Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 903,367 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Batman: Three Jokers

Artwork and the way panels are laid out just screams "I want to be a new Killing Joke!" I don't think this one quite earns that status

Spoiler
Why do we need to come back to Barbara being shot and Jason being beaten with crowbar ? I get these are huge part of Batman mythos but, for Christ's sake, it was what 30, 40 years ago ? Can't you come up with anything new and shocking without refferencing these stories ?

I dig interactions between Three Jokers. Wish the fact there's 3 of them would've been explained better. It's Joker and he supposed to be mysterious blah blah blah but come on! At least something ? And character don't seem to be too bothered: "So there's 3 Jokers now? Ok"

Beginning of issue 2 was positively heart-breaking. Also, it seems "The Comedian" realises how terrified of him his family would be if everything happens inside his head

I liked the sequence between Joe Chill and Batman near the end. It was heart-warming even if somewhat too sweety. And the fact "The Comedian" was involved in that made it even more interesting

Not sure about the final twist though. It gives Killing Joke a whole new perspective. Was it supposed to be Bruce who paid for "The Comedian"'s wife movement to Alaska ? Does it make him responsible for creating the Joker ?
[close]

Ryu

Ryu

Happy New Year 2021.

Kradan

Kradan

Predator: Cold War

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You have my attention

Kradan

Kradan

Catwoman: When In Rome

This had less confusing more straight-forward narrative than previous Loeb's and Sale's collaborations which is much appreciated. And, goddamn, that artwork is beatiful - Sale really perfected his style since Long Halloween

Superman For All Seasons

Yet another Loeb/Sale collaboration from the late 90s right after the success of Long Halloween. It's pretty interesting to compare how Sale depicts Batman and Gotham opposed to Superman, Smalville and Metropolis - later is much brighter, there's almost no deep shadows and artwork as a whole has a more optimistic cheerful feel to it. Which is complemented by Bjarne Hansen beatiful watercolour-like colours. I especially enjoyed how Sale draws Superman - he looks puffy, almost child-like which I guess fits his a bit naive personality

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan your avatar's broken.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Ryu on Jan 01, 2020, 01:09:52 AM

Quote from: Ryu on Jan 01, 2021, 12:29:43 AM

Happy New Year 2021.

It took me almost 2 months to get that there's 1 year gap between these two posts  :D

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 17, 2021, 07:04:54 PM
Kradan your avatar's broken.

Idk, I can see it just fine

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah, because you have it cached, it's broken for everyone else.

Kradan

Kradan

Ok, I'll try to do something about it if it bothers you

How about now ?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It doesn't bother me, I'm just letting you know.

And it's still broken.

Using an image from a Wiki never works.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I don't wanna be rude but your "letting me know" gets a bit ... persistent

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

K

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Looks like Todd McFarlane wants Spawn to have a huge comeback. I respect McFarlane for going through with this.

https://twitter.com/Todd_McFarlane/status/1362514975168753664

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

All-Star Superman

The good parts are really, really good. But some of it falls into the usual Morrison problem of being really weird for the sake of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed