Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,676 times)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Daken on Oct 31, 2010, 06:56:24 AM
I loved Batman up until they killed him off. Then I just got bored an stopped picking it up.  :-\

But Bruces death launched batman into batshit insane morrisonland...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 31, 2010, 10:03:12 PMYou shouldn't be allowed to read Batman comics.

Not everybody needs to like the same thing. ;)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 01, 2010, 12:19:20 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Oct 31, 2010, 10:03:12 PMYou shouldn't be allowed to read Batman comics.

Not everybody needs to like the same thing. ;)

Yeah, for example you liking shit...and me not liking shit.

Seriously, he was on drugs when he wrote that comic. No joke.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I like the same things you do, and then I like this as well. See, no problem there. :P

Edit: I just read Superman: Earth One and I wasn't impressed. I didn't like this new Clark, he felt very dull and bland. The same thing can be said about the art. The villain was boring and looked stupid as hell. Superman never really felt as a hero to me and the whole thing seemed rushed. Secret Origin was much better than this.

I would rate it 4/10.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2010, 04:32:14 AM
I only recently got into Hellblazer (best ongoing series I've ever read) and Preacher, then tried to read an X-Men book, and found it faintly laughable in spite of the great artwork.

Yeah, you kinda did that backward. Claremont is kind of like Cameron, starts with a great premise and then proceeds to f**k everything over and is physically incapable of A: finishing a storyline B: writing a male character that is remotely as intelligent as his dumbest female character. Apologist pandering ftl.

Quotewhedon Astonishing

Ummm no. Whedon's sole awesome thing was bringing back Colossus.

The rest is usual snarky banter + completely stupid premise that ends in a literal one second hero-YOSH refutation; it got old on the second season of Buffy, it's sure as hell f**king old ten+ years later.

SM

SM

I don't even know if it was a Claremont book.  Started off i some pyramid with Apocalypse wanting to recruit the four horsemen or something.  There were constant references to events and characters I'd never heard of, so I got bored and gave up.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I just read Atomic Robo and the Shadow From Beyond Time. Thing was great. Not only was it hilarious, but Carl Sagan had a f**king trans-dimensional lightning gun and saved the universe!

Daken

Daken

Quote from: Huol on Oct 31, 2010, 11:09:17 PM
I loved Batman up until they killed him off. Then I just got bored an stopped picking it up.  :-\

Morrison's ideas are praised as the greatest but I find them lame at times. Not all are bad though but he just went crazy with Batman.
Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2010, 05:08:05 AM
I don't even know if it was a Claremont book.  Started off i some pyramid with Apocalypse wanting to recruit the four horsemen or something.  There were constant references to events and characters I'd never heard of, so I got bored and gave up.
Claremont's older work is gold. It must have been some one else.

SM

SM

I think the only thing of Claremont's I've read was Alien Predator - Deadliest of the Species which was shithouse.

Daken

Daken

AvP series always end up sucking. Read The Days of Future Past storyline & Dark Phoenix Saga.  ;)

SM

SM

Come to think of it I did read some Dark Phoenix stuff not that long ago.  There was some dude making Jean think she was back in time and in love with him or something.  Then other stuff when she blew up some remote star system.

Was okay but nothing to write home about either.  As per my earlier posts I've think I've been spoiled by Alan Moore, Hellblazer and Preacher.

Xhan

Xhan

Indeed.

Daken

Daken

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Huol on Oct 31, 2010, 11:09:17 PM

Batman R.I.P. made no sense to me. Was it supposed to? Bruce is going insane and starts wearing a yellow/purple batsuit...typical Morrison acid trip comic.

Aeus

Aeus

Zurr-en-arrh is Bruce's back up personality, in case Batman's is ever destroyed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed