The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,880 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 22, 2014, 06:49:11 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 22, 2014, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 22, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Just started episode three! Here we go.

Did you enjoy it?

Spoiler
Or did Jaime touch you in a bad place? :-[
[close]

Who's to say he wouldn't enjoy that?  :laugh:

It wouldn't be a bad place if he did.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Jon's scenes really impressed me. He's coming along.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup, he has more emotions. :D And it's good, because we're about to be delving into his most interesting material.

GAME OF THRONES: Plot Summaries For Episodes 5-7 Released

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=98612#OxD5fcujwQKBrLBy.99

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 22, 2014, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 22, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Just started episode three! Here we go.

Did you enjoy it?

Spoiler
Or did Jaime touch you in a bad place? :-[
[close]

:-X

Xenodog

Xenodog

I see Jaimie Lannistergate Scandal has not struck here, with his scene with Cersei, which seems to have caused some uproar with his fanbase.

Agree with Marines though...Tywin's scenes own. Dat strategy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenodog on Apr 23, 2014, 11:58:40 AM
I see Jaimie Lannistergate Scandal has not struck here, with his scene with Cersei, which seems to have caused some uproar with his fanbase.

Yup, been seeing a lot of that. The way I see it, it is mostly a matter of circumstance. In the book
Spoiler
Jaime doesn't arrive at King's Landing until after the wedding, and his, erm, encounter is the first time he and Cersei had seen each other since before his imprisonment. It was presented as more mutual in the books, but just recently Martin did come out and say that in the book we are getting the whole scene from Jaime's POV, and we get all of his thoughts and justifications along with that. On TV the camera is external, and we are only able to go by what we see and hear; we can't get into Jaime or Cersei's heads.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 23, 2014, 12:11:20 PM

Yup, been seeing a lot of that. The way I see it, it is mostly a matter of circumstance. In the book
Spoiler
Jaime doesn't arrive at King's Landing until after the wedding, and his, erm, encounter is the first time he and Cersei had seen each other since before his imprisonment. It was presented as more mutual in the books, but just recently Martin did come out and say that in the book we are getting the whole scene from Jaime's POV, and we get all of his thoughts and justifications along with that. On TV the camera is external, and we are only able to go by what we see and hear; we can't get into Jaime or Cersei's heads.
[close]

I saw that too, Martin raises good points. Cersei was still pretty cold and snooty to him after that in the books too.

MudButt

MudButt

Jon Snow is honestly my favorite character, I love the poor bastard.

I was starting to like Jamie again but I don't like him anymore. Not because of the steamy sensual romantic rape scene next to his dead son/nephew/king, but because he seemed like he was shaping into some redemption story but now he's just the same blonde buttface.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I saw that too but i think they are exaggerating.
Spoiler
She clearly wanted it. She kisses him back during the process. She's mainly protesting because she realizes how wrong it is, and the risk of getting caught. That last moment when she hangs on to some cloth from the altar or whatever, she seems to be mostly doing it for support, not to get away.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 23, 2014, 03:01:45 PM

I saw that too but i think they are exaggerating.
Spoiler
She clearly wanted it. She kisses him back during the process. She's mainly protesting because she realizes how wrong it is, and the risk of getting caught. That last moment when she hangs on to some cloth from the altar or whatever, she seems to be mostly doing it for support, not to get away.
[close]

She initiates and then pulls away because of his hand. She looks disgusted by it. You can see it in the scene. Then he says his "hateful woman" line and - twincest. I don't find it much different from the books, where he pushes himself onto her, she protests and tries to fight him off, and then she capitulates (no, that's not the same as consent). It's borderline sexual assault in the novels and it's the same here. Some fans can't extract themselves from a character's POV, that's the more disturbing part about this whole thing.

Quote from: MudButt on Apr 23, 2014, 02:59:55 PM
I was starting to like Jamie again but I don't like him anymore. Not because of the steamy sensual romantic rape scene next to his dead son/nephew/king, but because he seemed like he was shaping into some redemption story but now he's just the same blonde buttface.

This isn't a simple series: these characters have a multitude of threads running through them that lead up to that moment in the Sept. Their entire relationship is destructive. There is not a facet of this coupling that isn't twisted. Aside from literally spawning hate and malevolence in the form of Joffrey, it has caused irreparable harm throughout the Kingdoms in both direct and indirect ways. Jaime is about to realise that his 'love' or lust for Cersei has contributed to the sullying of his honour and name and the near-destruction of a kingdom. This will be a hard and scarring lesson, as it is in life. These two have murdered and schemed to preserve their relationship; now the whole mess is crumbling around them and the violence is being fittingly projected inward.

First Blood

First Blood

:D

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 23, 2014, 03:32:35 PM

:D

no pun intended.  8)

Gates

Gates

But holy shit this show is amaze..!

Just caught up last night...luckily my boy has season tix for the Nets and got an e-mail for a fan premiere they did at Barclays Center in March...

Don't remember if it was during a video or Q-n-A with the actors but they mentioned that something cray would happen every episode this season and they haven't disappointed so far..!

Spoiler
I miss Joffrey already...get his corpse to the Brotherhood..! I need him back asap..! :P
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 23, 2014, 03:21:51 PM
This isn't a simple series: these characters have a multitude of threads running through them that lead up to that moment in the Sept. Their entire relationship is destructive. There is not a facet of this coupling that isn't twisted. Aside from literally spawning hate and malevolence in the form of Joffrey, it has caused irreparable harm throughout the Kingdoms in both direct and indirect ways. Jaime is about to realise that his 'love' or lust for Cersei has contributed to the sullying of his honour and name and the near-destruction of a kingdom. This will be a hard and scarring lesson, as it is in life. These two have murdered and schemed to preserve their relationship; now the whole mess is crumbling around them and the violence is being fittingly projected inward.
Excellent summary of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed