Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,383 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Started reading some more of Christopher Priest's Deadpool run and the issue where he gains the power of Thor is certainly a great one. :D Hopefully this run is just as good as Joe Kelly's, but it'll certainly be hard to top.

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 27, 2011, 05:41:19 PM
Geoff Johns will relaunch Aquaman. :)

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=33944

"After BRIGHTEST DAY I'll be moving over to a new book - AQUAMAN #1 coming later this year!! :)"

Some of you might be tired of Johns, but I think he did an amazing job with Green Lantern, Superman and The Flash.

i've only read his JSA run, (which is great, check it out if you haven't) and like an issue of blackest night. i've always felt aquaman gets a bad rep, when utilised right he can be an interesting character, i'd love to see what GJ does with him.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Loved Peter David's run on Aquaman, but no one else ever really 'got' him. Probably will skip this one, just because I'm spending so much money elsewhere with DC right now - there are seven monthly titles right now with "batman" in the title, not counting Batwoman, Batgirl, Red Robin, or Gotham City Sirens.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Never gave my thoughts on TWD 13 yesterday...

Spoiler
One of my favorite things in the series at this point is Carl. For the past few volumes, I feel that he has completely stolen the show. I really loved the scene when he found out that Rick still carries the phone. Really sad stuff. I feel that, if Rick dies at any point in the series, Carl will certainly be able to fill his place, not as leader of the group, but as the main character. And really, things aren't looking so well for Rick. Rick seems to have regained a bit of his humanity, but the things he has done in the past still weigh down on him. He's still making some poor choices. And now, it seems like the man in charge (whose name slips my mind at the moment), left him in charge of the community.
[close]

I can't wait for Volume 14 to come out in a few months! I think he most recent issue was 82, and Volume 14 is set to collect 79-84. I don't know how I'll be able to survive the wait between 14 and 15...maybe I will start picking up the issues, but then my OCD will yell at me for not being consistent, and my wallet will yell at me for the cost...

Shasvre

Shasvre

There are... other ways of reading TWK you know. ;)

Speaking of it, I read the first five issues earlier today and boy was Rick different back then. Andrea too for that matter, even though she have managed to go through the series with her sanity intact.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 27, 2011, 07:46:09 PM

Yeah, because Kirkman obviously doesn't deserve to make any money from creating TWD. And certainly, comic shops don't deserve to actually stay open, I mean, that would just be ridiculous.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Speaking of it, I read the first five issues earlier today and boy was Rick different back then. Andrea too for that matter, even though she have managed to go through the series with her sanity intact.
Spoiler
Yeah, I'm actually kind of surprised that Andrea is still so...normal. Even after the people she's killed. Maybe its because she never got a chance to meet any of them, they were just working for people she hated.
[close]

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 27, 2011, 07:49:55 PM
And certainly, comic shops don't deserve to actually stay open, I mean, that would just be ridiculous.
That's one other reason I would like to start buying the actual issues and not the TPBs, but there is not a single comic shop near me. :( I guess I make up for it by supporting the baseball card store near me.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 27, 2011, 07:49:55 PMYeah, because Kirkman obviously doesn't deserve to make any money from creating TWD. And certainly, comic shops don't deserve to actually stay open, I mean, that would just be ridiculous.

Or maybe you missed the part where he's going to buy the collected editions anyway, thus making sure Kirkman & Co gets what they deserve. As for myself, there isn't a store I know of that sell the single issues of TWD, so I've been getting the hardcovers whenever they're available. But I'm sure as hell not waiting 12 issues before I can read them. :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Anyone going to be getting these? I might if they become a TPB afterward.

http://www.comicbooknews.us/comicbooknewsstory.asp?story=4852

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 27, 2011, 08:01:05 PM
Or maybe you missed the part where he's going to buy the collected editions anyway, thus making sure Kirkman & Co gets what they deserve. As for myself, there isn't a store I know of that sell the single issues of TWD, so I've been getting the hardcovers whenever they're available. But I'm sure as hell not waiting 12 issues before I can read them. :P

Sorry. You know how touchy I am about piracy. Especially since I've been sitting in my shop empty virtually all day today. I still disagree with doing it that way, since you're choosing to purchase a product that isn't released until after a certain number of printings of the initial material, but I don't disagree enough to argue about it.

Huol

Huol

...25gb and counting

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 27, 2011, 08:09:15 PMSorry. You know how touchy I am about piracy. Especially since I've been sitting in my shop empty virtually all day today. I still disagree with doing it that way, since you're choosing to purchase a product that isn't released until after a certain number of printings of the initial material, but I don't disagree enough to argue about it.

I can understand that you don't like piracy. As for buying the hardcovers instead of single issues, it's not like I have much of a choice. Only way to get them would be to import, and then the shipping would be five times the price of the comic itself.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 27, 2011, 08:09:15 PMSorry. You know how touchy I am about piracy. Especially since I've been sitting in my shop empty virtually all day today. I still disagree with doing it that way, since you're choosing to purchase a product that isn't released until after a certain number of printings of the initial material, but I don't disagree enough to argue about it.

There isn't a single comic book shop in my area so I have to wait for the TPBs to be released online, but if there was a local comic book shop I'd be in it as many times as possible. :-\

Shasvre

Shasvre

There is one place not very far from me that sells comics, but they don't have much since their focus is sci-fi books and such. And all they have are collected editions as well, no single issues at all.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

it's manga, manga everywhere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed