IGN's Blu-ray review.

Started by That Yellow Alien, Mar 29, 2008, 04:15:47 AM

Author
IGN's Blu-ray review. (Read 10,164 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Gazz on Mar 29, 2008, 03:48:14 PM
Of course they gave it 7/10.

IGN is a fox owned website.

So is RottenTomatoes and it has a 17%.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Mar 29, 2008, 03:55:15 PM

So is RottenTomatoes and it has a 17%.

But the reviews are not created especially for RT or by RT staff.

RT is simply a review database whereas IGN is not. Evade the obvious much?

frenchpred

frenchpred

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

LOL woow this sucks but o well i just hope they changed the scene of jessies death with her getting cut in half if not then i wont be buying this anytime soon

Keyes

Keyes

The Unrated cut should be 7 minutes longer than the theatrical. "No new scenes"? How about the graveyard sequence.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Fox made Epic Movie but IGN give it a zero.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

This would have scared me if we didn't already get a review of the unrated from a fan on the boards who saw it and listed a load of changes.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Mar 29, 2008, 08:29:02 PM

Fox made Epic Movie but IGN give it a zero.

There are exceptions to the rule.

Films that do not require good reviews (Epic Movie for instance) will not get them (the series has already shown that in spite of consistently terrible reviews there has always been an audiance). With a blu-ray due out soon and an under-preformance in the US (lowest grossing of the series bar P2 thus far) it relies much more heavily upon word of mouth/ reviews. Hence why we are currently upto our neck in several variations of the same packaged dvd also.

It'd be niave for you to think the website that held many AvP-R exclusives and owned by the very studio that financed/ distributed the film isn't somewhat biased in its opinion.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Jumper.

Gazz

Gazz

3/5 and 6/10 US review by IGN for Jumper.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Must have revised it. It was lower.

Craig

Craig

The "un rated hardcore deleted scenes" that were added back must be so unnoticeable and irrelevant the reviewer didn't notice nor care. Similar to A:R's special edition.

fluxcap

fluxcap

My only reason to buy this disc was for 1080p, they couldn't even do that right since they didn't bother brightening the picture. I'll get the dvd when its pre-owned down to $9.99 at blockbuster.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Craig on Mar 30, 2008, 01:52:05 AM
The "un rated hardcore deleted scenes" that were added back must be so unnoticeable and irrelevant the reviewer didn't notice nor care. Similar to A:R's special edition.
I like some of the changes made to AR. Fleshes out the story more.

Except for that bad opening with the dead bug.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Mar 29, 2008, 05:45:10 PM
The Unrated cut should be 7 minutes longer than the theatrical. "No new scenes"? How about the graveyard sequence.

And the extended power-plant, and the new scene in the house with Kelly and Tim talking about her being gone from the family so long, and Carrie's chest burst, and the Predator putting on the mask inside the crashed ship, etc, etc. It sounds like this reviewer either didn't watch it, or didn't pay any attention.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed