Why did the folk of Hadley’s Hope not send a signal?

Started by St_Eddie, Mar 08, 2022, 08:36:14 AM

Author
Why did the folk of Hadley’s Hope not send a signal? (Read 16,301 times)

SM

Makes the most sense to me.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: razeak on Jan 29, 2024, 01:14:06 AMOh.. I was all for the shot went sideways very quickly and damage hit before they realized it was something they couldn't contain and the transmitter was damaged by then.

Ditto.

Local Trouble

Quote from: razeak on Jan 29, 2024, 01:14:06 AMOh.. I was all for the shot went sideways very quickly and damage hit before they realized it was something they couldn't contain and the transmitter was damaged by then.

Looks like it just got ratified.

razeak

It also needs an edit lol. What was I thinking?

Xenomrph

Quote from: razeak on Jan 29, 2024, 02:17:18 AMIt also needs an edit lol. What was I thinking?
Channeling your inner Ralfy?

SM

Quote from: razeak on Jan 29, 2024, 02:17:18 AMIt also needs an edit lol. What was I thinking?

That you really needed to go take a shot?

oduodu

oduodu

i asked about the size of lv 426 because if there were more say 10 or 15 ap s then it would be highly  likely that the planet s surface would have been very thorouhly surveyed. hence why the derelict not being discovered? but yes not really relevant to the discussion at hand. 

i will mostly give sm the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his motivation or reasoning or his beliefs when it comes to the alien franchise.

fwiw

sorry if  my "the movie is always right/wasn t presented onscreen " kills off discussion. i just hate it if people talk past one another when it s obvious they are not even on the same page. but then explaining the same thing ad infinitum blunts one s enthusiasm for discussion i guess.

got schooled today: lesson learned: is it a movie franchise or a film franchise. so it s the initial presentation source that defines that?

so game of thrones is a book franchise?

SM

My comment wasn't directed at you or intended to 'school' anyone as such. Sorry if that's how you took it.

Go with whatever works for you. I do.  :)

Re: GoT that's an odd one since the TV show went beyond the books. I guess it would depend on what the discrepancy is.

SiL

You would treat them as separate. If you're talking the books you wouldn't start "well actually"ing someone about what the show did.

oduodu

oduodu

many thanks folks

sm

dont worry. i  am just glad i learned some thing i didn t know before. it adds to my ability to look at and reason about movies , canon and such.

sil

will also add that to my "rationale" basket.

razeak

It's a discussion board on the Internet. Don't sweat it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: oduodu on Jan 29, 2024, 08:03:36 AMgot schooled today: lesson learned: is it a movie franchise or a film franchise. so it s the initial presentation source that defines that?

so game of thrones is a book franchise?

Separate continuities.  Just like the MCU and the comics. 

But in a situation where the novels, comics, etc. are an extension of a continuity started by the films (e.g. Alien and Star Wars), I'd say the films trump those novels, comics, etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed