Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,690 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Aug 04, 2011, 10:36:21 PM
All star B&R is only funny if you're really into batman.

Least thats how I saw it.

Yeah, I'm almost tempted to see it as an intentional parody.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

The first time I read it I hated it, the second time I found it entertaining. I wonder if that was what Miller was going for, but I aughed my ass of when GL got the shit beaten outta him
But then I think of old Frank Miller Batman and I stop laughing at the thought that its come to this

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 04, 2011, 06:18:58 PM
Just read this and it was pretty decent. I liked how they keept Frank in the dark for most of the time, creating a great atmosphere. Not having him be the focus of the story was a nice touch as well. The art worked great, I really liked it.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7189/thepunisher1.jpg

Spoiler
Only thing I can't quite wrap my head around is why he let that guy live in the end.
[close]

Yeah, I"ll be keeping my eye on that.

Quote from: x2SMONEY on Aug 04, 2011, 06:25:35 PM
I should get back into Punisher

Do it now.

Quote from: x2SMONEY on Aug 05, 2011, 12:44:06 AM
The first time I read it I hated it, the second time I found it entertaining. I wonder if that was what Miller was going for, but I aughed my ass of when GL got the shit beaten outta him
But then I think of old Frank Miller Batman and I stop laughing at the thought that its come to this

Yeah, it's quite a pisstake. Batman is basically Rorschach with a cowl.  :laugh:

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Yeah, except more child molesteryish   :D

Keg

Keg

The Man Who Laughs just came through the post. Ill be getting stuck into that straight away. Is it almost a directly after Year One?

First Blood

First Blood

That's what they say or at least what Ed Brubaker says. By the way, have you read The Killing Joke yet? Don't remember if you mentioned reading that or not.  :)

Keg

Keg

Yeah. I really enjoyed The Killing Joke I thought it was fantastic.

Jokers
Spoiler
attack on Barbara was so sudden and brutal
[close]

Im really enjoying getting to see and read the stories that ive heard about for so long. Makes me appreciate the little nods in Arkham Asylum (the game) more. I played some of it the other day and one of the things Joker says on the tannoy is "Theres these two guys in an aslyum...oh wait have I told you this before". I thought that was fantastic.

Ive just finished The Man Who Laughs and it does seem to take place not too long after Year One, although Gordons line at the end of Year One now doesnt make much sense. He says "Somebody is trying to poison the Gotham resevoir, calls himself The Joker." but then in The Man Who Laughs, Jokers plot to do so isnt revealed until near the end so that little comment doesnt quite make sense anymore because he shouldnt have known at that stage.

It came with another story in the paperback called Made of Wood which saw Batman and Green Lantern team up to try and figure out a 50 year old series of murders that have restarted again. I enjoyed that too.

I also just finishing reading Arkham Asylum. That ending with Two-Face was fantastic.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: MudButt on Aug 04, 2011, 10:41:18 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Aug 04, 2011, 09:05:02 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Aug 04, 2011, 07:32:28 PM
I've been bored recently so I decided to get few graphic novels/comics, can anyone shoot me some good ones? My favorite characters are Batman and basically every character in Marvel, the main ones being Iron Man, Daredevil, Iron Fist, DeadPool, and Hawkeye.

Batman Year One
Iron Man Extremis
Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis Ultimate collection v1
Immortal Iron Fist v1
Hawkeye by Mark Gruenwald

Buy them.

Thank you good sir, I shall look into these.

For Deadpool get Deadpool Classic Volume 2-4  :)

I was away and got some Batman to read. Aeus and Huol be proud.

The Man Who Laughs

The Killing Joke

The Dark Knight Returns

I liked TDKR and TKJ the most out of the three and I'm kinda half and half with MWL. I still need to get The Long Halloween.

Keg

Keg

Im awaiting The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush and Heart of Hush in the post!  ;D

I enjoyed The Man Who Laughs almost as much as The Killing Joke but I certainly wouldnt argue TKJ is the better of the two.

Not really sure what to read after that.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I got my hands on the new Venom series 1-5.

I love it thus far. :)

I also got Ghost Rider Fear Itself 1.

I thought it was interesting.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Aug 06, 2011, 04:47:47 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Aug 04, 2011, 10:41:18 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Aug 04, 2011, 09:05:02 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Aug 04, 2011, 07:32:28 PM
I've been bored recently so I decided to get few graphic novels/comics, can anyone shoot me some good ones? My favorite characters are Batman and basically every character in Marvel, the main ones being Iron Man, Daredevil, Iron Fist, DeadPool, and Hawkeye.

Batman Year One
Iron Man Extremis
Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis Ultimate collection v1
Immortal Iron Fist v1
Hawkeye by Mark Gruenwald

Buy them.

Thank you good sir, I shall look into these.

For Deadpool get Deadpool Classic Volume 2-4  :)

I was away and got some Batman to read. Aeus and Huol be proud.

The Man Who Laughs

The Killing Joke

The Dark Knight Returns

I liked TDKR and TKJ the most out of the three and I'm kinda half and half with MWL. I still need to get The Long Halloween.

Thanks both of you, I ended up getting Year One, The Killing Joke, TDKR, The Immortal Iron Fist, Iron Man Extremis, and Deadpool Classic Volume 2. I shall enjoy reading these  8)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Keg on Aug 06, 2011, 04:58:55 PM
Im awaiting The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush and Heart of Hush in the post!  ;D

I enjoyed The Man Who Laughs almost as much as The Killing Joke but I certainly wouldnt argue TKJ is the better of the two.

Not really sure what to read after that.

Be sure to check out Joker by Brian Azzarello.  ;)

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

I actually bought the paperback version of The Dark Knight Returns today. I've only read it on my computer before, but it felt like a totally different experience reading the actual book. I've only read the first chapter so far, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I usually do.

First Blood

First Blood

Picked up some Walking Dead (8-11)

Just recently finished volume 8...

Awful shit.

Spoiler
Tyreese, Axel, Patricia, Billy, Hershel, Lori and Judith all gone.

F**k sake, that part with The Governor executing Tyreese was just brutal.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 06, 2011, 09:15:09 PMPicked up some Walking Dead (8-11)

Just recently finished volume 8...

Awful shit.

Spoiler
Tyreese, Axel, Patricia, Billy, Hershel, Lori and Judith all gone.

F**k sake, that part with The Governor executing Tyreese was just brutal.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, especially Lori and Judith caught me by surprise.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed