The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 62,737 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 26, 2018, 10:59:47 PM
I saw Chattanooga on the VA sign. Is this movie set in Tennessee? If it is I'm definitely going to see it.

The "welcome parents and STD'S" joke was hilarious too.

Spoiler
If I remember correctly, the bulk of the movie takes place in a GA suburb.  But one of the larger Southern state-run psychiatric hospitals is located there, so that's probably where the whole Chattanooga VA thing comes into play. Popular place in the medical field down here.  Our patients get lots of referrals to both places.
[close]

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 27, 2018, 01:00:31 AM
"Predators don't just sit around making hats out of rib cages. They conquered space."*points to head- Think about it.*

I like this line, basically saying what everyone's been thinking for so long. Do these advanced beings really do nothing but hunt for trophies all day like a bunch of dumb-ass savages? Nope. can't wait to see what the Predators are really about.

I'd hope not, but that's what the movies/comics have portrayed thus far  :P

Prez

Prez

Much better trailer. This looks fun.

And that poster is absolutely boss!

germanator2

germanator2

At the 00:42 mark, Sterling K. Brown brief laugh very reminiscent to Billy's laugh. A nice callback and I wonder if we will get another mimic of someone's laugh. That would be great

newbeing

newbeing

I know what I like... and I like this.

That "If your mom was a video game" joke got me, mostly because of Keegan-Michael Key's delivery.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I like everything about it, but there's one deal breaker for me and that's the cast.  Not saying they're bad, I like the inclusion of Jake Busey in particular, but the people they've chosen and the characters don't interest me that much.  Not as much as Alien Covenant did, and that was just from the trailers.  But I'll still give it a chance, regardless.

Danversity

Danversity

I f**king love this trailer. And the poster. The poster is just different from anything I'd expect from the movie, in a beautiful way. Like many here said, looks like the cover for a Predator comic book. And this trailer just got everything right. I love the display of Black's writing, really dig Sterling K. Brown's lines and just how intense the dialogue sounds. Plus, a better glimpse at Larry Fong's cinematography, which is one of the things I've been looking forward the most. That shot of the Captured (Fugitive now, I guess) Predator putting on his mask in a red lit chamber and his eyes glowing blue? f**king iconic.

Our react to the trailer is here:

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

I just want to point out that "Predators" is now officially their canon name, not "Yautja" or whatever bullshit Klingon name from the comics and novels.

ace3g

ace3g

SM

SM

Keyes called it a Predator in Predator 2.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 27, 2018, 03:30:50 AM
I just want to point out that "Predators" is now officially their canon name, not "Yautja" or whatever bullshit Klingon name from the comics and novels.

Well reminded.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Granted the Predators in the books/comics only referred to themselves as "Yautja"...

SM

SM

IIRC in Rage War some Predators weren't even familiar with that term.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Campea's trailer review

Huggs

Huggs

What I'm wondering is if Keegan will get blasted while yelling "Fus Ro Dah!"

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2018, 04:41:30 AM
IIRC in Rage War some Predators weren't even familiar with that term.

How did that conversation go? Were they all like "WTF you call me?!"

Personally, I don't want it to ever be established in the movies, but if people want to write stories with the term then so be it. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed