What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,613 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Spandex, fighting for its life.

Huggs

Huggs

The first covid death has been reported in our county.

Hopefully, it will be the last.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Mine is at nearly 1,100 now.

Huggs

Huggs

Word of mouth (at the moment) is that it was an elderly individual with preexisting conditions. Of course, I can't confirm that.

I understand the need to maintain privacy, but it would be helpful to know something about them. Like, "The deceased was an elderly female with multiple preexisting health issues". Nothing too specific, but it let's us know it wasn't some healthy 25 year old.

426Buddy

426Buddy

There is just soooooo much suffering in the world. I try to maintain focus on my life and my family, because if I leave myself open to all the awful realities of the world... I will be destroyed.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I completely understand man.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 11, 2020, 10:44:51 PM
There is just soooooo much suffering in the world. I try to maintain focus on my life and my family, because if I leave myself open to all the awful realities of the world... I will be destroyed.

I feel that, buddy. Man, just scrolling through Facebook and Twitter and it's the world and country collapsing around me. Thank God for my distractions.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Work this last week.

The Owner has no idea what the hell he's doing i swear. He just arbitrarily cut peoples hours back once The Manager had done the rotas before she went on holiday. He was saying hours were being wasted by having so many people on and on the length of shift they were doing.

So we ended up getting slammed on those times because we didnt have the right amount of staff on and hours were "wasted" anyway because the people who were on had to stay longer to get everything done. So they extra time they and i worked could have gone to the people he told not to come in and everything would have been easier

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 12, 2020, 09:20:54 AM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2020, 09:37:06 AM

I feel that, buddy. Man, just scrolling through Facebook and Twitter and it's the world and country collapsing around me. Thank God for my distractions.

It all just wears on you after a while. The pandemic, politics, ignorance from people you love/respect, climate change, and the economy. Toss in just terrible stories of fatalities from the forest fires raging out west and its overwhelming. Have to just shut 2020 out and focus on my life in which I am insanely lucky to have it so well.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy. :)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 13, 2020, 01:56:00 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 12, 2020, 09:20:54 AM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2020, 09:37:06 AM

It all just wears on you after a while. The pandemic, politics, ignorance from people you love/respect, climate change, and the economy. Toss in just terrible stories of fatalities from the forest fires raging out west and its overwhelming. Have to just shut 2020 out and focus on my life in which I am insanely lucky to have it so well.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy. :)

Turning off all the "noise" and focusing on your adorable little boy might help :).  FB, Twitter, and the like, are just making everything worse IMHO.  I'm a parent also, so having someone to fight for in bad situations helps us to stay strong and focused.   

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 11, 2020, 01:03:00 AM
Mine is at nearly 1,100 now.

Just found out we've had a second.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We're up to 1,125 now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Came in with the best of intentions today. That didn't last long.  >:(

SM

SM

Road to hell those things.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

So Cineworld could be closing again. DAMN

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed