Ascension

Started by littlesprout, Oct 11, 2023, 03:59:45 AM

Author
Ascension (Read 1,186 times)

littlesprout

littlesprout

Just a fun little story that ties into some other fan fics of mine. I try to have it in a very poorly made screenplay format just cause I see it more as a film idea in my head. Either way just for fun hope you like!

(I could have drawn it out but i got tired of typing)

TC

TC

Thanks for sharing! I liked that  :)

I generally refrain from criticizing  people's fanfic unless they explicitly invite it, so I only have two comments:

- It's traditional in Alien stories that everyone to gets referred to by surname. Not vital of course, and it doesn't affect the story one jot, it's just a trope that's grown up with the franchise. (General exceptions are children and androids.)

- If you want to improve the layout you can try submitting it to ChatGPT. Tell it to convert it to screenplay format. But it will definitely screw up unless you manually go through it first and before each scene type in a scene heading e.g.

INT. CAPTAIN'S CABIN - NIGHT

or

EXT. PATH TO CAVE - DAY

The results will still need tweaking but it will at least give you a head start.

Hope that helps.

TC

littlesprout

littlesprout

Quote from: TC on Oct 15, 2023, 03:32:13 AMThanks for sharing! I liked that  :)

I generally refrain from criticizing  people's fanfic unless they explicitly invite it, so I only have two comments:

- It's traditional in Alien stories that everyone to gets referred to by surname. Not vital of course, and it doesn't affect the story one jot, it's just a trope that's grown up with the franchise. (General exceptions are children and androids.)

- If you want to improve the layout you can try submitting it to ChatGPT. Tell it to convert it to screenplay format. But it will definitely screw up unless you manually go through it first and before each scene type in a scene heading e.g.

INT. CAPTAIN'S CABIN - NIGHT

or

EXT. PATH TO CAVE - DAY

The results will still need tweaking but it will at least give you a head start.

Hope that helps.

TC

How nice of you, thanks for reading! I appreciate the feedback and I'll add that I do have other ones written in traditional screenplay format. NGL with this one I was just lazy and wanted to have it done, but maybe I'll go back and edit it and make it look good, thanks again!

TC

TC

Quote from: littlesprout on Oct 15, 2023, 04:19:53 AM...I do have other ones written in traditional screenplay format. NGL with this one I was just lazy and wanted to have it done, but maybe I'll go back and edit it and make it look good, thanks again!

If you're writing in a word processor like MS Office Word then you're right - screenplay format is annoying and troublesome and a big turn-off.

But there are free ones available that do a lot to take the pain out of the process. I usually recommend Trelby (PC only, no Mac) which is rather old but solid:

https://www.trelby.org/

But lately I've been recommending WriterSolo (PC and Mac) which has more bells and whistles:

https://writersolo.com/

If you go to that URL you'll see that it is a web-based app but you can download a locally installable version by going to Help > Download Desktop App (this is still free).

And if you're willing to pay some money then the options are obviously much greater.

TC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed