A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 52,560 times)

SiL

And Marvel movies are still under the Marvel banner.

Corporal Hicks

There's also Avatar. And to be fair to them, the Marvel properties open up another massive event for them > Avengers vs. X-Men.

Xenomrph

Huggs

A show following the lines of Earth Hive would be doable. A slow building drama/horror. They could mainly use real locations too, which is a bonus. You'd need to have the aliens get on earth first, but from there they could focus on the human drama and scientific/political/military aspects. People getting dragged away in the night. Fundamentalists wreaking havoc, small military skirmishes clearing out hives in remote areas. Tracking individual xenomorphs in the city. Regular people trying to make sense of what's going on. Kind of like a slow building alien version of F.T.W.D. season 1.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien Anthology.  ;D

toro

not sure if i'd prefer an ongoing series or anthology type of deal
either way, i'm excited to see what can be done
i think a dark, edgy streaming series could be excellent

Perfect-Organism

I think an even better idea than Blomkamp's film (unless his story is better which I don't really know), would be adapt the best parts of Mark Verheiden's original Aliens comics in an epic film, featuring Ripley, Hicks and Newt, leading up to an all out Alien infestation on earth, and subsequent nuclear holocaust.

Subsequently, a Netflix series could be made about living on earth in the future under that infestation.  It should feel like a zombie film a little, in that people are living in small tribes, and always in fear of the Aliens.  In the background, there would be orchestrated military machinations happening on space ships and space stations (Luna?) as plans are laid out to retake earth.  General Hicks would be running that of course.  That could be a dynamite series!

SM

The good bits with Ripley, Hicks and Newt were few.

Perfect-Organism

I would say, there practically were none.  The good bits were with Hicks and Newt together.  Ripley came in later in the series as it was spiraling out of control.

Some tweaks would be called for.

Or I could be wrong altogether.  To have a whole film with just Hicks and Newt, without Ripley, would also be a missed opportunity.  Unless, it was a sort of search for Ripley, kind of like Star Wars: Force Awakens.  In which case, you could make the film revolve around Ripley, without Ripley, and set up a sequel for her return.

Immortan Jonesy

^ Old mentors who give the torch to new adventurers, I like it. The story might be focused on Newt and some new characters in search of Ripley.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, Ripley leaving, was the pretext for Newt ultimately ending up in a mental institution.  Newt's childhood romp with the aliens notwithstanding.  She lost her mother-figure, twice.  (in the comics)

It would make sense for Newt to be searching for Ripley to try to figure out why she disappeared before Newt woke from Cryo.  It might even be cool if she finds a cryo-tube at the end of the film where a woman is sleeping for many years named... Ripley.  Amanda... Ripley.  Also in search of Ellen Ripley.  Then the two of them search for her...

The Old One

The Old One

Repulsive.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 25, 2018, 03:58:36 AM
Repulsive.

It's turning into one big intergalactic family.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed. Alien is "hard" science fiction, no space opera or soap opera.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 25, 2018, 04:00:13 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 25, 2018, 03:58:36 AM
Repulsive.

It's turning into one big intergalactic family.

"Star Beast: Ripley Strikes Back".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed