Is David a newer design of the Replicant from Blade Runner?

Started by BenditlikeBeckum, Nov 25, 2023, 06:52:53 PM

Author
Is David a newer design of the Replicant from Blade Runner? (Read 1,652 times)

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

So after watching BladeRunner and 2049 it appears that replicants were positioned as a way to get more slave labour into the world trade agreement.
But it seems that replicants were more than just clones of clones.
They were manufactured literally in a human factory shop that comes with eyeballs tagged with their nexus # Identification numbers and then, at the will of someone like Wallace would ask that one be spat out of the chop shop in the upstairs high-tech loft of nanoproduction of organ replication and have him demonstrate how pitiful they were.
I begin to think that replicants were just a way to put the drama into what is already pretty outright and outrageous to even think about, that is, adding cloned human beings into a science fiction tale made to answer the problem of under-population/climate change and made them up so that they are all expendable assets.They needed more chew to the bite, so they made them super human with indestructible qualities (in a world without Wallace super secret exacto knife that can cut through anything).

Remember all those times Joe gets blown up be an incinderary device and he AND his D&G leather jacket is still in good reselling condition and just shakes it off and slowly and gingerly opens the door to the next room. ok....film making at its best, so what?

I thought this a bit much.But the truth is Blade Runner seemed to have started off as an interesting thing, but needed more action and fighting....so the indestructible bit needed its place. In reality, it is quite possible because the sense of nanomaterials being indestructable paves the way for antigravity products and faster than light travel with gravitation within a ship to be capable for human living (especially when they make films on it with pool tables and billiard/basket balls that bounce around realistically).

Well with all that said, there is a lot to say about how David 8 was created, how he is vulnerable and how it relates to replicants.

At some point, nanomaterial makers might have insisted on making products less indestructible and synthetic skin more vulnerable simliar to that of humans. So they made Replicants with "less complications (being superhuman) and more like us" (this very statement is a quote from A:Covenant). Thus, David can be destructible since you can jab him in the throat with a flute and have him piss all over the floor with his synthetic juices all for the sake of story and drama. Which is cool...but they allow him to transfer his persona or memories to another of the same product line. Cool.I get it.

So there is a difference. He is made up of synthetically made organs (the shortfilms from Prometheus shows this) and he is also destructible and therefore not super human.
Might we have a Nexus 8 vs David 8 intervention? Wallace design vs Hyperdyne? Did I get it right? Hyperdyne were the ones who created synthetics?
Might we have a human synthetic vs a super human synthetic story? That would be cool right? maybe they are doing it right now with the tv show.

BlueMarsalis79

I am not sure what you are asking exactly but, Noah Hawley might provide an answer.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

for you to say  'thats pretty cool' would be adequate. Agreement that is unheard of in this forum. Usually its more like "well you're not part of the Friends tv show Alum so I can't agree." or "Frasier Alumists would would not feel cosher about this."

And don't ever respond to me like this or I'll start crying :(:

SM

Human synthetics are already superhuman. Robots in Alien can still operate when reduced to a head and one arm. Shoot a replicant once and they're dead.

Still Collating...

Not talking about how they're not the same universe, but the main difference apart from what SM said is that Replicants are biological human slave clone things, that are a bit superhuman and have actual red, real blood. Synths are silicone/plastic pure artificial robots that are designed to mimic, think and feel like humans. Completely different things IMO. 

Immortan Jonesy

Raised by Wolves androids are really milky like the ones from Alien movies. However, the ones of the Necromancer kind have super powers.😅

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2023, 09:23:10 PMHuman synthetics are already superhuman. Robots in Alien can still operate when reduced to a head and one arm. Shoot a replicant once and they're dead.

Thats right. But it has to be a fatal shot.

Raised by Wolves is more like in the far far future beyond both bd and alien timelines. possibly a merging of the two technologies.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 26, 2023, 12:41:29 AMNot talking about how they're not the same universe, but the main difference apart from what SM said is that Replicants are biological human slave clone things, that are a bit superhuman and have actual red, real blood. Synths are silicone/plastic pure artificial robots that are designed to mimic, think and feel like humans. Completely different things IMO. 
I would love to see more of the process of BD androids and maybe how they both or similar or how much they are different. Something tells me one process could be biologically grown and some grown independent of a body (hense those ripperdoc type people chopping eyeballs on the black market like in BD1).
I recall beings in the big tubes in BD 2040 where as prometheus shorts showed lots of prefabricated printed parts but some of it was somewhat grown from within them.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Nov 25, 2023, 07:48:29 PMfor you to say  'thats pretty cool' would be adequate. Agreement that is unheard of in this forum.

You have a shitty attitude. You made a post asking an opinion, someone responded. You don't get to tell her how she should respond, and then berate the forum that you are asking the opinions of.

Into the ignore list you go.

SM

QuoteThats right. But it has to be a fatal shot.

Indeed. If it's not a fatal shot they would not be dead.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Nov 26, 2023, 09:51:57 PM
Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Nov 25, 2023, 07:48:29 PMfor you to say  'thats pretty cool' would be adequate. Agreement that is unheard of in this forum.

You have a shitty attitude. You made a post asking an opinion, someone responded. You don't get to tell her how she should respond, and then berate the forum that you are asking the opinions of.

Into the ignore list you go.

Not everyone is ready for attitude + response/opinion. Some people just need to check their tone. Plus I'm sensitive. Don't be a dick.

SiL

You're not sensitive, you're an asshole.

Corporal Hicks

And banned. Already been warned once about the attitude and behavior and was told it was your one and only.

Nightmare Asylum

With that settled, using the phrase "TV Alum" to describe people that have come up/primarily worked in TV rather than film wasn't that insane a thing for me to say, was it? :laugh:

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2023, 01:04:12 PMWith that settled, using the phrase "TV Alum" to describe people that have come up/primarily worked in TV rather than film wasn't that insane a thing for me to say, was it? :laugh:

I wouldn't have said so. 😅 Not sure what the problem was... 🤷🏻

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed