Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph!

Started by RakaiThwei, Dec 12, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph! (Read 33,889 times)

Liberator

Liberator

I hope they bring out the alien's full potential, which is a must when they show their home world.  The aliens can build.  Let's see them with property, buildings and weapons, and even spaceships.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 13, 2015, 04:25:04 PM
Yep. Plus, Giger wasn't really into the biomechanics so much in his later years, anyway. All that the art directors need to do is grab copies of Giger's Alien, Necronomicon, and New York, and they're good to go.  8)
WHOA! watch Dark Star on Netflix. His total library is biomechanical, some more than others, but all the same.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Flexserve on Dec 14, 2015, 12:02:41 AM
Yep. Plus, Giger wasn't really into the biomechanics so much in his later years, anyway. All that the art directors need to do is grab copies of Giger's Alien, Necronomicon, and New York, and they're good to go.  8)
WHOA! watch Dark Star on Netflix. His total library is biomechanical, some more than others, but all the same.

Actually, not so much. Ever read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Www-Hr-Giger-Com/dp/3822887242/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450052568&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=www+hrgiger+com

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 14, 2015, 12:23:32 AM
Quote from: Flexserve on Dec 14, 2015, 12:02:41 AM

Actually, not so much. Ever read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Www-Hr-Giger-Com/dp/3822887242/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450052568&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=www+hrgiger+com

You mean the one with all the biomechanical pics? No. Dark Star was 2014. Sorry. It's not that important to me to prove it to you when Netflix will suffice. I know the truth and that's good enough for me. Peace out, not worth the time of a forum "back and forth" over something so trivial. But check out the Netflix movie..it's pretty good.

blood.

blood.

I'm keeping my excitement in check, it's still a prometheus sequel we're talking about. I'm pretty much expecting a xeno appearance to be more of a cameo then anything, perhaps feature as much as the Fifield monster did.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 12, 2015, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 12, 2015, 02:45:42 PM
I kind of wonder if the Deacon will actually be in it. The way they are presenting it is almost like they are rebooting Prometheus except they are carrying the best character over (Fassbender/David).

That's also the feeling I've been getting. So far they've downplayed everything from Prometheus (except for David) and played-up everything from the original Alien.

I get the same notion. And I'm quite happy about that. There were plenty of things in Prometheus I liked but as a film itself it frustrated the hell out of me. I am quite happy with them doing what they should have done originally and have a film that explores the Jockeys/Engineers with the Aliens in it.

I just hope it's all coherent and not some convoluted clusterf**ked story about their relation.

I'd be really interested to see where all this swerving back into Alien came from. The true reasons behind it. I hope it's chronicled.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Given how adamant they were that they weren't going to do Alien with the Prometheus film series, and that they went out of there way to not have the Alien in the first film, suddenly completely reneging on that standpoint and shoving the Alien back into the sequel does not fill me with confidence.

Corporal Hicks

That's why I really want to know how the turnabout came to be.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Better get Lauzirika on the phone.

Corporal Hicks

Last I spoke to him it wasn't looking likely.  :-\ Fox didn't seem keen on him coming back. Despite how good his work is, they're evidently not fans of him at the minute. Granted we were talking about Alien 5 and not Prometheus 2 but still.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Huh, I wonder why that is.

Corporal Hicks

I didn't push the point. This was back in March though so I don't know if anything has changed.

More important point is that it's going to be a huge detriment if Charles isn't involved with the home release. He's been such a huge and important part of this franchise even if fans don't necessarily know his name.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2015, 02:03:59 PMMore important point is that it's going to be a huge detriment if Charles isn't involved with the home release.

Absolutely. The Alien home video releases are legitimately some of the best on the market in terms of content and presentation, and have consistently been so. I can think of one, maybe two other sets that are as good. Given Lauzirika's obvious passion for the series, I'm guessing that quality is due in no small part to him.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2015, 01:07:53 PM
That's why I really want to know how the turnabout came to be.

It could be something as simple as studio politics. Rumour has it that the request to remove the Alien from Prometheus came from Fox Film Entertainment CEO and co-chairman, Tom Rothman. Rothman left Fox in 2012 and Jim Gianopulos is now fully in charge as sole chair.

Not sure what other management changes were made after Rothman's departure but typically the "new regime" would proceed to do exactly the opposite of what the "previous regime" did - such is studio politics and human nature.

Also, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Fox is well aware of all the media and fan excitement surrounding Blomkamp's proposed Alien film which would have re-introduced the classical Alien. Alien: Isolation also showed that, that particular beast hasn't been cooked yet. Couple that with Hollywood's current nostalgia mania with films such as the new Star Wars sequels coming out and it all begins to make sense.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 01:57:14 PM
Huh, I wonder why that is.

Probably because of the fact that the Furious Gods documentary was better and more entertaining than the actual film?  :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2015, 02:03:59 PMMore important point is that it's going to be a huge detriment if Charles isn't involved with the home release.

Absolutely. The Alien home video releases are legitimately some of the best on the market in terms of content and presentation, and have consistently been so. I can think of one, maybe two other sets that are as good. Given Lauzirika's obvious passion for the series, I'm guessing that quality is due in no small part to him.

Agreed, the Alien quadrilogy/anthology documentaries were really great - thorough and in-depth. I also liked what he did with the Alien 3 Assembly Cut, it is my preferred version actually. Not to mention the amazing Blade Runner Final Cut and the Dangerous Days documentary.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 14, 2015, 03:00:01 PMAgreed, the Alien quadrilogy/anthology documentaries were really great - thorough and in-depth. I also liked what he did with the Alien 3 Assembly Cut, it is my preferred version actually. Not to mention the amazing Blade Runner Final Cut and the Dangerous Days documentary.

The documentaries are superb and the obvious tip of the bonus features iceberg, but just the sheer volume of interesting extras, both old and new, that they include every time they put out a new collection seriously impresses me, and it's always beautifully packaged and presented. There's, what, 60 hours of bonus stuff on the Anthology set? Couple that with the sleek box and menus. It's just an incredibly competent, well-designed set. From what I've read, it seems Lauzirika was the man responsible for all of that. (He also did the Quadrilogy before that. Not sure about the Legacy set.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed