The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,842 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 15, 2015, 11:15:45 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 15, 2015, 09:34:49 AM
God, the series has definitely gone so trashy.

Same as every other. Just slower and a lot of useless material to cut through.
I mean the writing, check at the dialogues, they're difinitely a big decline in comparison with the others. And the changes of the plot... Greyworm ruling Mereen? Really? What the f**k are they smoking there?  ::)

Bender1988

Bender1988

so now what...since there is no book to base the season on(Yeah, the producers know how it will all end, but still i dont think they will make the new season before the realese of next book) and i wonder- next year,will they make a new season or not? and if so, will they just make it as a filler ?
Has ayone have any info on this ?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Bender1988 on Jun 15, 2015, 08:41:37 PM
so now what...since there is no book to base the season on(Yeah, the producers know how it will all end, but still i dont think they will make the new season before the realese of next book) and i wonder- next year,will they make a new season or not? and if so, will they just make it as a filler ?
As for what I've read, there's an awful lot of material cut from books 4 and 5, involving Samwell Tarly's in the citadel learning more about magic, a Yunkai prince declares war to Mereen, the Iron Islands get a magical artifact to control dragons and they join the struggle, Quentyn Martell tries to capture Daenerys and bring her to Dorne, Arya's adventure goes far beyond in the books, Brienne gets caught by the Brotherhood Without Banners...

They can continue adapting books 4 and 5, as well as adding original material due to the detours of the plot they introduced. I mean, it sounds ridiculous they can only make a single season based on TWO whole books.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 15, 2015, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 15, 2015, 11:15:45 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 15, 2015, 09:34:49 AM
God, the series has definitely gone so trashy.

Same as every other. Just slower and a lot of useless material to cut through.
I mean the writing, check at the dialogues, they're difinitely a big decline in comparison with the others. And the changes of the plot... Greyworm ruling Mereen? Really? What the f**k are they smoking there?  ::)

Wat. Tyrion and Varys are ruling, not Greyworm.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 15, 2015, 09:25:03 PMWat. Tyrion and Varys are ruling, not Greyworm.
I know, but their idea of putting Greyworm as the "face" of ruling...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Huh. It's almost like this show is about bad things happening to people. Who'da thunk.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I completely forgot that happened in the book! Took me by surprise!

Vertigo

Vertigo

What a ridiculously bleak place to leave the show for 10 months. I think something of varying degrees of bad happened to just about everyone.

Keg

Keg

Im not sure i like this kind of finale. In past seasons big shocking events happened but there was always time to see the aftermath. This episode seemed to have a cliffhanger for half a dozen characters every 10 minutes for the sake of it. Not sure  i liked this approach as opposed to previous seasons.

x-M-x

x-M-x

I'm just waiting for the 'bolton' guy to die...... LET IT BE SOON!

Magegg

Magegg

And where's Theon sister? XD

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Making out with Gendry

xeno-kaname

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Keg on Jun 16, 2015, 02:29:10 PM
Im not sure i like this kind of finale. In past seasons big shocking events happened but there was always time to see the aftermath. This episode seemed to have a cliffhanger for half a dozen characters every 10 minutes for the sake of it. Not sure  i liked this approach as opposed to previous seasons.

The last book was the same. We've been waiting for resolution to these cliffhangers since 2011.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 15, 2015, 09:03:47 PM
Quote from: Bender1988 on Jun 15, 2015, 08:41:37 PM
As for what I've read, there's an awful lot of material cut from books 4 and 5, involving Samwell Tarly's in the citadel learning more about magic, a Yunkai prince declares war to Mereen, the Iron Islands get a magical artifact to control dragons and they join the struggle, Quentyn Martell tries to capture Daenerys and bring her to Dorne, Arya's adventure goes far beyond in the books, Brienne gets caught by the Brotherhood Without Banners...

They can continue adapting books 4 and 5, as well as adding original material due to the detours of the plot they introduced. I mean, it sounds ridiculous they can only make a single season based on TWO whole books.

You know what that one about war in Mereen stands out to me. It's perfect for next season. With Dany temporarily gone, Yunkai has the perfect opportunity, in their minds, to wage war on Mereen. And Tyrion is left to defend it. If he successfully protects the city while Dany is gone, that will prove his worth again and gain the respect of the rest of Dany's entourage.

It sounds like a big plot point that was purposefully postponed just for Tyrion. Which is great in my opinion, if true. And although it could potentially be filler, it's still pretty much from the books just with some significant changes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed