Alien: Night Shift - 40th Anniversary Short Film

Started by aliens13, Apr 09, 2019, 05:24:37 PM

Author
Alien: Night Shift - 40th Anniversary Short Film (Read 28,448 times)

aliens13

aliens13

The Old One

The Old One

The strangest dream? Infected confirmed.

[cancerblack]

Looks nice, love the use of the siren at the end.

morseman

Let's see where this one goes, it's be interesting to see if it's possible to edit all these shorts together, maybe create a very interesting whole. I'm seeing a possibility for a narrative path of sorts

Huggs

Looks to revolve around a burster.

Given the runtime of these shorts, I wouldn't expect a mature alien in this one.

Will we be seeing any grown xenomorphs in these at some point?

SiL

Yes, the trailers have already shown the Covenant adult in at least one of the shorts.

Highland

Would be cool if somebody added a new design, doubt it'll happen. They might not even be allowed.

The Old One

The Old One

A new design? Of?

SiL

Alien.

Budget likely wouldn't permit -- we've gone one film with no Alien, and one with a cheap CG hugger. The brief said they had to stick to concepts from the first movie, so new designs likely wouldn't have been allowed anyway.

Huggs

They all needed Bob Burns.

If you wanna do the best non silver screen alien, you just gotta have "the right crew".

SiL

If i'd been able to find a US producer for a pitch and got the gig I would've called Odd Studios pretty quick :P Cast and crew I could get for free; spend all the money on sets, effects and food.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2019, 04:48:26 AM
If i'd been able to find a US producer for a pitch and got the gig I would've called Odd Studios pretty quick :P Cast and crew I could get for free; spend all the money on sets, effects and food.
Pfft, tell them they'll get nourishment by way of self-fulfillment in a job well done, save a ton on the food budget.

Likewise, if the cast or crew try to rest, remind them of what Ron Perlman said in 'Alien Resurrection'.
Spoiler
"Sleep when you die."
[close]

Huggs

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 10, 2019, 05:02:44 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2019, 04:48:26 AM
Pfft, tell them they'll get nourishment by way of self-fulfillment in a job well done, save a ton on the food budget.

Likewise, if the cast or crew try to rest, remind them of what Ron Perlman said in 'Alien Resurrection'.
Spoiler
"Sleep when you die."
[close]

Potatoes are the life's blood of any great human endeavor.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2019, 03:57:06 AM
Alien.

Budget likely wouldn't permit -- we've gone one film with no Alien, and one with a cheap CG hugger. The brief said they had to stick to concepts from the first movie, so new designs likely wouldn't have been allowed anyway.

True, could add touches though, like a different coloured Egg etc.

Like Jurassic Park Dinos in subsequent films.

EDIT: On second thoughts would probably be met with " That's no meh Alien Egg, why's it purple, The LORE"

Xenomrph

Quote from: Highland on Apr 10, 2019, 05:17:34 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 10, 2019, 03:57:06 AM
Alien.

True, could add touches though, like a different coloured Egg etc.

Like Jurassic Park Dinos in subsequent films.

EDIT: On second thoughts would probably be met with " That's no meh Alien Egg, why's it purple, The LORE"
I kind of doubt that - the Alien movies have changed stuff every step of the way and the fandom has been (mostly) accepting of cosmetic changes, or at least accepting that those things happen and that it's not the end of the world. I doubt casual viewers would notice, let alone care.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed