Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 22,631 times)

SiL

Do I still have to pay GST on that?

Corporal Hicks

Is it time Local changed to a Doug Quaid avatar?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 20, 2020, 02:17:22 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 18, 2020, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 18, 2020, 08:37:26 PM
It irks me that people shove Blade Runner in there though. How is that more canon than AvP? And I love Blade Runner!

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 08, 2019, 11:20:28 PM
There's a lot more than that, in fact- more of a connection than A + P ever had.

Spoiler

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 01:24:08 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 08, 2018, 01:05:52 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 01:00:40 AM
Ridley Scott is magnificent with a fantastic writer, the new film requires a writer of Ridley Scott's visual calibre.

Ridley and Villeneuve merging everything into a Blade Runner/Alien crossover is what I personally would want.
To see David walking the rainy city streets of futuristic L.A., vial of hell in hand. So put me down for that.

f**k yes!

I always thought of Blade Runner as a historical background to Alien.
With the Replicants after a rebellion, rewarded recognition of their status as "alive" or human.

Indirectly this would be responsible, in combination with entrepreneur Peter Weyland's death,
for the Weyland Corporation backtracking on "humanisation" of androids- at least in public view.

David and subsequently the Alien, are what happen when an AI no longer is tied to that "leash" of mankind.

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 17, 2018, 01:28:10 PM

Thematics, subject material, depictions of subject material, design language. Retro Futurism. Utilitarian uselessness. Dreams. Dialogue.

Ridley Scott?

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 02, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
Original Alien aesthetic now?
It would be bloody fantastic to see IMO.
People loved it in Isolation, and even items were described as chunky and retro in TCF.
The retrofuturism in general reminds people of Alien and Blade Runner.
[close]

TLDR; A+B > A+P.
IMO obviously.

Did you have to search for that or are you logging all her posts in a database for future reference?

Search.  As for the database, I'm still collating.

Corporal Hicks

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 18, 2020, 08:37:26 PM
I don't worry about canon. I revel in the NES games, Kenner figures, and the 5 alternate fates (at least) of Corporal Hicks.
It irks me that people shove Blade Runner in there though. How is that more canon than AvP? And I love Blade Runner!

Its not that Blade Runner is litterly canon, its that things from it do happen, though probably differently.  Think of it like this, if you saw MK11 story mode, its all about the multiverse, and in those infinite universes, lots of Raiden, he does similar things in some, and others he is radically different, hell theirs a couple universes where Raiden looks and sounds like the Highlander.

SM

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2020, 01:18:07 AM
Which things?
For sure that the company from Blade Runner exists, the guy from the series that made the company exists, he made replicants.  Thats all we know.

Local Trouble

How do we know these things?

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 30, 2020, 01:50:21 AM

because the 3d version of Prometheus disc has those things mentioned, also Peter Weyland hates the guy that made Replicants and he thinks they are an abomination compared to androids.

Samhain13

Local Trouble

Time for a new canon war?

Samhain13

I'm always ready for it.

SiL

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Nov 30, 2020, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 30, 2020, 01:50:21 AM

because the 3d version of Prometheus disc has those things mentioned, also Peter Weyland hates the guy that made Replicants and he thinks they are an abomination compared to androids.
That was done for fun for the disc, not an official thing.

SM

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Nov 30, 2020, 01:48:58 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2020, 01:18:07 AM
Which things?
For sure that the company from Blade Runner exists, the guy from the series that made the company exists, he made replicants.  Thats all we know.

No.

No we do not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed