Comic Book Readers (Read 907,345 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 14, 2014, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 14, 2014, 02:57:55 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 13, 2014, 10:20:36 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56268

wut

Yup. They're redoing that and Secret War.

Timing makes sense, seeing as they are apparently bring Civil War to the big screen starting with Cap 3. Check out the Cap 3 and MCU threads for a bit more info.
So...

Steve Rogers and Aunt May will be resurrected, I assume?

LMAO, they've been alive for years now!

First Blood

First Blood

Aunt May has to be like 150 by now.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 14, 2014, 11:46:39 PM
Aunt May has to be like 150 by now.

She's f**king immortal, it's ridiculous.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

We can thank Mephisto for that. :)

Spoiler
inb4 RazorSlash
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 14, 2014, 11:45:28 PM

wut

Timing makes sense, seeing as they are apparently bring Civil War to the big screen starting with Cap 3. Check out the Cap 3 and MCU threads for a bit more info.
So...

Seriously? I wouldn't know as I haven't read a new comic in yonks. When did this happen?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 15, 2014, 12:47:09 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 14, 2014, 11:45:28 PM

wut

So...

Seriously? I wouldn't know as I haven't read a new comic in yonks. When did this happen?

Some years ago, i think back in 2009 for Cap..before 2008 for sure with Aunt May.

Cap came back because, just like Batman, Cap was going through time or some shit. The bullet that killed him was a "time bullet" ? and..yeah.

Aunt May came back because Peter sold his marriage to Mephisto after trying every single thing to get Aunt May to live...which is really f**king ridiculous, I would suggest looking up Linkara's Video on One More Day because it really shows you how idiotic the entire thing is and after years of reading every rant I thought to myself..."I thought I had seen it all, but One More Day really is the stupidist f**king thing to ever happen in the history of Spider-Man."

20 years down the drain, we never knew what happened or did happen, etc. etc. Imagine the New 52 reboot, but just with Spidey's history...and everyone he has ever interacted with. Joe Quesada was like "I don't want Peter to stay married, he;s not relatable that way, and a divorce doesn't sent a good message for the children...I GOT IT, HE SHOULD MAKE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL, THAT'S TOTALLY A BETTER MESSAGE TO SEND CHILDREN!!!"

Yeah...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh for f**k...

That's precisely why I gave up on modern comics. Timelines are always being screwed up.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ghostbusters look like dog people. :laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Prometheus, Alien, and AvP: Fire and Stone...at first it was interesting and then it just got too much for me. The time gaps between the comics are really going to be a trial for those that decide to stick around, as for me I'm just dropping it.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

^Same. .. it's just getting more fanwanky and silly as it goes along..

The "transformed Elden" looks like a Contra boss.  :laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 19, 2014, 04:55:52 AM
^Same. .. it's just getting more fanwanky and silly as it goes along..

The "transformed Elden" looks like a Contra boss.  :laugh:

That's what threw me off. Too much comic book territory, a f**king shame he didn't look like he did in that one cover, would have been MUCH more amazing if he had looked that way.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I blame the AvP title.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 19, 2014, 05:01:17 AM
I blame the AvP title.

Yep, that's the one that f**ked it up. The story is not salvageable at this point to even continue on since we know that AvP is the final destination it's head, a real shame since it had real value at first.

Shasvre

Shasvre

So, anyone still keeping up to date with Marvel's Ultimate universe? I haven't read much of it since Doomsday, except for a few Spider-Man issues here and there. I was thinking of picking up Cataclysm. Is it any good? :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed