IGN's Blu-ray review.

Started by That Yellow Alien, Mar 29, 2008, 04:15:47 AM

Author
IGN's Blu-ray review. (Read 10,163 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

i guess i'll buy this once it hits the bargain bin.
then it might be worth the money.

Richman678

Richman678

I wish he would randomly answer the questions regarding the new reproduction method. God knows we have been arguing about it since the movies release.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Mar 30, 2008, 04:01:40 AM
Quote from: Chocolate man! on Mar 30, 2008, 03:48:38 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 30, 2008, 03:38:47 AM
Colin, you said a while ago that you brightened up some of the battle sequences.
What sequences exactly if i may ask?

I'm pretty sure he said that he brightened up the whole film from start to finish.

It wasn't so much just brightening as it was getting the contrast correct. The sewer sequence is still dark (because we like it that way), but the highlights are brighter on everything and the red lasers really have some strong "punch" now.  Any scene that got too "murky" we tried to clean up as well, so that way you can still see it, but nothing will be so bright that it will look "flat".

What about the hospital fight?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I will still buy it for the collection.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Mar 30, 2008, 04:46:11 AM
Quote from: fluxcap on Mar 30, 2008, 04:29:35 AM
Interesting. To buy the blu-ray for superior picture quality or the feature laden R2 dvd...choices choices....
I have pondered this question as well, and both times i come up with the following answer: why can't I just get both?
lol if I had as much disposable income as I used to, I would probably do that. I'm leaning towards the European release cause of the mondo features, plus the picture quality isn't stellar on the blu-ray so I don't see the point. Importing that disc will cost me $29.16..meh I may do it.

Cellien

Cellien

I'm a picture quality whore so the Blu-Ray gets my vote.  Don't care too much about extras unless it's an extended cut of the movie.  Still don't have an overpriced Blu-Ray player though.. Wish they'd just come out with a cheapy basic player.. but that would kill PS3 sales since that's the main attraction point of it. :)

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: Cellien on Mar 31, 2008, 07:25:16 PM
Wish they'd just come out with a cheapy basic player.. but that would kill PS3 sales since that's the main attraction point of it. :)
Unless of course your a Metal Gear/Gran Turismo/Socom/Resistance whore.
*air hump

severen76

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: fluxcap on Mar 31, 2008, 07:28:34 PM
Wish they'd just come out with a cheapy basic player.. but that would kill PS3 sales since that's the main attraction point of it. :)
Unless of course your a Metal Gear/Gran Turismo/Socom/Resistance whore.
*air hump

I'm not.. Resistance 2 looks decent from those vids, but I hated the last one.  I just want blu-ray.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm not getting a blue-ray player until they've worked out the bugs.

Until then, upscaling DVD player it is.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

I'm a picture quality whore so the Blu-Ray gets my vote.  Don't care too much about extras unless it's an extended cut of the movie.  Still don't have an overpriced Blu-Ray player though.. Wish they'd just come out with a cheapy basic player.. but that would kill PS3 sales since that's the main attraction point of it. :)

you allready can get non PS3 bluray players.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Apr 01, 2008, 07:26:50 AM

you allready can get non PS3 bluray players.

Yeah, but for the same price.  I said CHEAP basic player.  Sony's strategically put the price-points so close so that it feels like buying a stand alone player is a bad deal.. which it is.  So it's $400 either way.  Just not worth it for me.  I don't want a Playstation so I'll wait till the prices are lower.

bobcunk

bobcunk

there are some pc blu-ray drives for under $200 but im wiating for a cheap blu-ray burner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed