Facehugger: How did it know to go for Kane's face?

Started by motherfather, Jan 08, 2024, 07:40:24 PM

Author
Facehugger: How did it know to go for Kane's face? (Read 4,090 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2024, 11:37:03 PMHis lies and mistakes are exposed in the film - that wasn't one of them.

When one note is off, it destroys the whole symphony.

SiL

Media literacy is truly dead.

SM

Cremated, the ashes eaten by pigs and shat out.

SiL

Look to be fair someone could use that line as a way out.

Covenant doesn't.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Jan 25, 2024, 10:18:37 AMLook to be fair someone could use that line as a way out.

Covenant doesn't.

David barely speaks a word of truth throughout Covenant; scarcely anything he says can be taken as reality. He's entirely self-aggrandizing ("And are you that next visionary?" "I'm glad you said it.") and is likely lying about creating the Xenomorph. It is there.

In light of expanded sources, it's somewhat apparent that David succeeded where the Engineers failed in creating a Xenomorph, just not the original. He surpassed the mainline model in some respects, but fell short of it in others.

SM

And then another pig ate the first pigs poo.

SiL

The films do not give a rats ass about the expanded material. This is not news.

Jonjamess

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2024, 02:31:56 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2024, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: Jonjamess on Jan 23, 2024, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 21, 2024, 01:26:27 AMIf David made the eggs/face huggers - those are David's Eggs on the Derelict.

Same beastie.
Where is it ever explicitly stated David invented the Alien? It not. In fact what is explicitly stated is he DIDNT create the Alien. There's a huge mural in Prometheus with an Alien/Decon on it.

It's implied he created a 'version' of the Alien.

The film explicitly states it.

"I found perfection here. I've created it. Perfect Organism"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YypOJvThyqk

Sorry just because he says he's created the perfect organism it doesn't mean he outright created the Alien and that he was the first one to do it.

He THINKS he's created the Alien because he hasn't seen any others like it. Does not at all mean they don't exist. He just hasn't come across them.

It would be like me thinking I've invented something and I'm the first because I haven't seen anything else like it in person. Doesn't mean it doesn't already exist and someone's patented it! It's just I haven't seen one!

SiL

No.

The movie walks us through his entire creation process. It's not saying he thinks he did it, it's saying he did it.

Maybe they'll change it later.

But the film is very clear in saying David makes the Alien. Not an Alien. Not his version. The Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 25, 2024, 12:59:13 PMNo.

The movie walks us through his entire creation process. It's not saying he thinks he did it, it's saying he did it.

Maybe they'll change it later.

But the film is very clear in saying David makes the Alien. Not an Alien. Not his version. The Alien.

As much as I'm not sold on the idea, this ^^^. Alien: Covenant tells us David made the Aliens. He's wrong about other things, the movie points this out. It doesn't do this when it comes to the Aliens.

There are many possible ways to retcon this in the future. Hopefully they do.

Highland

When the trailer fist hit for Prometheus a lot of people ( me included)  thought that maybe David would be responsible for the Alien as in - he gets infected and the resulting organism is part alien machine part android so the idea was floating around even at the very start.

I actually like this idea better than what we got. 

Corporal Hicks

That's what I'm fearful Scott would do in a 3rd movie. The Space Jockey in the Derelict ends up being David inside an Engineer suit and that's how the Alien becomes biomechanical.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah... no thank you.

Highland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2024, 03:28:49 PMThat's what I'm fearful Scott would do in a 3rd movie. The Space Jockey in the Derelict ends up being David inside an Engineer suit and that's how the Alien becomes biomechanical.

Yeah that's a step too far  :-\ . I still would have liked to have him to complete the movies though.

Corporal Hicks

I don't trust him not to do that, so I really don't want him to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed