner_no1 on Feb 28, 2012, 08:46:02 PM
Jon Spaihts on Twitter says:

QuoteWe tried not to violate canon wherever possible; but the canon's not completely coherent and in the end story wins.

This is soooo cryptic - he's basically saying the canon as it stands makes no sense, so they're relating to the bits that do and dumping everything else. But what bits? lol

I'd like to think Ridley has scrapped everything post Alien lol...at very least he'll relate to Aliens, but I'd really like to see the Queen concept dumped. I like the creature being more biomechanical and otherworldly rather than being a descendant of our Earths mighty ants ...it needs to be what the original title says - Alien!
If he starts dumping the sequels (no matter what he or other people think of them) it'll just make it seem like Prometheus is in its own little universe with 'Alien', while all the other movies (and 'AvP', etc) are still part of the "main" universe.

Sounds good to me.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 11:10:29 PM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Feb 28, 2012, 11:06:58 PM
Twitter's here to stay.
A lot of people said the same thing about Myspace.  :P

Come on, MySpace never had the relationship Twitter has with industry, finance and news organisations...it's the virtual Reuters feed. MySpace was never worth 10bn + ...industry, politics, finance are all dependent on it. MySpace was only good for tunes and babes lol

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 28, 2012, 10:49:50 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 28, 2012, 10:43:42 PM
Fox said nothing about canon, and the canon was blatantly contradicted numerous times in the AvP films
Yeah neither of those statements are accurate.

And whether or not you want to get "into it" with me in this thread, it really doesn't change the fact that you were being pretty hypocritical by saying "yeah let's totally disregard what the owners/creators say, we have to make all the rules for ourselves" after saying "no the owners/creators get the final say, if you disagree you're objectively wrong". You can't have it both ways.
Really?  Nice lumping two generalized and inaccurate statements together from unrelated topics to try and prove your point.

The creators get the final say in what a creature is, does anybody think otherwise?  They defined what the facehugger was pretty clearly through just about everything we know of it from the films.  Fox didn't create the Alien, they are a media corporation.  They haven't defined a consistent canon in the Alien, Predator, or AvP universe, leaving things for the fans to clean up, as they boldly try to do.

How are those things related?  Other than through the necessity of you trying to label me a hypocrite.

Whenever you're done with the weak accusations, we can stop cluttering this thread with your failure. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed