[Spoilers] Alien: Romulus Footage Debuted At CinemaCon!

Started by El Diablo, Apr 11, 2024, 11:30:35 PM

Author
[Spoilers] Alien: Romulus Footage Debuted At CinemaCon! (Read 7,255 times)

Wweyland

Sounds very slightly like Saw

Mr.M

I think and believe Fede is the right guy for this as he has a love for the story, but understands how to use practical effects and how to film them. I'm looking forward to seeing this film.

XENOMORPHOSIS

We already gathered that look of the Alien had the translucent dome and faint glimpse of the skull underneath from the end of the teaser that was released, you get glimpse of the skull on another angle from this banner poster.

BigDaddyJohn

Also it is said that
Spoiler
the Romulus crew shot numerous facehuggers, so not much worry about acid blood damaging the station apparently ? Or maybe they end up in water and that negates the acid blood or something.
[close]

Ant

I'm staying away from the detailed scene descriptions, but is there any word on what the adult Alien looked like? Beyond what we learned from the trailer... Any biomechanical elements? I'm just really looking forward to getting away from the generic sinew look we've had since Resurrection.

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2024, 11:39:14 AMAlso it is said that
Spoiler
the Romulus crew shot numerous facehuggers, so not much worry about acid blood damaging the station apparently ? Or maybe they end up in water and that negates the acid blood or something.
[close]
Spoiler
They say they're knee deep in water.
[close]

cockroach

sounds great and pure terror!

BlueMarsalis79

So... them looking like that then, not just a coincidence.

Spoiler
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on Apr 12, 2024, 12:06:57 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2024, 11:39:14 AMAlso it is said that
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
They say they're knee deep in water.
[close]

Spoiler
I had the impression that it wasn't clear where they were shooting the facehuggers, but re-reading it, it's clear they are still in water.
[close]

0321recon

Glad to see on the report finally acknowledging the effects for the trilogy including Alien³ since its always just aLiEn oR aLiEnS lol! Alien³ always kicked to the curb.

solace97

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 11, 2024, 11:57:05 PMThose were the scenes I thought they were going to show. I bet we see a bit of them during the ALIEN Day screening.

By showing these scenes does it take away from the movie? As in they were the highlights of the film or are there better surprises. I always get worried cause people show their best hand early these days

Mike’s Monsters

These moments are close to the beginning of the film and are only a taste of way more chaos that follows. Basically the inciting incidents. I don't feel like they take away, but I'd say go in as blind as possible if you want to have more fun and have no idea what to expect.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 12, 2024, 11:13:46 PMThese moments are close to the beginning of the film and are only a taste of way more chaos that follows. Basically the inciting incidents. I don't feel like they take away, but I'd say go in as blind as possible if you want to have more fun and have no idea what to expect.

Spoiler
Hey Mike. Left you a message if you have room in your inbox.
[close]

Agreed but I would say even if someone didn't see or read about the cinemacon footage, the trailer made it so most will know which character may or may not be dooomed.

solace97

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 12, 2024, 11:13:46 PMThese moments are close to the beginning of the film and are only a taste of way more chaos that follows. Basically the inciting incidents. I don't feel like they take away, but I'd say go in as blind as possible if you want to have more fun and have no idea what to expect.
That's good to hear. I unfortunately will not be going in blind, I have to read spoilers but don't care as long as it's executed properly. But damn that makes me excited if those scenes are considered minor to what awaits

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I have been keeping an eye out because I at least want to make sure that if I am going to pay for a ticket for this movie, that its not going to leave a bad taste like Covenant did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed