Alien Trilogy + Alien: Resurrection By Nightdive Studios (hypothetical)

Started by Wweyland, Aug 31, 2023, 08:22:04 AM

Author
Alien Trilogy + Alien: Resurrection By Nightdive Studios (hypothetical) (Read 2,415 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Considering Nightdive is now "porting" old console games to the PC, this type of remaster would be amazing.
Would there be any licensing issues involved?

[cancerblack]

Don't get my hopes up like that, man.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 31, 2023, 08:35:58 PMDon't get my hopes up like that, man.

Do you think it'll hold up any better than System Shock did?

[cancerblack]

Both of those games are still entirely playable, but could do with some polish.

The original System Shock was never playable.

Stitch

The System Shock remake is great, just tough as balls. I'd welcome a classic Alien FPS remake.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 01, 2023, 12:00:52 AMThe System Shock remake is great, just tough as balls. I'd welcome a classic Alien FPS remake.

That's coz it was totally remade, not simply remastered or given a smooth port. The OG is a flight sim with 5 different control schemes and a bunch of other nonsense.

Wweyland

Just a cleaned-up version that runs with a mouse would be my preference (and achievements!).

Corporal Hicks

The originals play well enough still imho. I'd love to see them remastered and released. Would give me a larger excuse to finally play Resurrection. I was always gutted we never saw a re-release or a GBA version around those eras when we were seeing version of Doom and Duke Nukem released on X-Box arcade or on the GBA.

xenotaris

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 31, 2023, 10:22:12 PMBoth of those games are still entirely playable, but could do with some polish.

The original System Shock was never playable.

Wait, I'm still able to play the original System Shock...via the Enhanced Edition

[cancerblack]

Yeah, it just has a deeply unpleasant UI/control scheme to the point of (essentially) being unplayable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed