Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,366 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

QuoteIt's a whole new meaning for "red state" as Carnage's maniacal reign of terror continues, courtesy of the critically acclaimed creative team of Zeb Wells and Clayton Crain, in Carnage USA #1 (of 5)! With Carnage leaving a wake of bloodshed and lunacy throughout the nation, Spider-Man and the Avengers must go on a brutal hunt to capture Cletus Kasaday before the American heartland falls under his mass-murdering spell.

Buckle in and prepare for a violence packed adventure as Carnage, joined by a symbiote army, continues his vengeance fueled comeback. Destined to be the most mind-blowing cross country tour fans have ever taken, Carnage U.S.A. wants YOU this December!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=39512

Hell yes, I'll read this. ;D

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 15, 2011, 08:28:19 PM
What characters do you like specifically from each company?
I liked the mythology of everything, really. With the exception of X-Men which was kind of hard to get into, I liked practically everything.
And then Spider Man got rebooted basically, and DC started to implode under too many crises. So I just started reading other things, like Walking Dead, Fables, DMZ etc.

Aeus

Aeus

Captain America under Brubaker is pretty consistent. Scott Snyder's new Batman series should be a hoot. If you like Daredevil and the Punisher they're getting new creative teams this june/july, both worth checking out.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 15, 2011, 08:40:24 PM
QuoteIt's a whole new meaning for "red state" as Carnage's maniacal reign of terror continues, courtesy of the critically acclaimed creative team of Zeb Wells and Clayton Crain, in Carnage USA #1 (of 5)! With Carnage leaving a wake of bloodshed and lunacy throughout the nation, Spider-Man and the Avengers must go on a brutal hunt to capture Cletus Kasaday before the American heartland falls under his mass-murdering spell.

Buckle in and prepare for a violence packed adventure as Carnage, joined by a symbiote army, continues his vengeance fueled comeback. Destined to be the most mind-blowing cross country tour fans have ever taken, Carnage U.S.A. wants YOU this December!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=39512

This looks hilarious.
Might read.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 15, 2011, 08:40:24 PM

Yuck. Personally I never understood the appeal of Venom or Carnage. Not sure if it's a 90's generational thing. I enjoyed McFarlane's run with the character Venom on Amazing Spider-Man but since then I've just no real interest in either character. I wan't mah' Sinister Six.

Aeus

Huol

Huol

Will be reading.

Daken

Daken

The thing with reboots of books (Punisher, Daredevil,) is that the creative teams only last maybe 10 issues before it gets all messed up with different writer/artist. Looking at allot of series come an gone its like why bother. They should just do 5 issue limited series cause most artist can't stay on track long. Not saying all but most.

Aeus

Aeus

Waids writes a series for ages, and he plans to do the same with DD.

And the mini DD End of Days is coming out in september I think.

Best of both worlds.

---

more preview art

---

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu-scott-snyder-batman-relaunch-110609.html

I love the direction he's taking this.

Still wish the Batman and Robin title was for Dick and Damian though.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Daken on Jun 16, 2011, 06:41:45 AM
The thing with reboots of books (Punisher, Daredevil,) is that the creative teams only last maybe 10 issues before it gets all messed up with different writer/artist. Looking at allot of series come an gone its like why bother. They should just do 5 issue limited series cause most artist can't stay on track long. Not saying all but most.

That's why I stopped reading The Walking Dead, which I was very impressed with.  After the first volume, though, the artist changes and I could never adjust after getting into the story and characters with the first artist.  I hate it when they do that, I mean there are plenty of artists trying to find work; the comics industry is such a bloody mess...

Huol

Huol

Aeus

Aeus

Sup Tim

Huol

Huol

I am buying The Filth.

I may be gone some time...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Does Straczynski still write anything?

Also, does anybody read the Buffy Season 8 comics? I just finished it.

Daken

Daken

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 16, 2011, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Daken on Jun 16, 2011, 06:41:45 AM

That's why I stopped reading The Walking Dead, which I was very impressed with.  After the first volume, though, the artist changes and I could never adjust after getting into the story and characters with the first artist.  I hate it when they do that, I mean there are plenty of artists trying to find work; the comics industry is such a bloody mess...
I agree with you there but it seems Marvel is in the worst shape. I've been reading Marvel mainly for a long time an the art just keeps getting worse. I think in terms of quality DC is the best.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed