The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,896 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on May 18, 2016, 07:53:53 AMI dont get it, the first half of Season 3 was quite boring and dragged on and the same for season 5 up untill episodes 8,9 and 10. Now things are finally speeding up again and people get bored. :-/
Completely agree. Things are finally starting to get a course and lead into something. It was the past seasons the ones that usually lead into unknown results, now finally the plot is speeding up and we get some payoffs. Forced stuff aside (Jon's resurrection is awful) I think this season has been solid so far, and a big improvement after the two previous ones.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Maybe it's just me.  The scenes seem shorter, and lack the depth of past seasons.  I don't mind an episode of characters just talking.  Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Cersei, Lady Olenna, they are great characters with awesome dialogue, but this season, I don't know, it just feels empty.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 18, 2016, 04:13:28 PM
Maybe it's just me.  The scenes seem shorter, and lack the depth of past seasons.  I don't mind an episode of characters just talking.  Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Cersei, Lady Olenna, they are great characters with awesome dialogue, but this season, I don't know, it just feels empty.
Things are setting up and everyone's getting their armies together. Do you think that's "just talking". At least the show promises shit is about to hit the fan.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Does it though?  I'm not getting that feeling.  To me they are rushing to points to service impatient fans.  I haven't bought into Ramsay since the whole 'twenty good men' thing.  Jaime Lannister's amazing character arc has been thrown away completely.  Tommen is tedious. 

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 18, 2016, 04:35:45 PMDoes it though?  I'm not getting that feeling.  To me they are rushing to points to service impatient fans.
That's better than artificially making the series longer and longer while waiting for the books to catch on. They're simply streamlining everything to finish the series in two more seasons. I think that's the right move, considering the last two seasons were moving slow as molasses and I was loosing too much interest...

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

So GOT just turned into Aliens.

Spoiler
The Children of the Forest (Engineers) build the White Walkers (Xenos) but the WW eventually just run wild and start killing everyone. (Prometheus)

Daenerys is obviously Ripley and her dragons are flame throwers.
[close]

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 23, 2016, 07:47:18 AM

Spoiler
The Children of the Forest (Engineers) build the White Walkers (Xenos) but the WW eventually just run wild and start killing everyone. (Prometheus)

[close]

lol

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Spoiler

[close]

This makes it clear to me, that they aren't following the books at all anymore :P

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on May 24, 2016, 08:24:13 AM

Spoiler

[close]

This makes it clear to me, that they aren't following the books at all anymore :P

They've revealed that GRRM told them all of this.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

On the internet, it seems like there's very few who dare to disagree that the books were gods given gift to mankind by GRRM.
Books 4 and 5 in particular were quite, er, dreary and dull slogs. People in comment sections of youtube are making fusses over changes but honestly, I'm just looking for an exciting adaptation of the story. If they trim more side characters, I couldn't be more pleased.

GRRM should have finished his goddamned book a long, long time ago. I lost interest in waiting for it at this point.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 25, 2016, 02:04:04 AM
On the internet, it seems like there's very few who dare to disagree that the books were gods given gift to mankind by GRRM.
Books 4 and 5 in particular were quite, er, dreary and dull slogs. People in comment sections of youtube are making fusses over changes but honestly, I'm just looking for an exciting adaptation of the story. If they trim more side characters, I couldn't be more pleased.

GRRM should have finished his goddamned book a long, long time ago. I lost interest in waiting for it at this point.

The most annoying side character story is that of Sam and Gilly, it has been for 3 seasons and now it's still dragging on, I saw in the episode preview there'll be more of Sam and Gilly but the story is actually leading nowhere that would add anything to the bigger picture imo.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on May 25, 2016, 10:35:34 AM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 25, 2016, 02:04:04 AM

The most annoying side character story is that of Sam and Gilly, it has been for 3 seasons and now it's still dragging on, I saw in the episode preview there'll be more of Sam and Gilly but the story is actually leading nowhere that would add anything to the bigger picture imo.

Amen with you on that. I think that and Dorne were thinks that were better off not being shown. We might as well have just had Myrcella die off screen and Cersei receive a foreboding raven that indicated her death. Wouldn't you know it, Dorne wasn't planned to be included at all up until the tail end of season 4 when Cogman convinced D&D to write in a plot for it!

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Its still too early to judge if a story is going somewhere or not... Brans story seemed to be stagnating for quite a while, look whats happening now.

You gotta allow things to build slowly, without tension, without action... so that when the tension hits... its all the more effective.

I remember Breaking Bad being so utterly slow and especially draggy in the beginning... but the pay off in the last 2 seasons was just immensely great.

Give it time before you judge the story arc. I also dont understand why people are complaining about Arias storyline... its like they want to see a catharsis every episode.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

HODOR!!!!!  :'(

I swear Dan and Dave have gone mad now they have gone past the books (for the most part anyway). Characters are just dropping like flies if Dan and Dave feel they dont need them anymore.

and the Kings Moot was so rushed

Magegg

Magegg

Who the f**k is "Dan and Dave"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed